Cultural Leonesa: Read OP for contents and my progress

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hadn't gotten back tofollowing this but I read all of it now and its a really great read mate :) you've made some great loan signings too so I'm sure you'll have a good season

thanks mate, yea macheda was a good loan, not sure i will be able to get him on loan again if im honest. so im hoping ruben jiminex cna live up to his wonderkid tag and fire me to glory as morientes star slowly fades.

pre season update will hit the forums tonight. keep your eyes peeled :D

good signings there mate, pernia is good for a season or 2, i got him for Deportivo as backup and doing well!
keep it up!

SEASON THREE

Pre Season:

Time for my second crack at Liga Adelante, and its not going to be easy, the 3 teams relegated from Spains top flight have been installed as favourites to go straight back up. Mallorca, Racing and the old enemy, Valladolid. Valladolid are considered the 'big boys' in the region of Castile and Leon, having spent most of their existence in the top flight. They are our fiercest rivals, despite the 2 clubs not meeting a competitive game for a while. I was excited at the prospect of a proper derby. Ponferradina was a good rivalry, but weve left them lagging in the depths of 2B1. La Cultu are hungry for success, and this early hurdle on that long road is a challenge im relishing.
I also expect a strong challenge to come from Osasuna, after their poor campaign last season, they wont want to be labelled underachievers again. Other than that i am quietly confident of a more succesful season.

The board requested once again that i fought bravely against relegation, and offered me no cash. I knew the finances were going down the swanny so i wasnt surprised. From the look of it ive got 2 seasons to get out of this division or the team will go into administration, save for a good cup run. The other offers from the board for various levels of success sat around the 500k mark, so i opted for top half finsih, hoping to cover my back if we dont finish as strongly as i hope.
View attachment 29326

The bookies still arent warming to this plucky team from Leon. Once again we were installed as strong contenders for the drop, title odds of 40-1 are worth a flutter surely?
View attachment 29322

My planned sqaud overhaul has been put on hold due to the lack of funds. There were far fewer free agents on the market than i expected too, which didnt help. Asking prices for my first choice targets were so high that i didnt even bother enquiring. The lemon was shipped out to Coventry for a tidy profit, despite showing much promise he never adapted to life in Leon. Aside form Pernia, who is just fantastic, im most pleased with Fernando Soriano, who is a good replacement for Matic, former Real Madrid and Zaragoza right back Carlos Diogo and of course the re-signing of Macheda on loan. And it seems the feelings mutual..... :D
View attachment 29334
View attachment 29339

Once again im proud that ive managed to operate in the transfer market without hurting the clubs finances. The 250k for back up goalie Colombi will hopefully prove a good investment. I expect a fierce battle for the number 1 jeresey between him and Martinez when Dudek hangs his gloves up.

My signings have largely been like for like replacements, so my tactics havent really changed. Heres how my injury hit squad lined up for the first game. This will not be first choice line up for the season and new players slotting into key areas like centre midfield was never going to be good for the fluency of the team. As a result we got spanked by a very good Mallorca side, who on first impression look too much of a class act for this league.
View attachment 29335

Next up was a dream draw for every true football fan. La Cultu v Valladolid in the 2nd round of the Spanish cup. Not only an early chance to prove myself agaisnt a title contender other than expected runaway winners Mallorca, but also to show these muppets from Valladolid that they wont be the number one club in Castile and Leon for long. The fans were relishing the chacne to finally face up to their fiercest rivals and the Reino Del Leon was sold out for the first time in a little while. As this is such a momentous moment in the clubs history ive decided to give you a full match report, not something i usually do, but i hope you enjoy.

La Cultu lined up with a pretty strong squad, but missing a few players due to injuries. I would have preffered to have the uber-composed Rapnik at centre back, but with no other recognised right backs fit, big unit Gale Agbossoumonde was given a chance to impress

GK Dudek
LB Pernia
CB Stjepic
CB Agbossoumonde
RB Rapnik
LM Achubi
CM Soley
CM Soriano
RM Weiss
AMC Rocamora (c)
ST Macheda

We started off shakily, Valladolid domianting possesion for the first 10 minutes, however the tried and tested La Cultu tactic of mopping up lots and lots of pressure and then hitting the opposition on the break began to work. Macheda had 3 clear cut chances after being put clean through by Rocamora, he fluffed them all. The Valladolid goalie is pretty good though....

