Sensational start mate, keep it up!

Much appreciated dude! Loving your Southampton story also.

Incredible start despite all of the problems, the TV money for next year could go a long way to helping the financial state of the club if you can stay in the promotion places

Yeah that's a good point! :) Long may the good results continue.

Who needs money when you've got the Duff!? Great start mate, KIU!

INB4 5 losses in a row... Haha

Cheers for reading/following guys!

View attachment 193981

View attachment 193980
League Game 6

We kick off September with an away fixture at Fulham!

View attachment 193966View attachment 193967
I was concerned about the threat that both Ross McCormack and Cauley Woodrow bring with them. We will need to be on point with our defending to get anything from this game.

View attachment 193965
Rhodes at it again!

Rhodes openings the scoring in the 3rd minute with a close range bullet header, Marshall assisted with the cross.

View attachment 193964 View attachment 193963

Fulham equalised shortly after to level the game.

Delfouneso didn't let that lie for long, he got on the end of a through ball by Marshall before running into the box and rounding the keeper.

View attachment 193962 View attachment 193961 View attachment 193960

Just before half time Rhodes scored another to put the game to bed 3-1!

Blackburn MOTM
Ben Marshall

View attachment 193958
Although Rhodes scored a brace, it was Marshall who created 2 to put us in the lead.

View attachment 193956
View attachment 193955
Our starting playmaker has been ruled out for 2 weeks after twisting his knee during the Fulham game.

This is a big loss for as he has been playing really well, not assisting many(due to my tactics) but has started a lot of the attacks that have lead to goals.

View attachment 193953
View attachment 193954
Delfouneso has been in inspiring form for us this season with 5 goals and 1 assist in 6 league games.

His contract was due to expire at the end of the season but after seeing the form he was in and what he was capable of, I moved quick to trigger the 1 year extension.

View attachment 193949
View attachment 193948
League Game 7

Q.P.R up next!

Deffinitely a tough game, they have some fantastic talent in the squad with the likes of Charlie Austin, Leroy Fer and
Matt Phillips.

View attachment 193946View attachment 193947

We were without our playemaker, Danny Guthrie, this game, meaning Evans who isn't fully fit had to start a game for us, which was less than ideal.

View attachment 193944
First loss of my managerial career and it comes at the hands of Q.P.R.

Matt Phillips scored a great solo goals just before half time. Afterwards, we just couldn't cope.

The lack of options in the midfield was frustrating..it meant we had to stick with 4-4-2 and could drop a striker in favour of more men in the middle.

Blackburn MOTM
Grant Hanley

View attachment 193941
Central defender and Captain, Hanley, prevented the scoreline being any worse with some fantastic tackling.

View attachment 193935
View attachment 193934
Our Captain, Hanley, has been suspended for the next game against Charlton. A big loss to the side as he is our best central defender.

I must say, this is quite worrying...my team seems to pick up quite a few yellow cards each game so it wont be long until others are missing games due to suspension. This could harm our promotion run if this gets out of hand.

Nowhere in my tactics do I tell my players to 'get stuck in'...but maybe I'll need them to stay on there feet at all times to reduce this. The downside to this being that we may concede a few more but result in less bookings.

View attachment 193939

View attachment 193938
League Game 8

After the defeat at Q.P.R, the lads and myself were keen to put that behind us and push off on the front foot again.

View attachment 193936View attachment 193937
As you can see, once again Guthrie is left out, hopefully he will be fit for the next game!

Grant Hanley has also been suspended due to picking up 5 yellow cards, meaning Kilgallon has come on in his place.

View attachment 193919
We stumble again but thankfully limited the damage with an equalizer on the brink of half time.

Conway scored a screamer with a beautiful curling shot from outside the box to silence the away fans!

View attachment 193915
Disappointing to have faltered again but I have faith in the lads to get back on track.

Nice to see only a single yellow card for us!

Blackburn MOTM
Craig Conway

View attachment 193909

Conway scored an absolute peach to level the game! Without him we would have recorded a second straight defeat.

View attachment 193853
View attachment 193851
Round 3

This is a nervy one! We are at home to Chelsea. After playing for Chelsea and winning silverware with them, it would be interesting coming up against Mourinho as a manager.

Home advantage or not this is a near impossible task.

View attachment 193849View attachment 193850
We set up defensive with counterattacking and hoped to catch them on the break.

Unfortunately Guthrie didn't pass his fitness test so Evans and Lowe sit in the middle today.

View attachment 193848
Whao!

Last few minutes oft he game and Rhodes crosses the ball into the path of Delfouneso who makes no mistake putting it away!

View attachment 193847 View attachment 193846

Cant believe it but we manage to secure a win over the gaints Chelsea!!

Extremely proud of the Lads.

Blackburn MOTM

Jason Steele

View attachment 193845

Steele was unbeatable today. Saving multiple clear cut chances from Costa and Hazard.

View attachment 193844
View attachment 193843
League Game 9

The lads are buzzing after their win against Chelsea in the cup.

We need to concentrate and be prepared to face a tough automatic promotion contender in Hull.

View attachment 193841View attachment 193842
Rhodes is rested as he has played a lot of football since coming back from injury; he hasn't had the privilege of being slowly introduced to the 1st team.

Kolta starts up front along side Delfouneso.

View attachment 193840
6 goal thriller!

We went 2-0 down by half time thanks to some silly defensive mistakes.

