Great story m8! looking forward to read more!

View attachment 194537

View attachment 194535
1st Round

We start our cup run with a tricky away to Northampton.

View attachment 194533View attachment 194534
I decided to give a few of the backup players a run in the cup in order to get some precious game time, as the league will be reserved for the strongest 11.

This meant that Kilgallon came in at centre back and youth talent Tomlinson got a run out on the right wing.

View attachment 194532
Guthrie put us in the driving seat with a well taken penalty on the 32nd minute.

View attachment 194529

Delfounso got onto the end of a great pass by Guthrie to slot home his first cup goal of the season..hopefully a few more will follow this one.

View attachment 194531 View attachment 194530

Our unbeaten run continues..even if it is just for 2 games!

Blackburn MOTM

Danny Guthrie

View attachment 194528

Great composure to score from the spot along with fantastic vision to pick out a pass for Delfouneso to score from.

View attachment 194527
View attachment 194526
League Game 2

Huddersfield were up next, they have a strong squad with the likes of Wells and Vaughan but I'm confident in the lads to pull this one off.

View attachment 194524View attachment 194525

It was back to my strongest 11 with our Captain Hanley coming back into the side along with right winger Marshall.

We stick to our guns with our 4-4-2 formation and hope to hit Huddersfield on the counter attack!

View attachment 194523
3 Goals in 4 minutes!!

Delfouneso opens the scoring with a powerful shot a few yards from goal to beat a helpless Paul Robinson in nets. Fantastic cross from full back Henley; that's 2 assists in 2 league games.

View attachment 194522View attachment 194521

Delfouneso then scored just a 3 minutes later with a well placed header..with the other full back Olsson getting in on the fun, providing the cross.

View attachment 194518View attachment 194519

Grant Hanley was then unlucky to head the ball into his own net... 2-1!!

We played extremely defensive in the second half, counter attacking when possible.

Ended 2-1, a result I am pleased with!

Blackburn MOTM

Nathan Delfouneso

View attachment 194520
2 goals to his name helped us win a tricky game today!

I must admit I am starting feel more and more confident about him.​

View attachment 194338
View attachment 194337
League Game 3

Next up were Cardiff, who after getting relegated from the premier league, failed to get promoted first time last season. In saying that, they are a strong side and I would take a draw at the least but hoping for a win.

View attachment 194335View attachment 194336
We once again go with our strongest team!
Only 2 weeks until Rhodes is back in the team!

View attachment 194334
Clean sheet and a win!

Delfouneso on the scoresheet for the 3rd game in a row, 3 goals now in the league. Great pass across goal by our make-shift striker O'Sullivan!

View attachment 194333 View attachment 194332

Olsson put the game to bed with a powerful close range header thanks to a lobbed ball from Marshall.

View attachment 194331 View attachment 194330

That makes it 2 wins and a draw in the league to keep our run going strong.

Blackburn MOTM
Markus Olsson

View attachment 194329
Scored a beauty today to kill off the game! Made multiple key tackles to ensure we kept a clean sheet.

View attachment 194328
View attachment 194327
League Game 4

Brighton are next in line for us, this fixture is made even tougher with it being away!

Hoping Delfouneso can keep his goalscoring run alive.

View attachment 194325View attachment 194326
We keep the same team as the previous match, O'sullivan has been playing well beside Delfouneso..but I'd feel more comfortable if we had Rhodes back from injury.

View attachment 194324
1 - nil..I'll take that!

We left it late to get anything from the game. Marshall made an amazing solo run into the box before firing in at the near post to give us the 3 points.

View attachment 194323

We go top of the Championship for now!!

Blackburn MOTM
Ben Marshall

View attachment 194322

Who else could it be!

He was in great form today and had the confidence to take the ball around 2 defenders before scoring, providing us with the 3 points.​

View attachment 194321
View attachment 194320
Round 2

Pleased with this draw as it could have been a lot tougher. Although, we do need to concentrate and do our jobs here today!

View attachment 194318View attachment 194319
As it is the cup, I made quite a few changes..

Our 2 main centre backs made way for Lenihan and Kilgallon.

Nyambe(talented youth) came in for Henley at right back.

Tomlinson(talented youth) started in place of Marshall.

Lastly, Akpan played in place of Lowe.

View attachment 194317
Saved by an OWN GOAL!

We just about scraped over the line with this one.