Rodrigo Achubi got the breakthrough after great work from Pernia and Soriano, exchanging passes down the left before Achubi struck a sweet drive from the edge of ther area. 1-0 have some of that Valladolid, you mugs!

For the remaining time in the first half we withstood heavy pressure. At half time i reminded the lads of the importance of this match to the fans and they came out with renewed vigour. We pressed hard and created good chances but Macheda missed a couple more sitters. Myself and Rocamora were beginning to doubt that reloaning the lad was such a good idea. Rocamora began to ignore Macheda and go for glory himself, rattling the bar and forcing the Valladolid keeper into a couple of good saves. Unfortunately Agbossoumonde came out for the 2nd half with a bit too much vigour, his rash challenge resulted in a penalty on 52 minutes, lucky to only be yellow. Diego Costa buried it, 1-1.

More pressure from Valladolid followed by La Cultu counter, and i knew something had to give, my ageing squd members like Pernia were beginning to tire big time. Time for fresh legs, Macheda was hauled off and teenage hotshot and the apple of every La Cultu fans eye; Ruben Jimenez was sent on for only his 6th competitive appearance. What a time to make a name for yourself son.........

Extra time came and our defence continued to hold, then with 10 minutes left, little Ruben Jimenez made some space for himself on the edge of the area before turning and curling the ball into the top corner from 25 yards, 2-1, ******* majestic my son. The fans went wild, that had to be the winning goal with only 10 minutes left. This boy will surely go on to be a genuine La Cultu icon.

I dropped Cala back from midfield to centre back and played a 5-1-3-1 to hold out for the win. Pernia was knackered and my defence was creaking, but holding strong. Then disaster struck. Former Man Utd and Hull reject Manucho slotted home with the last kick of the game after outmuscling the exhausted Agbossoumonde.

Penalties. Time for heroes

I selected the following 5 men as penalty takers: (Jimenez is awful at penalties before you ask)

1. Rocamora
2. Stjepic
3. Achubi
4. Weiss
5. Pernia (selected him last as hes my best penalty taker and also my most experienced player)

View attachment 29331

Pernia missed when he had the chance to seal the win!!!! But no matter we came out victorious after a nail biting shootout, winning 7-6.

Valladolid? Who are they?
We're Leonesa and we're here to stay!
Rocamora! Pernia too!
The club from Leon just beat you!

probably wasnt the chant the fans sang, but its 1:30am and i couldnt come up with anything better.....

View attachment 29330
View attachment 29315

i write this just as the transfer window has closed and my sqaud has been finalised. I managed to offload Sylvinio and his 4.6k weekly wages at the last minute which will help club coffers no end. Ive been spanked by title faves Mallorca and also came out victorious over Valladolid in the battle of Castile and Leon. I sit bottom but i dont expect to stay there for long.
View attachment 29336
View attachment 29337

Mid season update to follow soon.

Viva La Cultu!

I say I enjoyed the Valladolid match report and I will welcome whenever you feel like giving us one :D, I like them.

I say I enjoyed the Valladolid match report and I will welcome whenever you feel like giving us one :D, I like them.

i dnt usually do them as most stories on here seem to give a report for every game, or at the very least a monthly update. it gets a bit much to read, and tbh i would get bored writing them all. i much prefer my pre season, mid season and end of season updates.

maybe ill just do it for the valladolid games, or huge games like cup finals etc.

mid season report due tommorow. ^^)

Last edited:
how's the things going with "la cultu" ?
Cheers
btw.... it;s the first fm story i read and it;s incredible...good work and keep it up !!
I enjoy seeing managers with skill like you...i'm just not such a good one to take control of a team like that:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice signings mate, good signing in Pernia, him missing a penalty is un heard of to me though :O

cheers lads. been a bit busy this weekend. should be able to post the midseason update 2moro <)

lol, im enjoying reading this...as i said the first time i messaged you, i've never really played as the big teams...its too easy to have millions at ur disposal and chuck it at the top players...being at small clubs, unearthing those gems, and building your team up, is much more rewarding...i got so into playing as racing besancon, in the lower french leagues on CM, that i started to follow their results for real, and watch highlights of the games on one of their sites...i even joined their group on facebook lol

i'll be interested to read more of this and see how you get on

cheers leboeuf. yeah LLM is much more rewarding imo.

having recently been made a mod ive been rather busy lately.......

but im playing the file right now and should ahve some updates soon!

Just saw this story, and read through it. Will be following with great interest!

Valladolid? Who are they?
We're Leonesa and we're here to stay!
Rocamora! Pernia too!
The club from Leon just beat you!

Nice song! :D

Mid-Season Update:

First of all apologies for my poor spelling/the shortness of this update, but i do have a slight issue with typing at the moment:

broke my hand playing football XD

Anyway, La Cultu are struggling to say the least. We sit 14th on 27 points, a sobering 20 points off the promotion places. We got off to a great start and after 5 games we were in 3rd place. Then disaster struck; Rocamora and Macheda suffered quite bad injuries and were out for around 8 weeks each. We struggled without the inspirational Rocamora leading the counter attack and the consistent Macheda slotting the goals. Ruben Jimenez, Angel and Morientes all got the opportunity to impress but none of them set the world alight. Ruben is obviously still a baby and Angel is only 22 so im not too worried. There have been no surprises in the league, the larger sides who were predicited to contest the title are doing just that, Mallaorca unsurpsingly sit top, with Malaga, Osasuna and Racing close behind.
View attachment 32408
View attachment 32409
View attachment 32415

Im really disgusted with our goals against column. Although injuries to Dudek have meant ive turned to the inexperienced Colombi, who has impressed somewhat, but we are still leaking goals. Macheda is top scorer in the league (16 goals) with an average of over 1 goal per game. Rocamora has 13 goals and 13 assists from 20 starts, their fantastic efforts are the only reason why we are not in real trouble. Pleasingly Macheda also has the highest match rating in the division. Im not worried about going down as im nealy 10 points above the drop zone, and Ferrol and Ecija are already down with 6 points apiece. Ive been linked to a number of jobs in Liga BBVA but have denied all specualtion, which has pleased the board and fans. My USA experiment has yielded fruit, a couple of promising regens have caught my eye and ive just signed utility man Brek Shea, who after a couple of months of position training will provide cover in every position on the pitch except GK!
View attachment 32417
View attachment 32418

Pernia has been a great signing, contributing with a number of vital goals from free kicks and wonderful supply from corners too. Im concerned by Dudeks fitness, hes been injured for a good chunk of the season, his first injury coming in the first ten minutes against bottom placed Ecija, leaving me in a pickle as i never name a goalie on the bench.... I stuck rapnik in goal and went all out attack hoping to outscore the divisions whipping boys. A thrilling match saw us win 6-5 with a last minute strike from Rocamora to complete his hat-trick!
View attachment 32419

Im considering changing my tactics due to the poor results, but for the moment they are pretty similar, aside from giving Pernia more attacking freedom. This is probably my strongest team on current form
View attachment 32420

Here are my transfers in January, aside from Shea there is only one other acquisition, a player for my u19 team. Ive goten rid of the unsettled Hugo who was probably my 5th choice CB. Ive also sent promising full back Dani Santos on loan to get regular football in the 2B Divisions.
View attachment 32422

Ruben Jimenez is looking like he will become a top player, im concerned that him and my other young whizzkids; Stjepic, Rapnik and Colombi may be hard to keep hold of if La Cultu continue to underperform. I really need to find some talent this summer as my central midfield is still very makeshift. Ive got no chance of promotion this time around, so next season needs to be a big one, hopefully the lads can step up to the plate. Heres hows Ruben Jimenez is progressing
View attachment 32424

End of season obituary to be posted as soon as my hand feels like it :)

Viva La Cultu!

Last edited:
Well in Jake, shame about the League position but I am sure results will pick up, Rocomora looks amazing along with Jiminez who will be a future star.

Well in Jake, shame about the League position but I am sure results will pick up, Rocomora looks amazing along with Jiminez who will be a future star.

cheers mate, i think the best i can hope for is a top 10 finish. Rocamora is not a very good player in terms of stats, and hes not too consistent, but he scores so many goals i just havent looked for another string pulling AMC, if i make the big time then i may need to replace him, but it may be difficult as hes synonymous with the club now. I think my chances of keeping Jimenez are looking up, im on his favoured personnel list and Leonesa are his favourite club! :D

Just make sure he signs those contracts, any clubs sniffing around him?

Just make sure he signs those contracts, any clubs sniffing around him?

valnecia had a little sniff. i told them to **** right off. hes signed up till 2016 with 70mill release clause. :D

thats not to say the chairman wont accept a bid on my behalf though.....

man united were looking at rapnik but ever since i made him vice captain hes become cultural through and through

edit: disaster almost struck just now, the board accepted a bid from Getafe for Rapnik, but i offered him a new contract and he accepted :D

Status
Not open for further replies.