DD's Journeyman European Tour

• Thread starter Thread starter Mr_Grieves
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 95
  • Views Views 17K

Mr_Grieves

Reaction score
Just got my mate Kris's up to date 1st march update to get over my loss of my last storyDecided im going to do a classic journeyman game, going to as many countrys as possible over a targeted either 20-30 years no limits. Only rule i aim to follow is that i have two seasons to win what i can at the club and if by the end of a 3rd season at one team i must quit and wait for my next job. Starting at home with Celtic. So league should be easy enough to win with all Rangers problems and gives me a chance to boost my reputation.
LETS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!

Job History
Celtic - June 2011 - July 2013
Man City - July 2013 - June 2016
Juventus - September 2016 - June 2016
Italy - July 2018 -
Barcelona - August 2018 -

Running trophy count

1 - World Club Champions - Winner 2015
1 - Champions League - Winner - 2014/15
1 - European Super Cup - Winner 2015

2 Scottish Premier league - 2011/12, 2012/2013
2 Scottish league cup - 2011/12, 2012/2013
1 Scottish cup - 2011/12

3 English Premiership - 2013/14, 2014/2015, 2015/2016
3 English FA Cup - 2013/14, 2014/2015, 2015/2016
2 English League Cup - 2013/14, 2015/2016
1 Community Shield - 2014/15

2 Serie A - 2016/17, 2017/18
1 Italian Super Cup 2017/18

1 Spanish Super Cup 2018/19

Total
1 Champions League, Runner up 2014,2018
1 European Super Cup
7 Domestic league titles
4 Domestic cups
4 Domestic league cups
3 Domestic Super Cup/Shield​

Last edited:
Half season Review
18 games into the league and Rangers and Celtic are dead even, only split by Rangers being +7 on goal difference. Surprised Rangers are where they are with the financial Problems at the club. Three best players for me so far would be Kris Commons. With a 7.52, 9 goals and 7 assists. Gary Hooper with 15 goals in the league and super sub Jelle Vossen who is really pushing for a chance to be my lead striker. Still in Europe as well with an away trip to Shamrock Rovers where a win will secure a place in the knockout phase

----
August
On the player front i brought in 5 players. Guti is on a free and came in to be back up. On the defensive side i found Jonathan Bottinelli and Loic Nestor to be my two center backs as my current defenders made a poor start to the season. Two more youth star of European football were brought in to put my team together PSG's Alphose Areola and Jelle Vossen from Genk to put the final touches to the team i hope can win the league. Main players leaving were Stokes and Sameras who were surplus to requirements. got offered £2m for Ki and £1.2m for Juarez so deceived to let them go too. And finally following my deadline day defensive signings i luckily sold Tom Rogne, Glenn Loovens and Dominic Cervi leaving me with a squad size im happy with.
Season started very poorly with a capitulation to Hibs on the opening day where we lost 4-2 followed by a terrible performance against Aberdeen left us bottom with 2 defeats from 2 games. Following that we've turned around and won all 5 games including our Europa league qualifier against SV Ried.

----
September
A 100% record domestically however a awful 3-0 defeat to Fulham in the Europa League puts us in a trick spot there right from the get go. Highlight of the month a 2-1 win at Ibrox to close the gap on Rangers at the top to 3 points

Fixtures
Celtic 3-2 Motherwell
Commons, Hooper, Forrest

Fulham 3-0 Celtic - Europe league group match day 1

rangers 1-2 Celtic

Celtic 2-0 Dundee - league cup round 3

Celtic 2-0 Inverness CT
Hooper, Commons

Celtic 2-0 Shamrock Rovers - Europe league group match day 2
Commons, Vossen

----
October
Kept up our winning run in the league, Up to 10 games now a lot of that is thanks too late winners in all of our league matches this month. And to top it off we had a brilliant result against Karpaty in the Europa League which at the half way stage has Fulham, Karpaty and Celtic all level at the top on 6 points.

