Cultural Leonesa: Read OP for contents and my progress

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lanzarote

I was in Lanzarote in the Summer with all my mates and had a great time,

I would pick them and see what I can do with them ,

Is their a actually Lanzarote team or is it a team from their ?

I was in Lanzarote in the Summer with all my mates and had a great time,

I would pick them and see what I can do with them ,

Is their a actually Lanzarote team or is it a team from their ?

Yea think there is a Lanzarote team in one of the lower divisions

yeah theres a team called UD Lanzarote they play in second division B2

This sounds great :) Even though you have a very little budget, you still manage to pick some pretty interesting players ;) Actually, I'm Cultural Leonesa myself, and I managed to pick up keeper Marian Kelemen, in the first pre-season. Even though Borussia Dortmund, Stuttgart, Fenerbahce, Porto and Ath. Madrid offered him contracts as well!

But I will keep follow you, great story, great. And very well written.

Good luck!

Nice one mate,

One last thing will ya tell me how to get screenshots and post them here because once I'm able to do that I will start

Last edited:
Nice one mate,

One last thing will ya tell me how to get screenshots and post them here because once I'm able to do that I will start

sent instructions to your message board

You're doing really well mate. Hope Macheda and Morientes are doing well for you ;)

Btw, what happened with Dodo? He's signed twice XD unless it's two different people? (A)

You're doing really well mate. Hope Macheda and Morientes are doing well for you ;)

Btw, what happened with Dodo? He's signed twice XD unless it's two different people? (A)

cheers mate. yeah im hesitant to use macheda as anything more than backup, as he's never going to sign permenantly, and im not the kind of manager who is going to develop players for bigger clubs so they can then either sell them on for huge profit or take them back and stick them in the first team. its not a good long term plan imo.

also in spain the transfer window opens before the season ends. so i signed dodo on a ''season long loan'' only to see him arrive and leave on the same day as the new season started the next day, slightly bizzarre when it happened!

Mid Season Update:

So, the January transfer window has slammed shut and Rocamoras band of brothers have managed to keep thier heads above water pretty comfortably so far, we sit 14th on 27 points. Our storming victory against Poli Ejido earlier in the season was unfortunately not a sign of things to come... They've gone on to become the whipping boys of this division, their sorry defence conceding 56 goals in 22 games. They've scrabbled 9 points together so far and they're destined for the drop. Early season favourites Elche have sacked 2 managers already and lie precariously in 17th, 4 points above the drop zone. Betis rightly sit top of the league, closely followed by surprise packages Las Palmas from the Canary Islands, it seems that some teams paying a visit to the Estadio de Gran Canaria have been concentrating a bit too much on catching some winter sun, rather than their football!
Contrast this with our own performances at home. The Reino del Leon sits in the town of Leon in northern Spain, we have regular frost and snow throughout November, December and January, and ive been in charge of plenty of home games played below freezing with an orange ball! Despite having unusual weather conditions for a Spanish team, this 'home advantage' has failed to catch opposition teams out and our home record is no longer one to be proud of. Osasuna, who were also tipped for promotion curerntly sit 8th, but this league is so close, they are only 5th points ahead of us!
View attachment 27333
View attachment 27334
View attachment 27335

Morientes exploded onto the scene with a quick flurry of goals, his form then dipped after a short spell out with injury, Macheda came in and has done very well. Rocamora struggled after early season brilliance, but typical of the man, he got himself fired up for the match agaisnt his one of his previous employers, Murcia. Since teaching them a thorough lesson he has found his feet again and is top scorer for La Cultu.
My tactics havent really changed, although ive had to rotate alot more due to injuries and Matic's awful stamina.
View attachment 27338

Ive moved to replace the ageing Lucien Mettemo with young American centre back Gale Agbossomounde from Miami FC. I also snapped up former Tottenham player Dorian Dervite on a free. Young Slovakian winger Vladimir Weiss struggled to settle so i signed experieinced countryman Karol Kisel to help him to settle in. I allowed Enrique to leave the club as i couldnt promise first team football. Summer signing Adam Szalai has so far justified Real Madrids decision to release him, hes had no imapct and is way down the pecking order for the lone striker spot, ive loaned him to 2B1 highflyers Ferrol in the hope that regular football will bring goals.
View attachment 27339
View attachment 27340
View attachment 27341

