Dark Souls

Finally ordered it. Been a long time since I've played Demon's Souls so I'm looking forward to learning the basics again.

its exactly the same fighting styles and techniques as Demons Souls, block attack, roll but it was a new feature of kicking and a jump thrust attack!

[video=youtube;GribSoQB_r4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GribSoQB_r4[/video]

I have yet to do it though!

Tip, do not kill the merchant in the Undead Burg! He is most valuable, I killed him and now cant repair or buy arrows in order to kill the dragon and get the Drake Sword :(

Tip, do not kill the merchant in the Undead Burg! He is most valuable, I killed him and now cant repair or buy arrows in order to kill the dragon and get the Drake Sword :(

Thankfully I haven't killed the merchant (yet). But I attacked the guy with the black robes in the belltower after the two demons and apparently he's the only npc who can unaggro other NPCs you accidentally attack. Sigh.

Seeing I have a 360 now-is this game worth getting? I used to have Skyrim and loved that

Yeah, imagine Skyrim but without much of a storyline and with a combat system that isn't useless.

It's also just came out for the PC if you think your PC would be able to handle it.

Yeah, imagine Skyrim but without much of a storyline and with a combat system that isn't useless.

It's also just came out for the PC if you think your PC would be able to handle it.

Sadly laptop won't handle it-can take Oblivion but anything after that it's a no-no sadly (due to integrated graphics and processor only being 1.98 ghz dual). Definately going to check it out for 360 though

Thankfully I haven't killed the merchant (yet). But I attacked the guy with the black robes in the belltower after the two demons and apparently he's the only npc who can unaggro other NPCs you accidentally attack. Sigh.

Lol, I kill him on each new save.. he is pointless if you are not a hunter/dex/bow and arrow type build

yeah thats Oswald, he sells Purging stones as well later on!

1 tip, go back to the Undead Asylum before going through Sens fortress to Anor Londo! clear the whole stage, but watch out for the main area (where you fought the first Asylum Demon) do not work over the centre, keep to the sides until you are least level 75 or so!

PM if you need any tips :p

So I've now attacked my second NPC (apparently). I opened the cage to free Big Hat Logan and he just started attacking me. I really hope I can buy Homing Crystal Soulmass from somewhere else otherwise my character is going to be pretty useless.

So I've now attacked my second NPC (apparently). I opened the cage to free Big Hat Logan and he just started attacking me. I really hope I can buy Homing Crystal Soulmass from somewhere else otherwise my character is going to be pretty useless.

that is strange.. straight from Sens, when you freed him he attacked you? that is weird... not going to spoil anything (but now he is dead so you wont see him again this playthrough)

I think you pick it up if I am not mistaken.. I had it for a few of my characters and none of them used spells so I would not have bought it..

you can always check the Wiki

just checked it now! you can get it from Griggs of Vinheim, the understudy to Big Hat at the firelink...

that is strange.. straight from Sens, when you freed him he attacked you? that is weird... not going to spoil anything (but now he is dead so you wont see him again this playthrough)

I think you pick it up if I am not mistaken.. I had it for a few of my characters and none of them used spells so I would not have bought it..

you can always check the Wiki

just checked it now! you can get it from Griggs of Vinheim, the understudy to Big Hat at the firelink...

Oh I didn't kill him, I ran away like a little girl. Hmm will have to check Griggs out then.

Just made another huge mistake as well - Spent the Fire Keeper Soul needed to bring back the firekeeper at Firelink Shrine just thinking it was the same as any other Fire Keeper Soul. So no more bonfire at Firelink Shrine. Oops.

hahhahaa, thats what I love about the game :) did Laurtec kill her?

thats going to make your run through extremely difficult if you can't use the Firelink Shrine.. at least you got 5 humanities though :p

hahhahaa, thats what I love about the game :) did Laurtec kill her?

thats going to make your run through extremely difficult if you can't use the Firelink Shrine.. at least you got 5 humanities though :p

Yeah Laurtec killed her so I went and killed him. Then after getting my phat loot I went back to Anor Lando and spoke to the npc there. She asked if I wanted to reinforce my estus flask so I thought yeah sure. Soon as I pressed yes I realised where the Fire Keeper Soul had came from.

At least I can still warp to Firelink Shrine so it's not too painful when I die (repeatedly) in New Londo Ruins by falling in the water.

Yeah Laurtec killed her so I went and killed him. Then after getting my phat loot I went back to Anor Lando and spoke to the npc there. She asked if I wanted to reinforce my estus flask so I thought yeah sure. Soon as I pressed yes I realised where the Fire Keeper Soul had came from.

At least I can still warp to Firelink Shrine so it's not too painful when I die (repeatedly) in New Londo Ruins by falling in the water.
hahahaha! hate New Londo! its my 2nd worst part of the game! there is a shortcut you can use to make it that much more bearable.. if you have a bow :)

so you beat Smough and Ornstein then?? how were they?

I think I'm at the end of New Londo now - I'm about to jump into the Abyss.

Yeah Smough and Ornstein weren't much of a problem once I decided to kill Ornstein first. First three attempts I killed Smough but the Super Ornstein was just too quick for me to get any meaningful attacks in so just kept dying. Killed Super Smough the first time I faced him - Just back peddled and threw fireballs at his face.

dont take the ring off when you land in the abyss... tried that to put on my cloranthy ring.. did not work lol :) keep it on!

good luck, 4 kings are quite tough.. I did not struggle with them I must be honest, O&S I died at least 8 times lol :) beat them solo though, no Solaire to help me, I ran out of humanities lol :p

good luck!

MugenMonkey - Changlog for Dark Souls Planner

upload your character Lee, would like to check it out if you get a chance? just quote me so I get the message!

Dark Souls Character Planner

There you go. It's a bit of a mess.

you dont need anymore intelligence :) after 40 in each stats (vit/end/int) etc it actually starts becoming less effective, there is a negative effect, so 40 is the most you must spend! however, some weapons need 50 in one area, I would not waste upgrades to get there unless you plan on playing several playthroughs with this guy

you need a **** of a lot more vitality :) lol! I would spend the next 10-15 points on that alone as pyromancy needs nothing to work properly, just humanity for chaos.. as well as endurance...

have you upgraded your pyro flame at all?? you can take it to +15 as well then ascend it to +5 :) this has to be done!

the oolacile catylyst needs to be bought from someone, let me know if you have come across the thing/area yet.

what damage does your axe do with great magic weapon? I never used it as you can only use it 1-3 times I think before having to rest at bonfire.. I would go with a magic upgrade with your stats! so get to Andre' and upgrade your **** :) as it scales with your intelligence stat! some weapons scale even better than others!

one more thing, do you ever farm souls?? if so, do you know about Dark Anor Londo? I did this as it makes getting to and from certain places SO MUCH EASIER for the rest of the game ;) I would recommend that!

have you been to the Painted world of Aramis yet? have you fought Gwyndolin in Anor Londo??

this is what you should try and get to:

Dark Souls Character Planner

having the Grass crest shield (upgrade it plain way to as high as possible, no elemental) equipped boosts stamina recovery.. so you can double hand the axe as well if you like, then change over to pyro flame! or use pyro flame with GCS (shield) up as well :) as your endurance is not that high... you need this, it stops 95% of damage, trust me, its the best shield in the game!

use either the axe upgraded to MAGIC or the CLAYMORE to magic, they will get you 450-505 damage! also, have a good upgraded weapon standard to +15 to use Great mag weapon on still for extra variety...

keep the armour down so you can fast roll, its essential for spell casters and pyro's

ALSO, having high dexterity increases casting time of spells and pyro! so I highly suggest upgrading that as well! but first endurance and vitality like I have upgraded on the linked planner!

then you can go for a quick dex weapon as your +15 standard as it will scale with it, the Uchigatana/Iiato, something that scales with dex and has a good moveset you like!

good luck :)

Today is the day I kill the Four Kings

good luck Lee!

the Stone Armour is the best to use if you can as it has good magic defence, but weighs a ton! also, use a weapon double handed for more damage! fire/lightning are your friends!

They are fourmidable opponents.. :p