Dawson for England - Yes or no?

• Thread starter Thread starter Max
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 67
  • Views Views 3K
Yeah he has frankie but remmeber that fatal passback to fabianski in CL

he lacks pace and he would just be made to look a fool in WC

Yes, but if Fabianski had dealt with it properly like a good PL keeper, then it wouldn't have happened. :S

Do you think Hargreaves will make the plane? He was meant to be back months ago looks like he wont play until next season man utds medical bill is propably high after his injuries

Sol needs to stay home, he is not worthy of a seat on the plane as well as Richardson (who is an attacking mid normally) both dont deserve to go!
there are enough good English left hand sided players (this time to make an impact in SA)

23 man shortlist:

Joe Hart, Ben Foster, Paul Robinson

Ashley Cole, Ferdinand, Terry, Dawson, Richards, Glen Johnson, Lescott

Lampard, Carrick, Gerrard, Lennon, Joe Cole, Rodwell, Walcott, Barry, Young

Rooney, Crouch, Defoe

Id have Dawson ahead of Upson & Lescott on his current form. Even King if we need him for just 1 or 2 games

I'd love Ledley to go, but it's far too much of a risk. surprised he hasn't formally retired from England tbh.

I am playing pretty well for my 5 aside team lately, got 12 goals last night, recon I could make the plane? ;)

Always rated him. Should definitely be on the plane, if Capello sticks to his word that he's gonna pick form players for the team rather than based on their reputation.

dawson should go, definitely ahead of upson, would like to see jags go as well.

Dawson has been outstanding this season and fully deserves a chance to go to South Africa.

smeone entioned hargreaves earlier. no chance he has been out for two years and has only play half a reserve game as far as i know.

I had always been a fan of him and is surprised that he isn't rated at all. By looking at form alone for this season I would say that he is the best centerback in England.

Why should Lescott make the trip to SA? He's been injured half the season and England have a number of CBs better than him. I only believe Dawson, Cahill and Jagielka can be classed as outsiders atm for a CB spot, Sol Campbell is a long shot for me, too old, some will argue about his experience, but we have Terry and Ferdinand already. Dawson and Jagielka to go! :D

Back