Dawson for England - Yes or no?

• Thread starter Thread starter Max
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 67
  • Views Views 3K

Max

Reaction score
Would you take Spurs centre back Michael Dawson to the World Cup? I personally think he's been on top form this season for Spurs, and other options at centre back are people like King who is too injury prone really, Cahill from Bolton who had a good start to the season but faded a bit, due to injury a bit aswell. Matthew Upson hasn't been exactly good for West Ham and I don't really think he deserves to go either.

Obviously you'd have Ferdinand and Terry going there, but you need more than 2, and probably need 4, but would you take Dawson to the World Cup?

Please don't take this off topic, this is about Michael Dawson going to the World Cup, not about who is going to win the league or get relegated etc. :)

Yes, I think he's a class player and he's been a rock at the back for Spurs for the whole season. Did you see him last night he made some key tackles without fault

Yeah some of the interceptions he made last night were very good, and overall he's a good no nonsense brave defender.

I agree with JP Woody; Dawson is better than Upson

i can't see why not, hes performed well for Spurs this year. Gotta be one of the best Centre backs we have after Terry and Rio.

One word, YES.

Has been so consistent for the past two years and constantly gets overlooked and is far better than Upson.

I remember quite a few people on here about 2/3 months ago saying he wasn't good enough and his form wouldn't last etc saying he was a decent centre back, but I think he's in the top 3/4 of our centre backs. Its a shame King is so injury prone as he is a quality centre back.

Upson is **** and is playing in a **** team, always end up giving away fouls in dangerous positions, I'd much rather have Dawson.

Agree with mojority on here Dawson is alot better than donkey injury struck Upson

We have also forgotten someone, Jagielka? I know he's been injured a lot this season but has came back and done well.

Yep he will go and he is so unsure that he is rejecting his wife's request of booking a holiday during the world cup lol what a confidence downer from your wife that she dont believe you will be at the world cup and is making her own arrangements lol

Definately. He's probably Englands best defender if you're going on form and consistency this season. Terry had that bad run during the whole scandal where he made key mistakes, and Ferdinand has been injured alot of this season as has Lescott and Upson has just been poor and overrated. If Capello keeps to his promise of selecting players on form over reputation then Dawson has to go to the World Cup. The only downer to it is that he hasn't got much experience at playing against the best in Europe etc as he hasn't played in Europe a lot but I'm sure if he plays like this for England, he could easily become first choice for England.

I have backed him since the John Terry was stripped of captaincy on this thread and was conpletely slated for it, but I believe he is good enough

We have also forgotten someone, Jagielka?

yep since he got injured all the hype bout him and england has gone dissapointed at that hi and gary cahill should be there instead of micah richards and upson most of the goals england have conceded in friendlies are coz of upson correct me if im wrong

Can't be any worse than the shambles that is Upson.

Take Adam Johnson aswell.

Sorted.

Can't be any worse than the shambles that is Upson.

Take Adam Johnson aswell.

Sorted.

Have you all read BBC Sport today? Capello is considering Johnson for the 30man squad and the friendly for mexico as becks and lennon are injured

Back