Fixtures
Hearts 0-1 Celtic
mulgrew

Kilmarnock 2-3 Celtic
Hooper, Forrest, Ledley

Celtic 4-0 Karpaty - Europe league group match day 3
Forrest, McCourt, Majsorovic, Commons

Celtic 1-0 Aberdeen
Vossen

Celtic 2-2 Hibs AET - league cup round 4
Atajic, Vossen
Celtic 3-2 Hibs Pens

Celtic 2-1 Hibs
Hooper 2

----
November
A real month of ups and downs with disappointing defeats to Motherwell and then at home to Fulham in the Europa League leaving up probably looking at second place. Been a hard month with the team down to 13/14 players for 3 of the games this month

Fixtures
Karpaty 1-2 Celtic - Europe league group match day 4
Ledley, McCourt

Motherwell 2-0 Celtic

Inverness 1-3 Celtic
Ledley 2, Guti

Celtic 4-0 Dunfermline
Hooper 3, Vossen

Celtic 2-0 St Mirren
Ledley, Hooper

Celtic 0-1 Fulham - Europe league group match day 5

----
December
Dundee Utd 2-5 Celtic
Commons, Hooper, Ledley, Vossen, Matthews

Celtic 2-0 Hearts
Commons 2

Anyone know why i keep getting a failure message "error#2038" "bubbles=false" when i try and upload photos. Was fine on my last story.

December
Almost a perfect month till the 87th minute against Rangers when they pulled back a undeserved equalizer.

Shamrock Rovers 0-0 Celtic - Europe league group match day 6
Only got through thanks to fulham beating karpaty

St Johnston 0-5 Celtic
Ledley, Commons, McCourt, Vossen 2

Celtic 5-0 Kilmarnock
Vossen 3, Commons, Hooper

Celtic 1-1 Rangers
Vossen

January
Afer the rangers game in December we never came close to hitting top form this month, dropping points to Dundee Utd and sneaking through the cups.
Transfer wise I picked up Arne Friedrich on a free and Eyong Enoh from Ajax for £425k.
Sold was Kayal and Lustig who were attracting interest from bigger clubs so decided to take the cash hoping to invest it in the squad I also sold back up defender Kelvin Wilson for 300k.

Dunfermline 1-3 Celtic
Bottinelli, Mulgrew, Ledley

Livingston 0-1 Celtic - Scottish cup 4th round
Majstorovic

Celtic 1-1 Dundee Utd
Hooper

St Mirren 0-2 Celtic
Mulgrew, Commons

Celtic 1-0 Hamilton - League cup semi final
Bangura

February
Brilliant month. Jumped a huge hurdle in Marseilles to get another French team Lille in the last 16 and kept up a winning run that took us to the top of the league

Celtic 4-0 Elgin - Scottish Cup 5th round
F Twardzik, Vossen 2, P McCourt

Celtic 4-0 Marseilles - Europe league last 32 1st leg
Hooper 3, Bottinelli

Hibs 0-1 Celtic
Commons

Marseilles 2-2 Celtic - Europe league last 32 2nd leg
Hooper, O'G,
Agg 6-2

Celtic 2-0 Motherwell
Hooper, Mulgrew

March
Month of Major ups, Winning against Rangers and the League cup while going out of the Europa League and a home draw to St Johnston being the downsides of the month

Celtic 2-0 Inverness CT - Scottish cup QF
Hooper, Commons

Celtic 0-1 Lille - Europe league last 16 1st leg

Celtic 1-0 Hearts - Scottish league cup final
Commons

View attachment 227959

Lille 1-1 Celtic - Europe league last 16 2nd leg
Hooper
Lille 2-1 Celtic AGG

Celtic 3-0 Dunfermline
Hooper 2, Mulgrew

Aberdeen 0-2 Celtic
Hooper, Vossen

Rangers 0-1 Celtic
Commons

Celtic 1-1 St Johnston
Forrest

April
Wins all around including two 4-0 victory's to crown us as champions

Kilmarnock 1-2 Celtic
Hooper 2

St Mirren 0-2 Celtic - Scottish cup Semi Finals
Hooper, Wanyama

Hibs 0-1 Celtic
Forrest

Celtic 4-0 Aberdeen
Vossen 4

Celtic 4-0 Dundee Utd
Forrest 2, Commons 2

May
Season ended with our 3rd trophy in 3 months as a 1-0 win against Hearts secured the Scottish cup And a Domestic treble

