Dawson for England - Yes or no?

• Thread starter Thread starter Max
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 67
  • Views Views 3K
Why should Lescott make the trip to SA? He's been injured half the season and England have a number of CBs better than him. I only believe Dawson, Cahill and Jagielka can be classed as outsiders atm for a CB spot, Sol Campbell is a long shot for me, too old, some will argue about his experience, but we have Terry and Ferdinand already. Dawson and Jagielka to go! :D

You say why should Lescott make the trip when he's been injured half a season. Hasn't Jagielka been injured for more than half the season yet you put his name forward?

Jags can play both sides, centre mid and even in goal. versatility is key for a world cup squad player.

Dawsons had a good season yeah, I still prefer Jagielka for CB though.
Hart for England's number one hopefully

I don't see why Dawson shouldn't go, he has been a good defender this season. And I agree 100% that he is better than Upson.

No let him watch it on TV imo Campbell played well yesterday and has been to the dance already so has experience...Age aint nothing but a number

Terry, Rio, Dawson, and Jags should go.
Obviously one of squad centre backs will miss out to Upson.
Capello has his tongue up his ****.

I think Dawson is one of if the best centre back based on form alone we have in england atm. He has to go in my opinion!

I agree with JDY they would be my 4 for the WC!

Last edited:
Back