David Luiz signs for Chelsea

City were after him at some point. Glad we didin't buy him...he is too good for our bench :D Boateng and Kompany are both better CB :s

Boateng is definitely not a better CB than David Luiz, maybe a better full back but not even close to being as good a centre back as Luiz.

Chelsea have signed themselves one of the brightest defensive prospects in the world.

Good piece on why 25% of the Luiz fee went to investors.http
://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/david-conn-inside-sport-blog/2011/feb/03/chelsea-david-luiz?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+theguardian%2Ffootball%2Frss+%28Football%29

Loooool, perfectly normal that the sporting guy doesnt show love for David Luiz, xD especially when he is better than all sportings CB combined, ANY, benfica CB is better than Sporting's CB.

There was a curious story here, their former president went to the bank, for them to evaluate their star CB and Captain, Daniel Carriço, because of a players fund, he was evaluated in 6 million euros.

It happens that a former youth player of benfica, promising CB, Roderick Miranda, was evaluated in 8 million euros.

So, when a 19 yr old CB in his first pro year is rated higher than their captain, you just know what to trust ;)

Last edited:
Really enjoyed his performance tonight. Considering it was his first start in a completely different league, I thought he was fantastic.

Excellent on the ball, good in the air, goes forward like a creative midfielder, and can play all across the back four. I rarely get excited over centre backs but this guy definately hast he potential to be one of the best CB's if he keeps improving.

Will become a fans favourite for sure.

Aggeresque forward runs, and some exquisite distribution. You can see why Chelsea fans are excited, he looks a true talent.

Reminded me of Carvalho tonight, a really great signing imo. Much better than El Nino.

Sensational player, how many defenders get man of the match on their debut?? I suppose he wont count for anything as the team is on a decline though??

On a brighter note i would like to thank Benfica for Luiz and Ramires, two excellent footballers. Got abit of Carvalho in him but not much, he reads the game well like Carvalho but he uses the ball better and is techniquly much better than Riccy.

His overhead kick near the end was fairly epic.

Looks a very good signing.

Thought he looked quality. Didn't lack in confidence making two challenge in the box although one lead to a pen.

Over head kick was quality, didnt expect that. He just looked good all round.

can see Chelsea in 2-3 years time (if Terry, Lampard and Cole have retired) lining up as.
GK: Cech
DR: Ivanovic
DL: Van Aanholt
DC: Luiz (captain)
DC: Bruma
MC: Ramires
MC: Essien
MC: Kakuta
ST: Kalou
ST: Sturridge
ST: Torres

Decline on the horrizen?

can see Chelsea in 2-3 years time (if Terry, Lampard and Cole have retired) lining up as.

Decline on the horrizen?
Is that a joke? That looks pretty weak.

Decline on the horrizen?
Lol i hope we replace Kalou by then and not to sure about that line up but very worrying times ahead for us. Next prem game is Utd at the bridge!

Decline on the horrizen?

There's no width in that team tbh and no attacking overlapping full backs i.e Cole.

Kalou's poo as well

There's no width in that team tbh and no attacking overlapping full backs i.e Cole.

Kalou's poo as well

What he said.

Plus, Kakuta is rubbish, Bruma looks very shaky and Kalou is absolutely awful.

You'll buy others to replace them though, that's a given.

Kalou's poo as well

If anything Van Aanholt is more attaking than Cole. He has a better cross that Cole and gets to the bi-line very well. Kakuta can also play out wide and Kalou is a decent player not excellent but decent and he is natuarly a wide player.

---------- Post added at 04:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:10 AM ----------

What he said.

Are you still rating Bruma over one performance against Heskey lol. I know its hard to believe but many other have been bullied by him in the past. Kakuta has the potential and hopefully this loan deal to Fulham will be the making of him, abit like Sturridge is looking like he is doing at Bolton.

Lol I hope that's Chelsea's team in 2 years :D

Anyway, Luiz looks promising.

What he said.

Bit early to say that about those two. Kalou is useful but lacks cutting edge to his finishing, you'd think Torres would of have improved by then to provide that though.