Hearts 0-1 Celtic
Vossen

Celtic 1-2 Rangers
Hooper

Celtic 1-0 Hearts - Scottish Cup final
Vossen

View attachment 227961

Season Review
Dang good 1st season if I say so myself.
Won all 3 trophys that we realistically could and went 1 round further than I targeted.
Stars of the season were my two forwards Hooper and Vossen and Kris Commons on the wing

Onto the summer transfer window. Hopefully we can get players to have a good European run.​

Last edited:
Season 2 - 2012/2013

In my second season I hope we can Dominate Scotland again, minimum target is the title and 1 cup
In Europe we should at least get to the Europa league so to be in Europe after xmas is the aim

Both cups will be looking for a win

Targets
SPL - Win
Scottish cup - Win
League cup - Win
Champions league - Group top 3 finish

Main signings

View attachment 228919

Carlos Vela - My parent club Arsenal loaned me Vela for the season so getting a top forward who will be great in the SPL for nothing

Guillermo Ochoa - Felt I really lacked a top goalkeeper so emptied my wallet to sign the Mexican
Steven Fletcher - Hooper wanted out and was causing a fuss so sold him and replaced him with a equally good forward who is Scottish

Ryan Nelsen - Bought the oldie defender as cover but may step up to start if he proves himself

New midfield - Luca Cigarini, McDonald Mariga and J Martinez. All three will push there way towards the starting 11 and gives us an amazing midfield all on free transfers

Loic Nestor - Fell down my order of Centerbacks and when clubs became interested I just had a look to make a profit and we did

Garry Hooper - The fans player o the year turned his back on the club when Liverpool came calling but in the end he ended up going to sporting Gion. Not the loss he would have been with Vela and Fletcher joining

Pre Season fixture

Wisla 2-4 Celtic - Champions league qualifier 3rd round 1st leg​
Enoh, Ledley, Kelly, Vossen

Celtic 3-2 Wisla - Champions league qualifier 3rd round 2nd leg
Martinez, Vossen 2

We got through the first hurdle without any major issues to reach the final qualifying round where we will play Slovan Bratislava

Mid Season Review

August
Made a solid start to the league especially after the disastrous start last season.​
Champions league. After a closer than expected final qualifier we got drawn in the group of death with Real Madrid, AC Milan and Werder Bremen. Yikes

Aberdeen 2-2 Celtic
Forrest, Bangura

Slovan Bratislava 2-3 Celtic - Champions league champions play off 1st leg
Cigarini 2, O'G

Celtic 5-1 Kilmarnock
O'G, Vela 3, Forrest

Celtic 1-0 Slovan Bratislava - Champions league champions play off 2nd leg
Forrest
AGG 4-2

September
Brilliant month of results topped of with our incredible 6-0 win against Ayr United. Oh sorry i mean AC Milan

Dundee 2-4 Celtic
Forrest 2, Vela, O'G

Celtic 3-1 Hibs
Vela 2, Friedrich

Celtic 6-0 AC Milan - Champions League group match day 1
Vossen, Cigarini, Vela 3, Fletcher
Sorry but how?

Celtic 3-0 St Mirren
Fletcher 2, Cigarini

Ayr 0-6 Celtic - Scottish League cup round 3
Vossen 4, Bangura 2

Motherwell 0-1 Celtic
Ledley

October
So close to a draw against Madrid but had a late goal disallow. Made up for it by thumping Werder. Walked over Rangers then had a fascinating 3-3 draw with Hearts after we were reduced to 10 men in the 6th minute

Real Madrid 2-1 Celtic- Champions League group match day 2
Fletcher

Celtic 2-0 Dunfermline
Fletcher 2

Rangers 0-2 Celtic
Fletcher, Commons

Celtic 4-0 Werder Bremen - Champions League group match day 3
Fletcher 2, Bangura, Vela

