DD's Journeyman European Tour

• Thread starter Thread starter Mr_Grieves
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 95
  • Views Views 17K
Cant remember the exact figures but he was on about 60 goals all told by January and Barca were nearly on 100 in the league. Never seen anything like it. They would win 8-0 and he would score 6

January

Man City 3-0 Tottenham
Hazard, Dzeko 2

Newcaste 1-3 Man City - FA Cup 3rd Round
Dzeko 2, Subotic

Fulham 1-3 Man City
Aguero 2, Subotic

Wolves 1-3 Man City - Carling cup semi final 1st leg
Silva, Robben, Dzeko

Man City 3-0 Man Utd
Aguero 3

Stoke 0-2 Man City
Aguero, Hazard

Man City 2-1 Cardiff
Aguero, Hazard

Man City 5-0 Wolves - Carling cup semi final 2nd leg
Milner, Ganso 3, Balotelli

January transfer window

Spent another big dose of my budget £115m to be exact to buy two young stars of world football. Robben has been injury prone to say the least so decided to go back to germany and buy winger Mario Gotze costing £65m and a heep of wages. First time i've ever managed to get him. And to help add to the englishmen in my squad i brought in right back Kyle Walker a ready made replacment for Darijo Srna who will be my back up Right Back

View attachment 230919View attachment 230920

£50M for Kyle Walker!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Dear me. I had him at Newcastleand he was quality but £50m!!!!!!!! Wouldnt pay more than £20m but I suppose u could afford it.

Still had £20m left over but had no space and depth was no issue

February
Almost a perfect month but wont grumble that the only time I didn't win was away to Aston Villa when I got two away wins at Liverpool also at Arsenal and beating Real Madrid conclusively in the first leg

Liverpool 2-3 Man City - FA Cup 4th round
Srna, Aguero, Balotelli

Man City 8-0 West Brom
Barry, Modric 2, Hazard 2, Aguero 3

Aston Villa 1-1 Man City
Aguero

Liverpool 1-3 Man City
Aguero 2, Hamsik

Man city 1-0 Blackburn
Dzeko

Man City 5-2 Real Madrid - Champions league last 16 1st leg
Modric 2, Hamsik, Aguero 2

Arsenal 0-2 Man City - FA Cup 5th round
Hazard, Dzeko

Newcastle 0-1 Man City
Hazard

March
First trophy arrives under my reign with a close but comfortable carling cup win, Progression in the cup and a very very early league win. The quadruple is still on

Aston Villa 0-2 Man City - Carling cup final
Robben, O'G
Aston Villa are really struggling in the league but for some reason we really struggle to put them away but this time we did and I won my 1st trophy in English football. Man City 2-0 Arsenal
O'G, Aguero

Real Madrid 2-2 Man City - Champions league last 16 2nd leg
Robben, Aguero
Agg Man City 7-4 Real Madrid

Chelsea 3-2 Man City
Aguero 2
First domestic defeat of the season

Man City 1-0 Wolves - FA Cup Quarter finals
Dzeko

Swansea 1-4 Man City
Aguero 3, Dzeko
20 points ahead league won after 32 games - Easy

Man City 3-0 Wigan
Bocchetti, Aguero 2

April
Phew what a busy month. Crammed 9 games in April and had success everywhere we needed as we easily won the two semi finals

FC Bayern 1-1 Man City - Champions league Quarter finals 1st leg
Aguero

West Ham 0-2 Man City
Aguero 2

Man City 2-0 Bayern Munich - Champions league Quarter finals 2nd leg
Aguero 2
Agg Man City 3-1 Bayern Munich

Man City 3-0 Wolves
o'g, Aguero, Hamsik

Norwich 0-3 Man City - FA Cup Semi Final
Dzeko 2, Serna

Everton 3-2 Man City
Dzeko, Gotze
2 days after FA Cup semi finals 2 Days before Champions league semi finals. Safe to say where my priority's were

