Dark Souls

Raikan007

Reaction score
Dark-Souls-Official-HD-Trailer.jpg

Elder Scrolls who is what I ask! Demon's Souls (which I am currently playing) is the best game made to date, ever, seriously difficult but extremely rewarding/unique/perfect/epic/awesome!

Dark Souls is the sequel to the multiple award winning title: Demon's Souls. Release date is the 4th October 2011. This game is going to win many awards once again but GoTY will probalby go to Elder Scrolls: Skyrim due to the fact that this game is quite close to impossible to play for most people! Which is a shame as it is going to be perfect (well here is holding thumbs)

It will be on Xbox and PS3 (even though Demon's Souls was PS3 exlclusive)

If any of you real gamers out there want to be challenged, rewarded, frustrated, elated and completely lost in a game, Demon's Souls and Dark Souls are your games, the best RPG ever created, unique in everyway possible and a must play for any gamer :)

I can go on for ever and ever about how awesome this game is going to be but to get an idea for yourself may I suggest finding Demon's Souls and trying it out first :) you will not be dissapointed in the slightest :)

Feel free to comment on either game :) Just trying to promote this wonderfully awesome game to people who might not have come across Demon's Souls or this game as it is greater than any other games out there :)

A good comment was made that I saw is that Elder Scrolls does look great, but it has the same weapons etc etc, this game is unique in that you can do anything you want, literally!

Also, instead of comparing the two as it is litterally comparing chalk and cheese, just get both of these awesome games :) simple

Screenshots:

606312_20110202_640screen006.jpg
606312_20110202_640screen015.jpg
606312_20110607_640screen010.jpg
606312_20110511_640screen006.jpg

Movies:

[video=youtube;93LFz_j5fQA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=93LFz_j5fQA[/video][video=youtube;s7U-a9pJtHQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s7U-a9pJtHQ[/video]

Reviews:

Review in Progress: Dark Souls - PlayStation 3 News at GameSpot

It actually looks like a really good game judging by the trailers, but it's coming out at a time when so many better known games are (Fifa, MW3, BF3 to name a few) that I can't see it selling too well. I'll wait for someone to review it first before i buy it.

that is the problem with a game like this, that is why I am trying to get people to take notice! :)

I bought the game like 3 years after it was released (Demon's Souls) and it is still better than most new games out today, it will be played for years to come no matter if it sells 1 million copies in its first week or 1000, it will stand the test of time and not many games can say that! Some people are still playing Demon's Souls well over 300 hours...

Games like this never die, its like good music and cult movies :)

that is the problem with a game like this, that is why I am trying to get people to take notice! :)

I bought the game like 3 years after it was released (Demon's Souls) and it is still better than most new games out today, it will be played for years to come no matter if it sells 1 million copies in its first week or 1000, it will stand the test of time and not many games can say that! Some people are still playing Demon's Souls well over 300 hours...

Games like this never die, its like good music and cult movies :)

It's such a stupid idea to bring a game like this out now though, I understand they're doing it in time for christmas but it's just going to harm sales. If they waited until march and brought it out just as everyone was getting bored with call of duty it would fly off the shelves, like borderlands did last year. I've never even heard of the game though so the 1st 1 could have sold millions for all I know.

It's such a stupid idea to bring a game like this out now though, I understand they're doing it in time for christmas but it's just going to harm sales. If they waited until march and brought it out just as everyone was getting bored with call of duty it would fly off the shelves, like borderlands did last year. I've never even heard of the game though so the 1st 1 could have sold millions for all I know.

to be honest mate, this game/company dont worry about that :) they just love the fact that they can make this game and as you will see each level is so carefully designed these people love their jobs and are not phased/motivated by sales/money/marketing etc :) they just want to share this game with the world :)

I sound like I am speaking **** (I mean of course they care about money, but they are not worried about the game making money if you know what I mean) they are confident in it!