Delfouneso scored again after O'Sullivan tumbled in the box with the ball.

View attachment 194316
Fellow Irishman Stephen Hunt scored a penalty to level the game.

The game was settled with the last kick of the game, an own goal...harsh but sometimes you get lucky.

Blackburn MOTM
Delfouneso

View attachment 194315
Scored a well taken poacher's effort to continue his fine form of late.

He has had to handle the bulk of the goal scoring responsibility in the absence of the injured Rhodes..and he has done that with ease! 5 goals to his name already this season.

View attachment 194310
View attachment 194309
Rhodes is back in training and available for selection!

The physios advise no more than 45 minutes of action..need to slowly build up the match fitness.

Can we afford to wait that long?? We need him.

View attachment 194289
Evans also returns from injury, he can slowly introduced to the squad as backup Lowe is playing well for us, there is no immediate rush.

Last edited:
View attachment 194314
View attachment 194313
League game 5

Bolton, a former premiership team who haven fallen to the championship inwhich they have never really recovered. I am expecting a win here today. Confidence is high.

View attachment 194311View attachment 194312
Rhodes returns from injury! Although not fully fit, we need to give him game time to build up the match sharpness. 45 mins should be more than enough for now.

View attachment 194308
Back with a bang!! Rhodes opens his account with a brace. I ended up keeping him on for 60 minutes, he didn't seem fatigued and wanted to stay on.

Rhodes 1st goal was a low hit strike after a neat cross from Henley! Definitely doesn't seem rusty, that's for sure.

View attachment 194307View attachment 194306

Henley crossed a second one in for Rhodes who tucked it away with a close range header!

View attachment 194304 View attachment 194303

WELCOME BACK RHODES!!
View attachment 194305

Delfouneso and Marshall also got on the scoresheet!

Blackburn MOTM
Jordan Rhodes

View attachment 194302

Returns from injury to score a brace!

I cant help but feel confident in our promotion chances this season (if we keep up this goalscoring form), yet I will take it one match at a time.

View attachment 194288

I'm not too proud of this deal as it meant selling off a promising youth player in order to ease financial pressure.

View attachment 194287
£400k will bring our total raised to £1.4 million.

Mahoney plays on the right wing and I already have a back youth player in Tomlinson..so Mahoney was unlikely to get much game time.

I'm sure when he goes on to be a star I'll regret it but unfortunately I dont have the luxury to think of the future; we are in financial trouble and need funds now..in the present.

View attachment 194282

View attachment 194281
I decided to terminate the contract of Chris Brown. He was due to be out for the next 5 months along with the fact that when he did eventually get fit again I would have no use for him.

The contract termination made totaled a fraction of his wages where he to stay until the end of his contract.

Last edited:
View attachment 194301
August Review

We remain unbeaten since the start of the season, long may that continue!

View attachment 194300

Championship Table
View attachment 194299

We end the month top of the table with 4 wins and 1 draw. As expected Hull and Q.P.R are close behind after recovering from a slow start to the season.

Blackburn Statistics

View attachment 194296

Player Screen

Delfouneso leads the way, in the scoring charts, with 6 goals. 4 in the league and 2 in the cup.

View attachment 194293 View attachment 194290

Player screen

Henley, our right back, has been in inspiring form this season, managing to rack up 4 assists so far in the league. He also holds the highest avg rating this season for us.

1st Team Overview
View attachment 194267

Injury Table
View attachment 194283
Taylor is our only player out injured at the moment. He mostly likely wont fit into the current side anyway so it isn't too much of a loss.

Finances
View attachment 194285
As you can see we are still losing money each month, even with those 2 player sales we still ended up -£1.1 million.

View attachment 194284
Still no sign of a transfer budget...we have some wages to play with but these most be used, first and foremost, on renewing our most promising player's contracts.

Awards

View attachment 194280
Proud moment for myself and the team as I picked up the MOTM award for August.

View attachment 194279
Henley scooped POTM thanks to his 4 assists this month.

Last edited:
Okay how you can play with poacher and AF? Well seems working well tough

Okay how you can play with poacher and AF? Well seems working well tough

It was something I was experimenting with for the first couple games. Using a TM/Poacher combo will be my main go to.

Incredible start despite all of the problems, the TV money for next year could go a long way to helping the financial state of the club if you can stay in the promotion places

Who needs money when you've got the Duff!? Great start mate, KIU!