New Challenge

12th March 2019

After several months unemployment following spell at Harbin Yiteng, I am pleased to accept a position as manager at the famed South African Football Club, Orlando Pirates.

View attachment 168013
I had offers to manage in France, Germany and China but I decided Orlando Pirates were the best step forward as they struggling a bit, currently 6th in the league but they possess one of the best squads in South Africa and could have a decent shot at the African Champions League, plus lots of trophies on offer.

View attachment 168012

View attachment 168010
egVUdYepTxMIKdl515r7dSGL-iuh9JtFphBi5hIwq5CJia2DImiKd7GVE5JNrQEtFAR0q5SHHg3i2SU-NH60-Ji6N3tpsG0O7OUXkGy7zBQhOMoGdFaFHwNrzgayRWI7-6ZQ8XXM

Current Season before I took over:
South African Premier Soccer League - 6th - In progress
African Champions League - First Round 1st Leg - In progress
South African Knockout Cup - Winner
South African FA Cup - Second Round - In progress
South African Super Eight Cup - Runner Up
Be The Coach Challenge - Runner Up

View attachment 168014

View attachment 168011
Big history at the club.​

Last edited:
Good luck with your new venture in South Africa. Always been interested to see what it's like to manage there, so will be keen to see how you do. :)

Good luck with your new venture in South Africa. Always been interested to see what it's like to manage there, so will be keen to see how you do. :)

Cheers buddy, am definitely looking forward to South Africa, lots of trophies on offer!