Celtic 3-3 Hearts
M Mariga, Vela 2

Celtic 2-0 Dundee Utd - Scottish League cup Quarter final
Wanyama, McCourt

November
Very good month all round. Secured qualification to the last 16 of the champions league and won all our league games

Celtic 2-0 Inverness CT
Mulgrew, Commons,

Werder Bremen 0-2 Celtic - Champions League group match day 4
Vela, Mariga

Celtic 3-0 Aberdeen
Commons, Vela, Commons

Kilmarnock 0-5 Celtic
Fletcher 2, Martinez, Bottinelli, Forrest

Celtic 3-0 Dundee
Commons 2, Fletcher

AC Milan 0-0 Celtic - Champions League group match day 5

December
First domestic defeat of the season and some lackluster displays in the SPL. However the big flipside was a 2-1 home win Against Real Madrid to win our champions league group

Dundee Utd 1-0 Celtic

Hibs 1-2 Celtic
Fletcher, O'G

Celtic 2-1 Real Madrid - Champions League group match day 6
Commons 2
ST Mirren 0-1 Celtic
Vela

Celtic 3-1 Motherwell
Vela, Commons, Fletcher

Dunfermline 0-2 Celtic
Commons, Fletcher

Celtic 2-0 Dundee United
Fletcher 2

On January the 1st our parent club and champions league last 16 opponents Arsenal sold me Arron Ramsey and loaned me Theo Walcott.

Last edited:
January
Started slowly with another Draw against Hearts but after that we found our shooting boots, mainly thanks to Steven Fletcher who took over the strikers position till he got injured at Dundee

Hearts 2-2 Celtic
Walcott, Forrest

Celtic 5-0 Forfar - Scottish cup 4th round
O'G, Vossen 2, Walcott, Bangura

Celtic 5-2 Rangers
Walcott, Vela 3, Vossen

Inverness 0-1 Celtic
Walcott, Matrinez, Vela

Aberdeen 0-7 Celtic
Commons, Fletcher 4, Forrest 2

Dundee 1-5 Celtic
Fletcher 3, Vela, Walcott

February
A month of mixed performances. Fell short in all of our big matches especially disappointing was the two Rangers games where we almost lost while playing awful and in the replay too we struggled to get on top of them before eventually squeezing through to the quarter finals

Celtic 3-0 St Mirren Scottish League cup semi final
Vela, Ramsey, Mariga

Celtic 2-0 Kilmarnock
Martinez, Wanyama

Rangers 2-2 Celtic - Scottish Cup 5th Round
Bangura, Forrest
Brilliant comeback from 2-0 down with 10 minutes to go

Celtic 4-0 Hibs
Vela 3, Fletcher

Arsenal 3-2 Celtic - Champions League last 16 1st leg
Fletcher, Commons

Celtic 3-1 St Mirren
Commons, O'G, Walcott

Celtic 2-1 Rangers - Scottish Cup 5th Round replay
Commons, Martinez

March
A month with big wins and big disappointments going out to the champions league and loosing AGAIN at attendance

Motherwell 1-3 Celtic
Vela 3

Celtic 2-0 Dundee Utd - Scottish Cup Quarter Finals
Walcott, Ramsey

Celtic 1-1 Arsenal - Champions League last 16 2nd leg
Fletcher

Celtic 4-0 Inverness CT - Scottish League cup final
O'G, Walcott, Fletcher, Cigarini
Celtic 6-0 Dunfermline
Fletcher 2, Walcott, Vela 3

Dundee Utd 2-1 Celtic
Vossen
We don't like Tanadice

Celtic 6-0 Hearts
Walcott 3, Commons, Vela, Vossen

April
April had the high of retaining the title with 6 games to go but then a huge failure of loosing 1-0 to St Mirren in the scottish cup semi finals. This means the 2013 scottish cup will be the only trophy I failed to win in Scotland still 5/6 isn't bad

Rangers 1-1 Celtic
Walcott

Celtic 4-1 Inverness CT
Vela 3, Mulgrew

St Mirren 0-3 Celtic
Vela 2 Fletcher

Celtic 3-0 Hearts
Commons, Ramsey, Vela

St Mirren 1-0 Celtic - Scottish Cup Semi Finals

May
Three games but the horror of going out of the cup was overshadowed by a horrific 4-0 defeat at Ibrox. We fell 2-0 behind then I decided to go gungho and payed.