Leverkusen 1-3 Man City - Champions league semi finals 1st leg
O'G, Aguero 2

Man City 4-1 Bolton
Srna, Gotze 2, Dzeko

Man City 4=0 Leverkusen - Champions league semi finals 2nd leg
O'g 2, Aguero, Robben
Agg Man City 7-1 Leverkusen

MAY!!!!!Will do the month of May At some point tomorrow hopefully. Two final victory's away from an amazing quadruple

Last edited:
Merry Merry month of MAY

Final day of the season

Sunderland 0-0 Man City
A poor end to the season but still an amazing season. 100 leauge points over 97+ goal differece. Other records to fall were Aguero getting 62 goals, Biggest premiership win 8-0 to West Brom, most wins in a row 16, most points 100, 120 goals, Aguero's 6 goals against. 2 trophys out of 4 next FA Cup.

FA Cup Final
Wigan 0-3 Man City
Srna, Modric, Aguero​

Domestic treble complete with ease against Wigan who didn't bring much to the fight. Now onto the champions league final.

Champions League Final

Man City 2-2 Barcelona
Hamsik, Dzeko
Barca win 4-3 on Pens​

Brilliant match and we came so close to winning the big one.
Fell behind early on to a David Villa goal but scored our first penalty of the night with Hamsik pulling it level before half time. Villa again put Barcelona ahead and were looking good for the win until Sub Edin Dzeko pulled us level with 4 minutes to go. Through extra Time ewe were on top but missed our last 2 penalty's to just and only just miss out on the big one.

Season Review

First season in England saw Man City sweep the board winning every domestic trophy on offering only loosing two games deservedly at Chelsea then a reserve side lost at Everton but leaves work to do next season with the ambition to go unbeaten and win the Champions League

Easily achieved all my targets for the season but those two league defeats and loosing in the champions league final gives me some fire in the belly to come back and win them next season

Star players were obviously Aguero along with his attacking buddys Modric and Hazard

PRE SEASON REVIEW

Season 4 - 2014/2015

Well after my best season of FM12 as any team I hope to achieve similar levels of success this term. Aim is to win everything an do the quadruple as well as not loosing in the league all season maybe challenging Arsenals 49 game record

Targets
Premiership - Winner
FA cup - Winner
League cup - Winner
Champions league - Final appearance

Main signings

View attachment 232617

Had a much quieter window this time clearing out all my dead wood and unhappiest of players.

Hulk - After helping Brazil to win the world cup I tried to sign there 3 front men all to be back up. Neymar wasn't happy with my contract and turned it down without negotiating, AC Milan weren't letting Pato go even after I'd bided £65m so in the end just got Hulk who's ability to play on the wings means he's a perfect replacement for Super Mario
Jack Rodwell - Had plenty of cash spare and with Rooney unlikely to leave Manchester the next best Englishman I wanted was Rodwell. Not sure how much action he will see but with Barry getting on he is pretty much relegated to a out and out reserve now

Main Player sales
Didn't need to sell anyone to start with but!

A Robben - Was quoted by myself as a big signing last season he flattered to deceived and after several injury before and after he was replaced with Gotze was happy to throw him to Everton with luck we wont get bitten on the *** with this risky move.

Yaya Toure - sent away on loan after nobody wanted to buy him last year but plenty off offers this time so a big save in wages

Mario Balotelli - Ah super Mario had a better 1st half of the season but grew sulky once Gotze arrived and decided to let him go and replace with Hulk

Stefan Savic - Back from Moscow didn't even get the suitcase unpacked before I sold him to Parma

A Kolarov - Training Lescott to be a LEft back and with his English nationality that rules out any need for Kolarov so bye!

Still got cash around £50m in the bank if I feel we need anything else before the window shuts.

