Dan's Attacking Dynamo

• Thread starter Thread starter Dan
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 132
  • Views Views 22K

Dan

I'm back!!!!!
Reaction score
Hi, I am Dan and this is the first tactic that I have ever made that I believe is good enough to upload to the site and to share with you guys :). Please check out my story with West Ham and how my tactic did in the last season in that story. That is the Beta (first edition of the tactic). With help from many testers, mostly jhopper89, I have developed this into two seperate tactics, the V1: Attacking and the V2: Control.

V1: Attacking

Here are some screenshots:

View attachment 62827 View attachment 62828

Pitch size

I recommend that you use the smallest pitch size possible, as it is quite a narrow tactic and there is no real need for the wings.

Instructions

As you can see, the starting mentality is set to Attacking. I believe that this tactic should be used against teams that you are expected to beat, home or away. The rest of the instructions are the same on both tactics.

Touchline Shouts

I use touchline shouts quite a lot and it argueably does affect your results. If I am behind, for example, I change my strategy to Overload and Shout Get Ball Forward, Pump Ball Into Box and Occasionally Push Higher Up. I also do this if we are drawing at home against a weaker team. However if we are winning and we are near the end, I change the strategy to contain and Shout Drop Deeper and Play Even Safer which often helps hold onto one goal leads.

V2: Control

Here are some Screenshots:

View attachment 62836 View attachment 62837

Like I have said before, the V1 and V2 tactics are pretty much identical but with two key differences. The V2 Control contains two Box to Box midfielders in the middle of the park rather than the Advanced Playmakers which are preferred in the V1. The other difference is that the mentality is set to Control and whilst this is not a defensive tactic it seems to hold a lot stronger against bigger teams. This tactic is recommended to be used against sides that are favourites to beat you, mostly games against the Big Four in England or maybe the big teams in other countries.

For proof of the effectiveness of this tactic, please visit these two stories. One is my own in which I made the original version of the tactic in my third season and finished 2nd in the Premier League and won the Carling Cup with West Ham. The other being jhopper89's story in which he used both versions of the tactics to achieve an over twenty game unbeaten run in all competitions.

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/f81/its-hammertime-cant-touch-this-t30628.html
http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/f81/from-a-sticky-situation-to-the-top-with-the-toffees-t36353.html

Again big thanks to jhopper89, who was a massive helper in the launch of these tactics. I would also like to say thanks to other testers such as Raikan007, YorkshireLad and Ryangiggs11 who all used the tactic and provided me with good feedback. I would also like to say thanks to Max who first taught me the basics of how to make tactics in the first place. Without him, this may not be possible.

Press me for the download page and please post feedback!

Newest version, click here :)

Last edited:
Cause it's you Dan! I'm going to start a new game and test it for a season. Any team's you want me to test with?

ermmmmm, maybe Burley or someone. Your choice really man.

Thanks a lot.

View attachment 62858View attachment 62859

View attachment 62860View attachment 62861

View attachment 62862View attachment 62863

View attachment 62864

Here are some screenshots of how well the tactics have been doing for me. The controlling tactic was used in all bar one of the games, the 3-0 win over Aston Villa.

It really nullifys the attacking threat of bigger teams and they make very few clear cut chances during the game. I was 27 games unbeaten with Everton until I lost 4-2 to Chelsea, mainly because I started the game with my players on 85% fitness and only 4 subs.

Massive credit to Dan, its a really solid tactic and I would recommend it to anybody who struggles to come up with tactics of their own, well worth a go!

Looks good Dan, might give it a go.

Can I ask what age you are btw Dan, as I sense a subliminal message concerning imminent fatherhood for you, but obviously if you are 12 or so then my "inner seers eye" must be obscured....

Lol what the **** are you on about :S

I am 19

And please try the tactic!

Let me know how it goes pal :)

Reread the whole page and you may understand what I am "on about" If no-one gets it by this time tomorrow I will post on here. And I solemnley swear that i will try the tactic. ;)

Call me stupid but I'm gonna try it on a team that isn't West Ham! :p trying it on a championship side will post results.

Thanks pal. Of course you are not stupid. you are supposed to try it with different teams. I hope it does you well and please report your progress :)

:) Definately will, chosen Leicester and I'm cracking on time to sell the dead weight and buy in Messi..........................

Good start Danny! Not many games that you have had to use the control ones on though has there?

After having trouble with FM for a week or so, I'm happy to see your tactic so I don't have to make my own again :3 I'll give it a try with either Manchester United or Villa maybe. I'll post some feedback when I'm a few matches into the season :D

currently 4th after 15 games have a feeling it'd be A LOT better if I could bring in some quality in front of goal.

Gonna go mess around with Madrid for a bit to cheer myself up!

Just cleared up my confusing post with Dan via PM.
Hope these tactics working well for those using them.

looks good mate i will try it out on my new At madrid game

Just taken over Stoke as Pulis has gone to West Ham. Looking very good using both of the tactics. P8 W4(Liverpool) D2 L2(Man City and Arsenal). I'll get back once the team has had time to adjust to the tactic and the new signings have settled in.

Back