Rangers 4-0 Celtic

Celtic 1-0 Dundee Utd
Fletcher

Kilmarnock 0-4 Celtic
Fletcher 2, McCourt, Ramsey

Season Review

Season 2 saw an improvement in the league got 1 more point than season 1 haha. Additions of Vela and Walcott tipped us over the edge in terms of quality over the rest.

In Europe I was delighted to be in the champions league after Christmas after some amazing results in the group stage.

Despite a cup win and reaching the semi finals of the scottish cup loosing to st mirren has to equal a big failure on that front.

Main stars this season were the two strikers who rotated through the season. Carlos Vela and Steven Fletcher

you make me very proud to be a celtic fan, if only we had those players atm. Can u post ur tactic mate ?

PRE SEASON REVIEW

Season 3 - 2013/2014

After two years on top in Scotland the time has come to bring Manchester City to the top in England. Minimum target is a title challange through the season for the leauge. Squad is just too good not to be up there.
In the cups im going for everything. Again the squad is just too good not to. Want to win either of the domestic cups but want a strong showing in both.
In the champions leauge the minimum targert is to go as far as possible and will only accept going out if i come up against a better ranked team

Targets
Premiership - Title challange
FA cup - final appearance
League cup - final appearance
Champions league - Last 16

Main signings

View attachment 230551

Eden Hazzard
Always wanted him and with a major lack of wing players and Ronaldo not interested he was the next best i could have hoped for
View attachment 230547

Yann M'Vila
Signed M'Vila for Valencia in last years game and he was a gem. hopfully he can be as good in this game and take over the box to box role of Toure
View attachment 230548

Arjen Robben
Available on a free. Seriously? Could turn out to be the signing of the season
View attachment 230549

Ryan Shawcross
Was signed before i got to the club but no complaints he will provide decent back up and is English
View attachment 230550

Main Player sales
The two biggest names i let go this season were Samir Narsi and Steve Mandanda.
Nasri had been trouble from the moment i arrived and eventually was happy to see him off to Roma
Mandanda was unlucky as there was 3 goalkeepers who had claims to the NO1 spot and with Hart being English and argubally the best and Pantillimo being payed penuts ment Mandanda was up for the chop

Others players who had no role to play in the squad were Adaybayor, Boyata Lescott, Guidetti

Could find a buyer for Yaya Toure and with no space so loaned off to sporting

and for bigvic67 heres my tactics

Said person, I would never think that the day would come when you would manage Man City! Dear me.

roadrunner89 -
Ramsey was on the Transfer list didnt even have to the world in wages and add ons and he was happy to come. Walcott was sent by Arsenal who were my parent club. They got Alex Chamberlain this season
View attachment 230562

Klippybo
It feels weird but figured City would be the easyest team in the game to buy big players and where i was in my carrear the other jobs on the go at the time was Blackburn so pretty happy for City to get me.

Made some late moves in the transfers market.
In came english based F Fielding and regen B McDermott so i could get closer to the 25 man squad

Out went the foriegn based players
C Tevez, P Zabaleta, K TOure, C Pantilimon

Tevez and Toure's contract was up in the summer and werent keen on renewing so out they went.

