• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 70
  • Views Views 3K
Status
Not open for further replies.

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
Former Liverpool manager Kenny Dalglish says he hopes striker Fernando Torres will commit his future to the club.

More...

Has there still not been complete clarification? One week, I was informed that Hodgson had flown out to speak to Torres directly, and now suddenly nobody has heard from him.

What do the Liverpool fans think about the situation? Gerrard has pledged himself, Torres seems to be distant and Mascherano is AWOL.

I've conceeded we're going to lose Mascherano tbh. Still think Torres will stay.

Mascherano's leaving, that's a given. If Torres isn't commited, he needs to tell someone so we can get him out, and get a replacement as soon as possible. But I think he'll stay, that's just an in case

Torres just seems to be ****** off at the way the club is being run and I wouldn't blame him for leaving if he does choose to. He came to Liverpool to compete, now there is no chance of that.

Torres just seems to be ****** off at the way the club is being run and I wouldn't blame him for leaving if he does choose to. He came to Liverpool to compete, now there is no chance of that.

That seems to be where the articles are pointing to. Of course it could all be paper-talk and he might have been planning to contact Hodgson tomorrow for all we know.

That's wishful thinking obviously, but I'm not really sure where Torres would go if he left the club. I doubt Liverpool would sell for any less than the reported £50 million they seem to be looking at, and I believe the interest from Chelsea has cooled.

Just thought I'd add this interesting acticle. - HODGSON: TORRES HAS BEEF WITH CLUB

Ouch at the comments on that article, I'm glad the FMB members haven't reached those levels yet...

"Torres - get rid of him and Mash. Get rid of both of them. Along with Ngog. Lucas and Babel. Get rid of all them. 60 million for Torres. 30 Million for Mash. 5 million for Lucas. 8-10 million for Babel. Chuck Ngog in the Mersey - don't even bother to sell him, he's rubbish. Use the 100 million to get 10 players at an average of 10 million each. And start playing DANNY PACHEO up front in the first team!!! It's long over due. He's the best young player at the club - time to let him of his leash. Go Danny. "

XD N'Gog was by far the best youngster in the squad, he dominated when he played for the reserves and even managed to take all the spotlight from Pachecho (when he was actually there).

Ouch at the comments on that article, I'm glad the FMB members haven't reached those levels yet...

"Torres - get rid of him and Mash. Get rid of both of them. Along with Ngog. Lucas and Babel. Get rid of all them. 60 million for Torres. 30 Million for Mash. 5 million for Lucas. 8-10 million for Babel. Chuck Ngog in the Mersey - don't even bother to sell him, he's rubbish. Use the 100 million to get 10 players at an average of 10 million each. And start playing DANNY PACHEO up front in the first team!!! It's long over due. He's the best young player at the club - time to let him of his leash. Go Danny. "

XD N'Gog was by far the best youngster in the squad, he dominated when he played for the reserves and even managed to take all the spotlight from Pachecho (when he was actually there).

I can understand his viewpoint on getting rid of both Mascherano and Torres personally. Mascherano would fetch a decent sum of money, and seems extremely reluctant to remain a Liverpool player. Torres is less resigned to leaving, but is still distant and I think a team like Liverpool, which is short of striking options, needs a main forward without the current injury/form problems that he is suffering from. Though I looked at Torres' record with At. Madrid and he didn't suffer from any of these issues. What are the medical team at Liverpool doing to him? <)

Though I think it's rather ambitious to aim for £60 million for Torres in his current state. Regardless of what he is capable of doing, currently he is not worth this amount.

As for getting rid of N'Gog, that is just stupid. Liverpool cannot afford to drop potential Premiership talent at the moment, especially for nothing, and his record isn't terrible. I'd be more than willing to keep utilising him in a back-up role with an eye for a starting role in 1-2 years, depending on progress.

I'm still undecided on Babel and Lucas. Sometimes they impress me, Lucas more often than Babel, but sometimes they put me off watching Liverpool as a team.

I have always believed Torres would give us one more year at least. Lets not forget his midas goalscoring touch was only properly found when he was at Liverpool. He owes us for the stage we have given him. He did always have the talent but Benitez + Liverpool brought it out fully.

Years Team Apps† (Gls)†
2001–2007 Atlético Madrid 214 (82)
2007– Liverpool 79 (56)

I think Torres will stay, as soon enough we could get new owners.. I think we need to ask him for a recommended signing that would make him stay. I reckon he would say Aguero, a bit out of our price range but if we sold mascherano i dont see why not!!

Yeah completely agree with you on that, the guy has gone a bit over the top although in a way he makes sense, if players don't want to be here at Anfield then they should leave, we can make huge profits on what we initially paid for them so I guess maybe it's time for a few of Benitez's players to move on.

Fortunately this guy makes sense "Not sure how much we can read into these comments. However if they are right then it sounds like El Nino wants to leave. And if he wants to leave then so be it, he will be a massive loss but nobody is bigger than the club. Again having said all that its a bit premature to be waving goodbye. Hes a fantastic player and I hope he stays, and I'll be very surprised if he isnt a Liverpool player come start of the season." I think he's pretty much summed it up, if it true then Torres should go as we need to rid as much negativity within the camp as possible, hence why Hodgson was brought in, however he is on his day our best player, so if the reports are false there is no point getting worked up over it. It's just whether we believe the reports or not? :S

I can understand his viewpoint on getting rid of both Mascherano and Torres personally. Mascherano would fetch a decent sum of money, and seems extremely reluctant to remain a Liverpool player. Torres is less resigned to leaving, but is still distant and I think a team like Liverpool, which is short of striking options, needs a main forward without the current injury/form problems that he is suffering from. Though I looked at Torres' record with At. Madrid and he didn't suffer from any of these issues. What are the medical team at Liverpool doing to him? <)

Though I think it's rather ambitious to aim for £60 million for Torres in his current state. Regardless of what he is capable of doing, currently he is not worth this amount.

As for getting rid of N'Gog, that is just stupid. Liverpool cannot afford to drop potential Premiership talent at the moment, especially for nothing, and his record isn't terrible. I'd be more than willing to keep utilising him in a back-up role with an eye for a starting role in 1-2 years, depending on progress.

I'm still undecided on Babel and Lucas. Sometimes they impress me, Lucas more often than Babel, but sometimes they put me off watching Liverpool as a team.

Liverpool are not doing anything to him. The Premiership defenders have clocked on to the fact that he can't handle being kicked, and as thus only Vidic has been punished for continually fouling Torres

He needs more protection from refs on the international stage too. (Where he picks up most of his injuries)

Liverpool are not doing anything to him. The Premiership defenders have clocked on to the fact that he can't handle being kicked, and as thus only Vidic has been punished for continually fouling Torres

He needs more protection from refs on the international stage too. (Where he picks up most of his injuries)
That's true. When you can't stop him, hit him. Not a very good footballing atitude

I don't think it would come as a suprise to anyone if Torres left. I wouldn't be too bothered about it if I was a Liverpool fan either. He is far to injury prone.

That comment was made tongue-in-cheek.

The reason for his injuries in the Premiership vs. La Liga is the different in psychicality. It's the only understandable reason for it really.

That comment was made tongue-in-cheek.

The reason for his injuries in the Premiership vs. La Liga is the different in psychicality. It's the only understandable reason for it really.

Maybe so but it hit my 'Red-L Nerve' so I felt obliged to answer your tongue-in-cheek question.

I don't think it would come as a suprise to anyone if Torres left. I wouldn't be too bothered about it if I was a Liverpool fan either. He is far to injury prone.
yet he scores 56 goals in 79 games, i think any fan would be disappointed to lose a player of that standard, realistically they wont be able to replace torres with someone as good but add more depth to there team and get a decent player in for torres (huntlar(sp) or remy) there defence really needs to be strengthened if they are to challenge the top four.

I think Torres will stay, as soon enough we could get new owners.. I think we need to ask him for a recommended signing that would make him stay. I reckon he would say Aguero, a bit out of our price range but if we sold mascherano i dont see why not!!

It's problematic wether new owners will be in before the transfer deadline, which means he'll want to do an offski in rhe next month. If Nando's not happy at Anfield then he should tell the 'hirearchy' & give us time to get a replacement in ( likewise with Mascha ).

Rafa wasted a great deal of last season's summer transfer window trying to convince Xabi to stay & the result was the panic-buy called Aquilani. This 'wait & see' policy by Roy Hodgson & Purslow may well cost us dear again & also could be viewed in many quarters as a sign of weakness on their part.

Like him or loathe him ( the latter ), I could not imagine Ferguson remaining on the back foot in this situation - he'd put the proverbial boot up both players collective backsides.

The adage that ' No-one is bigger than the club ' is being made a nonsense of here. I think fans of the players are becoming rapidly disillusioned with their ( espescially Mascha's ) ongoing silence on their futures at LFC.

V frustrating & annoying. (H)

Although let's not forget the last injury he picked up was from running, not from being kicked, at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back