Th only downside to the Agbossomounde transfer was that Miami insisted on arranging a friendly as part of the deal. It wasnt too much of an issue until they sprang the invite upon me just now, the game is scheduled for February, sandwiched between 2 weekend games. At least my boys can recharge in the Miami sun before making the trip back to the freezing conditions in Leon!
Ive recently discovered a terrific looking regen, one of the most talented 16 year olds ive seen for a while. He's at Real Madrid but i will keep my eye on him in the hope they allow his contract to run down, or his price stays quite low. They've quoted me 3.4million to get him now, but ive only got a few hundred grand in the bank!
View attachment 27345

So with little chance of getting promoted this year, i intend to scout the world (or at least the countries im allowed to) for cheap young talent to take me to the next level. Whilst also doing enough to steer clear of the relegation dogfight. I cant see it being much of a problem with Poli Ejido all but down, Castilla looking really shaky and a handful of other teams looking in worse shape than me!

Viva La Cultu!

Last edited:
Good luck jdm. A few wins on the trot and you could be into the top half. Looks like Macheda is doing well and your AM too. Hopefully Dervite and Gale Whatshisname can tighten up your defence.. improve that and Macheda and Rocamora could fire you up the table

Good luck jdm. A few wins on the trot and you could be into the top half. Looks like Macheda is doing well and your AM too. Hopefully Dervite and Gale Whatshisname can tighten up your defence.. improve that and Macheda and Rocamora could fire you up the table

defence isnt too bad. Rapnik is a top player at this level really, ive been playing him with either one of my CB prospects; Cala and Stjepic. Or ive been using the experienced Mettomo. Dervite and Gale have just added some competition and some more potential. Yeah i was reluctant to use Macheda but hes done very well so far. Im hoping to finish pretty comfortbaly but promotion has passed me by i reckon.

Last edited:
Heh, freezing climate during winter is the normal for northern Spain: Castilla y León, Logroño, Aragón.

Hells, in summer Burgos only gets a few days above 30ºC, normally it stays in the upper twenties. But there's always a few days in August when the temperature goes below 10ºC. It's continental climate over there, not mediterranean.

Heh, freezing climate during winter is the normal for northern Spain: Castilla y León, Logroño, Aragón.

Hells, in summer Burgos only gets a few days above 30ºC, normally it stays in the upper twenties. But there's always a few days in August when the temperature goes below 10ºC. It's continental climate over there, not mediterranean.

Yeah i guess you are right. But i expected the likes of Cartagena, Murica, Malaga, Elche, Cordoba and Poli Ejido from the much warmer southern provinces to find the cold trip to Leon a bit daunting, even more so for Las Palams form Gran Canaria!

End Of Season Review

Liga Adelante: Finished in a pretty pleasing 12th place
Spanish Cup: Knocked out in 3rd round by Gimnastic

I write this on the day that Argentina have dished out revenge over fierce rivals Brazil. A 3-1 win in the Copa America Final will go some way to avenging Brazils victory over them in the World Cup Final last season. In an unusually cold Leon (freezing conditions at the Reino del Leon continued well into April) La Cultu have finished a pretty unspectacular season in 12th. There are no major signings to report and although we briefly flirted with promotion, mid table obscurity (and safety from relegation) was always my main aim. This summer i hope to secure the funds to restructure the squad and push for the big time of Liga BBVA within 2 seasons.

Rocamora once again has relished his free roaming Trequarista role from midfield and put many a defence to the sword, finishing with 21 goals and 15 assists. Only Federico Macheda managed to better the La Cultu favourite, 22 goals was a great return from the loan signing from Man Utd. An intereseting stat, and one which will surely see Rocamora go down in history as one of the greatest players to wear the jersey of Los Culturalistas, is that hes now scored an incredible 52 goals from just 92 appearances for this little club from Leon. He was deservedly the fans player of the year for the second season running.