or maybe they just wanted to launch it at the same time to test it out against the bigger titles especially for the Awards they will be challenging for..

come into you game and be a menace;) I've also got two PS3's in my flat, so I may have several annoying people in your save!
hahahahaahahaa, dont summon me ***** or I will actually kill you :p (your character)

I wont be playing this online :) it is me vs the game, thats it! challenge 101!

to be honest mate, this game/company dont worry about that :) they just love the fact that they can make this game and as you will see each level is so carefully designed these people love their jobs and are not phased/motivated by sales/money/marketing etc :) they just want to share this game with the world :)

I sound like I am speaking **** (I mean of course they care about money, but they are not worried about the game making money if you know what I mean) they are confident in it!

or maybe they just wanted to launch it at the same time to test it out against the bigger titles especially for the Awards they will be challenging for..

We'll have to wait and see i guess. If it plays as good as it looks it'll be an amazing game, and I hope it does coz i'm getting tired of playing FPS games now.

hahahahaahahaa, dont summon me ***** or I will actually kill you :p (your character)

I wont be playing this online :) it is me vs the game, thats it! challenge 101!

Hey, it would be fun! And being Sexington'd just makes it a little bit harder;)

off topic but for Demon's Souls, last night I FINALLY beat the Tower Demon and the Spider Demon bossess that I have been trying to fight for the last couple of weeks :) was super excited, gave the missus a high five!

anyone wants any tips on how to kill these two badass Demons, let me know :) this is what he looks like and this is what its like:

12745-162313-towerknightgjpg-620x.jpg

I'm more excited for this than I am for Skyrim & FM 12 combined.

I'm more excited for this than I am for Skyrim & FM 12 combined.
High five to a brother who appreciates the art of gaming at its finest :) I feel exactly the same way, I am even more keen for this than I was for The Witcher 2 (which I pre-oredered and found my pc dies at the thought of running it)

Skyrim and Diablo III and the Witcher 2 are going to have to wait until I have finished Demon's Souls and this game!

Fifa 12 will be played in conjunction!

Wanted to get Demon's Souls since Lee was raving about it ages ago, but never had the money. Now I may be able to make the purchase.

And if I enjoy that then may as well pick this up.

Game of the year? Yes please! 9.5/10

Dark Souls Review, Dark Souls PS3 Review - GameSpot.com

my best part of the review (right at the end)

The game's world is so memorable, and its action so thrilling, that it might invade your thoughts even when you aren't playing, silently urging you to escape the real world and return to this far more treacherous one. Dark Souls doesn't just surpass other dungeon crawlers; it skewers them with a razor-sharp halberd and leaves behind their soulless corpses.

Currently sitting on an 89/100 at Metacritic, same as Demon's Souls. Anyone bought it yet?

nah not yet, still need to complete Demons Souls first :) give myself a day or so's break to bask in my the glory then time to die again! ;) hahaah! its over 9 though on most sites I have seen

Been playing this for around 3 days now, its just as good as Demons Souls, maybe even a little easier (maybe due to the fact that I learnt the hard way how to play this from Demons Souls which is my favourite game of all time)

The graphics seem a bit better in Demons Souls to be honest, until I got the Firelink Shrine then it looks really good! The Fireplaces are a good addition and add a new dimension! I thought they would be few and far between but they are well placed to ensure that you can survive and level up accordingly.

I am not sure if anyone is playing it but I highly recommend it to anyone! especially those who claim to be "real hardcore gamers" this game invades your mind and dreams, you think about it when you are not playing, thinking where to go and what to do! Its magical!

I have just gotten back to the Firelink Shrine by going down the elevator in the Undead Parish and have died about 8 times in game and 4 times vs Taurus Demon and once vs the Undead Asylum initial Boss :) which is pretty good going so far!

[video=dailymotion;xinem6]http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xinem6_dark-souls-dark-souls-first-trailer-720p-hd_videogames[/video]