Dalglish expects Torres to stay

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 70
  • Views Views 3K
Status
Not open for further replies.
Although let's not forget the last injury he picked up was from running, not from being kicked, at all.

He was rushed back into action by the Spanish National team when they could have won it without him.

Gerrard was never going. Masch will definately go if inter sell balotelli to city, as benitez needs that money to buy masch. As for torres, I think he'll stay. Who would he go to? we'd ask between 50-70m, of the teams that can afford that: chelsea, have drogba and i doubt we'd sell torres to a rival. city have a billion strikers already. barca don't need him, and nor do madrid.

Rafa wasted a great deal of last season's summer transfer window trying to convince Xabi to stay & the result was the panic-buy called Aquilani.
Which is funny considering him treating alonso like **** after he went to be at the birth of his child was the reason for him wanting out. And are you speaking of aquaman as a bad panic buy? The guy is immense, you can tell the quality he has. He and gerrard tore apart athletico madrid's midfield between them, I still don't know how we didn't get 3+ goals that game.

But anyway, what can you expect him to do when rafa never gave him any game time? ****** me off the stick the guy gets before he was even given a chance (and that wasn't aimed at you, just in general).

Last edited:
If Torres wants to leave, let him go. But if he genuinely wants to stay, which I hope is the case, then get him on a new deal.

Interesting question ; Who does everyone think would replace Torres?
That's the problem. If we got atleast 50m for torres we could get a world class replacement, such as aquerro. But until we get back into the champs league again, none of them would come. And I can't see us making it this season.

EDIT: (post above) ah yeah, huntleaar would be good. But again we'd only have 1 truly good striker if he replaced torres.

You wouldn't be able to replace Torres with a like-for-like replacement, at least not one of his calibre.

I imagine Remy will come in, backed by N'Gog as backup/partner and you can use the funds from the sale (however much the owners don't take for their own) and invest into other areas of the squad where you feel need strengthening.

Liverpool currently have a very weak bench, and when injuries to key players like Torres happen, there isn't the strength in depth to cope.

Interesting question ; Who does everyone think would replace Torres?

No-one can replace.

But someone English I'd imagine giving his recent transfers, and his side at Fulham. Maybe Gabby Agbonglahor or someone along those lines.

Let's just hope he stays.

Silently praying that he stays. Masch will go though.

On the masch thing, I'd love a straight swap with cambiasso. What do people think?

that would be a bad deal cambiasso is on par with masch imo but he is alot older

On the masch thing, I'd love a straight swap with cambiasso. What do people think?

Not a straight swap, surely - Mascha's still young & will get even better - Cambiasso has peaked. Still a decent replacement, though - if he'll come !

**** no, maybe if we got Cambiasso and 20 million, or something like that. But still I think there's better options out there

I don't see the whole fuss over Rodallega, every time I see him, he's not very good. Just seems to run down the sides. While I'm not sure if Huntelaar could cut it in England

Tbh if anyone can cut it in England it's Huntelaar, Dutch players are great in England :)

Not a massive fan of Rodallega but I have a feeling we will sign him.

Doesn't matter - no-one of Cambiasso's standard will want to join us at the minute. Need Masch to show some committment and help out Liverpool, who evidently kick started his career. I think he should gove it one more season and see what we can do.

Although it does look unlikely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back