Kolta failed to make much of an impression and I was forced to bring on Rhodes when I'd have preferred to rested him..

It was business as usual with Rhodes scoring a hat-trick to save us from an unlucky defeat.

His final goal, similar to the rest was a cracker. Marshall crossed it in before Rhodes muscled his way past 2 defenders and volleying the ball home.

View attachment 193839 View attachment 193838

Disappointing to concede 3 goals ...another draw means we have not won in the Championship in 4 games...

Blackburn MOTM
Jordan Rhodes

View attachment 193837

Couldn't give it to anyone else. He came on second half and scored a hat-trick...well deserved.

What a result against Chelsea! And Rhodes hasn't missed a beat since returning!

Great result against Chelsea. Been a great read so far, I'm looking forward to more.

View attachment 193355
September Review

We suffer our first loss of the season this month at the hands of Q.P.R.

Highlight of the month had to be beating Chelsea in the 3rd round of the Capital One Cup.

View attachment 193354

Championship Table
View attachment 193352
We drop to 2nd in the Championship after a disappointing month, resulting in 1 win, 2 draws and 1 loss in 4 games.

Blackburn Statistics

View attachment 193350Player Screen
Delfouneso continues to lead the way in goals this season. He has scored 5 in the league and 3 in the cup.

View attachment 193341Player Profile

Ben Marshall has really picked up the pace this month to now match Henley in the most assists. Henley continues to impress from right back.

View attachment 193346Player screen
Jordan Rhodes came back from injury this month and has been in scintillating form, recording 7 league goals in only 4 starts and 1 sub appearance.

1st Team Overview
View attachment 193334

Injury Table
View attachment 193318Great to have Guthrie back from injury! Hopefully he can help steady the ship after a few disappointing results.

View attachment 193332Great news that we have nobody out injured at the moment!

Finances
View attachment 193328
We are still losing money each month...this amount wouldn't worry most clubs but the fact that we are under a transfer embargo, it is not ideal!

Awards
Disappointing month for us as we didn't perform as well as we could have in the league, meaning nobody from the club made the top 3 in the awards.

Last edited:
View attachment 191151
View attachment 191150
League Game 10

We kick off October with with a home trip to Ipswich, hoping to get our championship form back on track.

Due to our poor September results we have slipped to 2nd in the table, this must be corrected.

View attachment 191148View attachment 191149
With Guthrie still to regain full fitness after his injury, Lowe and Evans once again make up the middle of the park.

Kolta also plays in place of a tired Rhodes.

View attachment 191147
Amazing!

Kolta manages to grab us a goal just before the end of the first half...before Delfouneso finished off the game with a smart finish!

Kolta's goal was what did it for us today! Conway with a great cross before Kolta smashed the ball home from close range.

View attachment 191146
Great result, hopefully this is the game that gets us back to winning ways.

BlackBurn MOTM
Kolta

View attachment 191143

Even with lack of playing time, Kolta steps us to give us a goal when we really needed it!

View attachment 191130
View attachment 191128
League Game 11

After the win against Ipswich, the guys are confident of keeping this run going.

View attachment 191126View attachment 191127
Guthrie returns to the fold with Rowe dropping to the bench.

Rhodes also returns to the starting line-up.

View attachment 191125

We leave it late but get the all important win.

Hanley opens his account for the season with a cracking header, thanks to a corner taken by Conway.

View attachment 191124 View attachment 191123

Delfouneso, for the second game in a row, puts the game to bed with the second of the game.

Hoping we can extend this winning streak!

Blackburn MOTM
Grant Hanley

View attachment 191121
Captain and starting centre back, Hanley scored from a corner to put us on the front foot in the game.

He has been a rock at the back for us so far this season...the only negative is his habit of diving into tackles and giving away dangerous free-kicks.

View attachment 191118
View attachment 191117
League Game 12

Derby are a tough team, we need to be solid at the back to keep Darren Bent at bay.

View attachment 191114View attachment 191115
We go with our strongest team! Hoping to get a goal or two from either Delfouneso or Rhodes.

View attachment 191113
BOOM!

After falling behind to none other than Bent, we show fantastic spirit to come back quickly and go on to win the game.

Rhodes with a hat-trick, he is far too good for this division!

It was Delfouneso's goal that was the turning point...equalising quickly before the end of the first half. Rhodes with a pass into the path the on running Delfouneso who rounded the keeper before slotting home.

View attachment 191108 View attachment 191107

3/3 in the league this month...what a change to last month.

Blackburn MOTM
Jordan Rhodes

View attachment 191105
He score a hat-trick today along with grabbing an assist.

He is a goal machine.

View attachment 191103

View attachment 191102
League Game 13

Can we make it 4/4 in the league this month!?

View attachment 191099View attachment 191098
Steele still out injured, Raya continues in goal.
I select our strongest team.

View attachment 191096
Rhodes just cant stop scoring!! Machine!!

Carbon copy of Delfouneso's first goal last week; Delfouneso this time turns provider by passing into the path of Rhodes before he rounds the keeper.

View attachment 191095 View attachment 191094
Marshall and Hanley score also to make it an entertaining game for the Blackburn fans.

Rhodes scores a brace, topping the goal charts!

Blackburn MOTM
Jordan Rhodes

View attachment 191092

Rhodes scores a brace this week on top of his hat-trick last week to take the man of the match award for the second game in a row!

Last edited: