mask0991

Reaction score
First off, this story was inspired by Lippo255's thread C.J. Lippo, A Life in Football. It's a rather interesting idea and I wanted to try it out myself.

Basically, I have created a virtual version of myself in FM 15 via the Editor. I let all the attributes and playing positions be randomized by the game. In the preferred staff role, I gave myself 20 points in the manager role. As for the club, I went with Doncaster, where I'll start off as a 15 year old youngster.

Who is Darren Trott?
The idea now is to follow my virtual career and see what happens as I make strides in this highly competitive football world. Since I chose the preferred staff role as a manager, I hope I get appointed as the manager of a team.

The clubs I move to, the relationships I develop over the next few years will be used as the backstory for a managerial career in FM 16. The team I start my managerial career with in this save will be the same team I'll start off with in the next FM.

Hope it all goes well. I'll probably not update this as frequently as the Fulham save but I'll update this everytime something significant happens in my career or whenever I feel like there's been enough progress.

Cheers!

So, here I am - a right footed left back. An interesting choice. I think the game understands my real life eccentric nature.
View attachment 281753

View attachment 281752
I do have rather decent stats for a 15 year old. It'll be interesting to see how I develop and what life has in store for me.

Last edited:
Looking forward to this.

Hope you find it as addictive as I have :)

Pre-contract deal

So, I sign a pre-contract deal with Doncaster that'll keep me here until 2017.

View attachment 281598

It's frightening to hear people associated words like calibre and hot prospect with me at such a young age, but I am focused on my development at the moment.

I'm sure you wont have any trouble fitting in with that 16 'teamwork' rating!

Some great all-round stats there, looking forward to seeing how you develop! :)

October 2014

So, after playing for the U18s and U21s, I finally made my professional debut for Doncaster at the age of 15!!
View attachment 281444
I got a rating of 6.8, and was substituted in the 76th minute.

Doncaster U21s and U18s

I
have been doing alright for the U21 and U18 team with 7+ avg rating. 3 assists so far, all in the U18 games. No goals yet. When I score one, you'll hear about it. You sure will. :D

But bad news followed soon...
View attachment 281442
So, out for four weeks. Absolutely gutted about it. Oh well.... :(

On a more general note, I'll probably make updates once every 4-6 months from now on. I think that will be a good pace.

Not good news on the injury front but a debut at 15!!!! Were you the youngest ever?

1st team football at 15! You would have been king of the schoolyard!

Decided to have a start of this myself, seems pretty fun.

But ****, 15 year old and debut, especially for a left back

February 2015:
So, things are going alright for me. After that lone start in the Johnstone's Paint Trophy, I have found it difficult to get into the Doncaster first team.

I've Been playing in the U-21s and U-18s regularly though. As you can see, the stats aren't that great. Just an odd assist every now and then, and average performances with the exception of a few good ones.
But injuries have really hampered my progress.
View attachment 280730
My current injury will keep me out for 3-4 months. So, my first season looks to have prematurely ended. Very disappointing. :(

I'll make another update at the end of the season. But I don't expect anything to change.

June 2015: End of first Season

So, after some decent performances for Doncaster U21 and U18 teams, injury in February kept m out for the remained of this season.

Here's my profile:
View attachment 279985

Newcastle are rumoured to be interested in me. It would be a huge leap for me, to move to a Premier League team from the Sky Bet league 1. Only time will tell if they make an offer.

Newcastle!

August 2015: Trott moves to Newcastle!
View attachment 279982

I may not have made a first team appearance for Newcastle yet but I scored my first goal in professional football. It came against Sunderland U18s in the English U18s competition. Yippee! Not as big as a goal in Premiership but hey, a goal is a goal! ;)

Nice move to Newcastle mate, congrats on that 1st goal as well! Going from strength to strength!

October 10th 2015

I just signed a professional contract with Newcastle on my 17th birthday! Yay!

Now, it's time to step-up and become a big player for the club.
View attachment 278635

22nd May 2016

END OF SEASON 2 (2015-16)
This has been a rather good season for me. I am still not good enough to make it into the first team as a regular. All my appearances for the First Team have been in Friendlies. But I have been making constant appearances for the U-18 and U-21 sides.

Some of my stats:
View attachment 278602
As mentioned before, all my 3 appearance for Newcastle first team have been in friendlies. My average rating for Newcastle U21s and U18s and England U19s is quite decent. Still room for improvement, but I think they look good for a 17 year old.

Other news:

• I was selected in the England U21 squad for the European U21 championship, but haven't had an appearance yet.
  • However, I won my first U19 cap for England. A very proud moment.
  • I have learnt a lot over the last season by working closely with experienced left back Leonel Vangioni. This was upon the suggestion of manager Javier Aguirre.

Attributes:
After two seasons, here are my attributes.
View attachment 278601

All my attributes except aggression, flair, jumping reach, natural fitness, crossing have slightly increased compared to when I joined Doncaster 2 yrs ago.

Crossing is something I should focus on because I am a full back who likes to go forward whenever possible and putting quality crosses into the box is vital.