Morientes came 3rd in the clubs goalscoring charts, an injury ravaged season saw him score 8 goals from 18 starts. Other team memebers popped up with goals here and there, but nothing of note. The lemon, once again failed to impress....

I am very excited by hot prospect Ruben Jimenez, I held him back for most of the season, but a hat-trick on his league debut for the club may mean hes a long term threat to Rocamoras crown as the fans favourite
View attachment 28264
View attachment 28265

I stuck to my tatcics all season, although Matic's horrendous stamina and Seyfo Soleys regular international call-ups for the Gambia meant my central midfield pairing was never settled all season. Morientes didnt really fit into the system due to his lack of pace, although his aerial ability was welcome. I'm now very grateful that i secured Macheda on loan, without him i fear we may have gone close to the drop.

Betis, Las Palmas and Levante ran away with it, Betis ended up topping the table after Las Palmas' challenge faltered at the last. Xerez, Malaga and Rayo were the only other teams to put any pressure on the leading pack. Whipping boys Poli Ejido were all but down by Christmas, they were followed back to the depths of Spanish 2B by Castilla, Castellon and Cordoba.
View attachment 28266
View attachment 28267
View attachment 28268
View attachment 28269

The transfer window has opened, but once again the next season hasnt begun and i dont have my new budget, im not expecting a great deal as club finances are looking pretty tight thanks to excessive wages on elderly stars like Morientes and Contra. I have however secured the signature of Spanish international full back Mariano Pernia (a hero from my FM09 story) on a free. Hes a top left back who will no doubt chip in with plenty of goals thanks to his wonderful technical stats. Dodo looks unlikely to become a permenant signing but i will try. Saviola is still a long shot but hopefully the lack of European football at Benfica this season may persuade him that Leon is his spiritual home. Left winger Rodrigo Achubi made his loan move from River a permenant one thanks to a pre contract agreement.
View attachment 28270

I intend to study the market long and hard this summer, perhaps securing a handful of wonderkids to go with Ruben Jimenez who can aid my push for the top flight. As its now the 3rd season there will no doubt be plenty of free agents kicking about, if i can secure a deep lying midfield maestro to sit next to my ballwinner Soley then i'll be happy. Ricardo retired to the coaching staff and Cavallero opted to leave the club so ive got youngster Oscar Martinez and Dudek to battle it out for the number 1 spot. Dudek is free to leave if any club approaches though, thanks to a non-promotion release clause in his contract :mad: so I need a goalie as cover/replacement for Dudek.

I also applied for the USA job after thier shock exit in the group stage of the North American Gold Cup. Its probably not going to be a long term appointment, I intend to use this job to gain knowledge on potential signings on the other side of the pond. Perhaps a tournament win will bost my repuatation and therefore my chance of signing some bigger names. At the very least Gale Agbossomounde will get regular international experience.....
View attachment 28277

Hopefully this season i can push on an challenge for promotion. Pre Season update will be posted soon.

Viva La Cultu!

Last edited:
Good end to the season, hopefully you can pick up some quality free's, your regen looks really good, no doubt Pernia will be captain?

Good end to the season, hopefully you can pick up some quality free's, your regen looks really good, no doubt Pernia will be captain?

Cavallero was my captain from the first season, and although he didnt play this season thanks to dudek, he remained cpatain. after he left i was asked to appoint a new captain, i chose rocmaora, then the week after i signed Pernia.... Im reluctant to replace him but i might do it, ill see.

Can we can a screenshot of Rocmaora?

there you go mate. his career stats only show league goals. the other goals and apps came in the cup. his stats arent brilliant but he always seems to perform pretty well. ive noticed theres a few players like that on FM, billy sharp always scores goals for me at every level, even champions league, despite being pretty poor stats wise.
View attachment 28359
View attachment 28360

I hadn't gotten back tofollowing this but I read all of it now and its a really great read mate :) you've made some great loan signings too so I'm sure you'll have a good season

Status
Not open for further replies.