The News
In the transfer market Liverpool broke the back to get Lucas Moura for £30m and also spending £10m on Mateo Kovacic as they try to improve on 6th place last season
View attachment 233202

Community shield
Man Utd 0-1 Man City
Rodwell
View attachment 233201

Completed the set of English trophy's by starting the season with a 1-0 win against Man Utd to win the shield for the first time since 1972 thanks to Rodderz coming off the bench to score the winner

August

The News
The Premiership is back! and back with a bang.

Hopes of a undefeated Premiership season didnt even get past the 1st hurdle with an embarrasing defeat on mach day 1. Have made a steady recovery to get back on track with two big wins

Norwich 3-1 Man City
Aguero
Well thats a huge shock to get the season under way. Close game but still no way we should be loosing. Only way is up

Man City 4-1 Leicester
Aguero 2, Milner, Dzeko

Wigan 0-5 Man City
Hazard 2, Subotic, Modric. Milner

UEFA Champions League draw - Group D

View attachment 233208

Again we get a tricky group headed by one of the Spanish giants Real Madrid this time. Hopfully we can get the better of them in Spain this time and go on to win the group.

Mid season review

September

The News
- Man Utd, Chelsea ad Man City level at the top of the Premiership table all on 15 points after 6 games, Norwich, - Wigan and West Brom the only other teams in double figures
- Was great to see Sergio Aguero building up to his best form beat Liverpool in a solid unbeaten month. Madrid next

Man City 2-1 Liverpool
Aguero 2

Red Bull Salzburg 0-4 Man City - Champions league Match day 1
Dzeko 2, Milner, Hazard

Birmingham 0-4 Man City
Aguero, Hamsik, Modric, Dzeko

Man City 1-0 Southampton - Carling cup 3rd round
Shawcross, Silva

Man City 7-1 Fulham
Aguero 5, Hamsik, Hazzard

October

The News
-Big plus beating Real Madrid to put us in pole position just for Ajax to pull me right back down, League form remained strong with only one poor performance against Wolves where we struck it lucky
- Man City Hump Madrid 4-0 in Champions League
- Hamsik misses very late penalty in 0-0 draw to Ajax

Man City 4-0 Real Madrid - Champions league Match day 2
Gotze, Aguero 2, Hamsik

Man City 4-0 Blackburn
Aguero 3, Hamsik

Man City 3-1 Tottenham
Aguero 2, Gotze

Ajax 0-0 Man City - Champions league Match day 3

Wolves 1-3 Man City
Aguero 2, Hulk

Man City 3-1 Blackburn - Carling cup 4th Round
Dzeko, Hulk, Bocchetti

November

The News
- Destroyed Chelsea 5-0 to ruin any hopes of there title
- Alan Pardew quits Newcastle for spurs after there regen manager was sacked

Man City 5-0 West Ham
Hazard 2, Aguero 3

Man City 6-0 Ajax - Champions league Match day 4
Hamsik, Aguero 4, Hulk

Cardiff 0-3 Man City
Aguero 3

Man City 2-0 Everton
Aguero

Aston Villa 1-4 Man City
Gotze, Dzeko, Hulk, Hazard

Man City 2-0 FC Salzburg - Champions league Match day 5
Dzeko, O'G

Man City 5-0 Chelsea
Dzeko, Hazard, Hamsik 2, Subotic

December

The News
- Lost to Man Utd in the derby and to Everton in the league cup to make this the most dissapointing month in my time at city although we are still 5 points clear with the game in hand.
- Man Utd score big win in Manchester Derby
- Man City best Real Madrid to win 6/6 in the Champions League
- Juventus, Inter and Valencia were all surprise exits from the Group stage with the draw for the last 16 giving us Shakter Donetsk

Newcastle 0-3 Man City
Dzeko, Modric, Hazard

Man Utd 3-0 Man City
Man Utd totally bossed the game and the scoreline did not flatter them in the slightest

Real Madrid 1-3 Man City - Champions league Match day 6
Hulk 2, Hamsik

Man City 6-1 Sunderland
Dzeko 3, Gotze, Hulk, Ganso

Arsenal 0-1 Man City
Aguero

Man City 3-0 West Brom
Aguero 2, Hulk

Everton 3-2 Man City - Carling Cup Quarter final - On New years Eve?
Rodwell, Aguero
Think players were ******

Bit gutted to have fallen out of the Carling cup but can overlook that since we topped out champions league group and a a good gap at the top of the premiership. And hopefully my biggest signing ever in January​

what leagues you loaded and when you departing Manchester? any international offers?

