Summer 2016: Transfer News

View attachment 275758

I am glad to have gotten this move. I was not even close to getting into the first team at Newcastle as I have been spending a lot of time with the U21s and U18s.

Carlisle gives me an oppotunity to play first team football. Carlisle are in Sky-Bet League 2 and I really hope to be making myself a regular for the club and hopefully impress the Newcastle manager.

Good luck at Carlisle! hopefully do well there and Newcastle will use ya!

Jan 2017: Mixed feelings

It was a horrible day at the training ground at Carlisle. I was working on improving my strength and accidentally dropped a huge dumbbell on right foot. I was screaming in pain till Neil Dalton, the head physio came to tend to me.

With a huge band-aid wrap around my foot, I went back home in disappointment. Dalton told me to take a week's rest and then come back for an assessment. Dalton also told me that these injuries usually will keep me out for 3-4 weeks. That sucks.
View attachment 275724

As soon as I reach home and freshened up, I received a call from Javier Aguirre, Newcastle's manager. He rarely calls me and when he does, it's usually big news. My performances for Carlisle have been quite good so far and given that this is the transfer window, I was wondering if the boss is intent of selling me to Carlisle. All these thoughts went in my head in just under 2 seconds.

"Hey boss," I answered in a very skeptical tone.

We talked about my performances at Carlisle and he said that he was impressed by my development. Okay, that's good.

Much to my surprise, Aguirre was interested in keeping me at Newcastle for a while longer, and wanted to know if I'd be happy to sign a new contract.

I was delighted. I respect the man and him personally calling me was very pleasing. "Yes, yes," I said, desperately trying to hide my enthusiasm.

"Okay, I'll ask our managing director Charnley to talk to your agent," he said before concluding the talk.

All things went well and within two days, I signed a new deal that'll keep me at Newcastle until 2020.
View attachment 275723

SEASON 3 (2016-17) REVIEW
View attachment 275722
I'm really happy with the way the season played out, despite me spending about 10 weeks injured. My attributes are changing for the good. The highlight of last season was my performance at Carlisle. 6 player of the match performances as a left back makes me really happy. I even had an average rating of 7.27, which is quite good.
View attachment 275721
England U21s and U19s: I have been pretty decent for the national U21 and U19 team as well, notching up ratings of 7.3 and 7.1 in 7 and 4 appearances respectively. I have been starting fairly regularly for the U21 side, which is encouraging.

And...yet another loan stint. I'll be spending the 2017-18 season on loan at Championship side Bolton. I am looking forward to working with Man United legend Solskjaer, who is currently the manager of Bolton.

If I can produce another season like the last one, I think I can make some claims for first team spot in Newcastle.View attachment 275719

Newcastle sacked Javier Aguirre and Eddie Howe replaced him as manager. Howe may have loaned me out to Bolton but he is pleased with my progress and thinks I have good potential. So, he offered me a new deal to extend my present contract by 2 years.

I am just 19 and it's not like big clubs are after me. So, I decided to sign the deal and stay at Newcastle. My agent said it was the best thing for me to do as well.

July 2018

SEASON 4 (2017-18) REVIEW
View attachment 274732A bit disappointed with this season in terms of performances, but my attributes have increased rather well. I feel that Bolton didn't do a good job in using me - I have been largely used as a substitute. Because of so many sub appearances, I couldn't manage good average rating or any goals or assists.
View attachment 274731If I had more playing time at Bolton, I would've been seriously considered by Howe for the first team at Newcastle. Now, I am not so sure. I have a strange feeling that I might get loaned out...again.

England U21s: I made 3 appearances for the U21 side (out of a possible 8 games). No goals or assists, but I did manage an average rating of 7.1, better than my Bolton stint.

Developing well mate. No doubt regular first team football will be on the horizon soon.

In the Team of the Week - TWICE!

In my breakthrough season, I managed to get into the Premier League team of the week twice. It's not the biggest achievement but I am still glad to have gotten in with great players around.
The one of the left was announced on 8th Jan 2019 and the one on the right was announced on 5th March 2019.

Last edited:
SEASON 5 (2018-19) REVIEW
View attachment 274408
This was my breakthrough season. At 20 years of age, I have established myself as a first team member. Eddie Howe (who was sacked as the club's manager in June 2019) gave me a few chances in the first team.

Before New Years day, I was the back-up left back but after that things changed. Out of my 17 first team appearances, 13 came after New Years day. However, I am not sure if the new manager would consider me as the first choice for the left back position.

Anyway, here are the stats:
View attachment 274406
Not an exceptional season but an average rating of 7.14 in the League, an assist and a player of the match award is pretty good for my first season. Still room for improvement but I am glad the way things are turning out.

England U21:
I also made 6 appearances for the U21 side, scoring an average rating of 6.9. I scored my first ever goal for the U21 team against Sweden U21 in a 2-2 draw.
View attachment 274405
Injuries:
While it was a good season in terms of my progress and performances, I was sidelined for a total of 2 months due to injuries. Thankfully, most of the injuries occurred in 2018, when I was the back-up left back. I am glad to be relatively injury free post New Years day.
View attachment 274404

Hopefully that's your break through season right there. Plenty more EPL footy to come!

November 2019: From strength to strength

My performances recently have been very good with an average rating of 7.5 and 5 player of the match awards. Manager Gerardo Martino offered me a new deal, which will extend my stay by 2 yrs till 2024.

My wages saw a HUGE increase. My present wage is 145k p/a and the new contract offered to me will see me earning 2.32M p/a, a 16 fold increase. Wow! Things are starting to look up...

D.Trott is clearly England's left back of the future! The only downer there is you'll be battling Luke Shaw for a spot for the next few years.