Last edited:
Brave decision not sure if i could manage a rival of my favourite team i have turned down offers in previous saves but maybe in a journeyman save you have to take a better job when it is offered. Did you set any conditions when you started the save (eg trying to buy as many homegrown players as possible) or is it purely reacting to events in the game as they happen.

ps I am sure that selling Tevez had nothing to do with you being a United fan

No conditions at the moment. Just trying to be as successful and win as many trophies as possible in the 2-3 seasons I spend at a club. Would like to win the major honors in each country I end up managing. Obviously City will be one of the best chances to do something in Europe too

Tevez would have totally stayed as my 3rd striker behind Aguero and Dzeko but he wasn't going to sign a new contract and I had far to many players to register a European squad with the 8 English players and so forth

roadrunner89 -
Ramsey was on the Transfer list didnt even have to the world in wages and add ons and he was happy to come. Walcott was sent by Arsenal who were my parent club. They got Alex Chamberlain this season

ahhhh i see okay

Mid season review

I've been vey very impressed with How we've begun with just the odd bad performance where we sneak through with a win except Barca who totally out classed us. But one man has shone very brightly Sergio Aguero. Best player ever

August
Very solid start to the season. Getting the better of Juvenus in europe and an amazing 8-1 win over Fulham

Spurs 2-2 Man City
O'G, Hamsik

Juventus 1-2 Man City - Champions leauge playoff 1st leg
Hazard, Subotic

Man City 8-1 Fulham
Hazard, Aguero 6, Milner
Was wondering when Aguero would start scoring. Now just 1 goal away from equaling his total goals from last season.
View attachment 230843
This was the best individual performance i've ever seen from a player in a top flight game or any game 6 goals and assist on the other two. What a star​

Man City 2-2 Juventus - Champions leauge playoff 1st leg
Hazard, Balotelli
Agg 4-3

- Draw for the group stages means we'll get a instant test on where we are as we've drawn Barcelona

September
Brilliant run through the month untill i came up against Barcelona who showed we have a **** of a long way to go

Man City 4-0 Stoke
Robber, Hazard, Aguero 2

Man City 2-0 Litex - Champions league match day 1
Dzeko, Robben

Cardiff 0-3 Man City
Aguero 2, O'G

Carlisle 0-4 Man City - Leauge cup 3rd round
Barry 2, Johnson, Milner

Man City 4-0 Aston Villa
Aguero 4

Barcelona 4-1 Man City - Champions league match day 2
Dzeko

October
October had a minor hiccup where we were lucky to escape with a point against Sporting Lisbon and came equally as close to Blackburn

West Brom 0-2 Man City
Aguero, Dzeko

Man Utd 1-3 Man City
Aguero 3

Man City 5-1 Newcastle
Modric, Kolarov, Aguero, o'g, Balotelli

Sporting 1-1 Man City - Champions league match day 3
Aguero

Blackburn 1-1 Man City
Aguero

Man City 3-0 Arsenal - Leauge cup 4th round
Dzeko, Subotic, Balotelli

November
My greatest month in football manager. Never have i seen a month where we would score so many goals and win so many games with such ease.

Arsenal 2-4 Man City
Subotic, Aguero, Hazard, Dezko

Man City 5-0 Sporting - Champions league match day 4
Aguero 2, Modric, Hazard, Johnson

Man City 5-0 Chelsea
Aguero 3, Balotelli, Hamsik

Man City 7-0 Swansea
Aguero 4, Subotic, Hazzard, Kompany

Wigan 0-5 Man City
Modric, Aguero 2, Balotelli, Hamsik

Litex 0-5 Man City - Champions league match day 5
Aguero 3, Balotelli, Silva

Man City 3-0 West ham
Aguero, Hazard, Dzeko

December
A few less goals with a injury to Aguero ruling him out for a few weeks however w good draw at home to Barca although it didnt seem like either side tryed too hard

Man City 2-1 Newcastle - Leauge cup quarter finals
O'G, Aguero

Man City 2-1 Everton
Aguero 2

Man City 0-0 Barcelona - Champions league match day 6

View attachment 230842

Wolves 0-2 Man City
Aguero 2

Man City 3-0 Liverpool
O'G, Aguero 2

Bolton 2-5 Man City
Aguero, Subotic, Balotelli 2, Dzeko

Man City 3-0 Sunderland
Dzeko 3

Ha - I chuckle at your best league record in fm with your greatest rivals! Still not as good a record as Barca had when I was Bilbao though!

Back