Hoping to find a big job in Italy or Spain but will load the top flight of Holland, France and Germany if a good job comes up

Ronaldo Stays at Real Madrid

View attachment 233666

With 6 months of his contract left Man City and Real Madrid finally agreed a fee of £42m but after offering him £250k a week and bonuses galore he accepted a £175k and probably less bonuses. Not happy and will not be making any new signings in protest!​

January

Man city win every game as they slowly returned to top form by the end of the month with Hazzard, Hulk, Hamsik and Aguero returning from injury's

The News
- Rochdale beat Man Utd in 4th round of FA Cup
- In the SPL Ally McCost went from a must win to keep his job in December to manager of the month in January
- No big players moving in the window, Two biggest were Ivan Rakitic from Sevilla to Liverpool for £16m and Z Kuzmanovic from Stuttgart to Man Utd for £13M

Man City 2-1 Blackburn - FA Cup 3rd round
Bocchetti, Johnson

Man City 3-1 Norwich
Aguero 2, De Jong

Leicester 1-4 Man City
Gotze, Aguero 2, Milner

Man City 6-0 Wigan
Aguero 3, Rodwell, Milner, Subotic

Liverpool 0-3 Man City
Kompany, Milner, Aguero

Man City 4-2 Birmingham
Aguero, Dzeko, Hamsik 2

Newcastle 1-3 Man City - FA Cup 4th round
Ganso, Aguero 2

February

Two months of wins shows were in amazing form. Big wins against spurs and Newcastle and a good head start in the Champions league

The News
- Everton added to Man Utd's cup misery by beating them on penalty's in the carling cup final
- Making a very rare league start Adam Johnson scored the fastest premiership goal after 17 seconds

Fulham 0-2 Man City
Walker, Hamsik

Blackburn 1-2 Man City
Aguero 2

Man City 4-0 Newcastle
Johnson, Hulk, Aguero 2

Shakhtar 1-3 Man City - Champions league last 16 1st leg
Hamsik, O'G, Aguero

Everton 1-2 Man City - FA Cup 5th round
Hazard, Dzeko

Tottenham 0-4 Man City
Aguero 3, Hulk

March

A third month of victorys puts us well clear in the title race as well as easy progress in the FA Cup and the Champions League

The News
- Steve Bruce quit Fulham and replaces Tony Pulis at Aston Villa. Fulham appoint West Brom coach Craig Shakespeare
- Chelsea knock out Real Madrid in the last 16
- Aberdeen win the Scottish league cup STAND FREE!!!!!
- Very favorable champions league draw with Zenith in the quarter finals and Lyon or Bayern in the semis
- Winning run continues through whole of march. 3 months with a 100% record. Hope we didn't peak too soon

Man City 2-0 Wolves
O'G, Dzeko

West Ham 0-3 Man Utd
Silva 2, Aguero

Man City 8-0 Shaktar - Champions league last 16 2nd leg
Aguero 2, Dzeko 2, Hulk, Modric 3
Agg - Man City 11-1 Shakter

Man City 6-2 Stoke - FA Cup quarter finals
A Johnson, Silva, Dzeko 2, Milner, Hulk

Man City 4-0 Cardiff
Modric 2, Dzeko 2

April

Regained the title and progressed to the semi finals of the champions league where we hold a 1-0 lead in the Semi finals. Had two draws as well as some close wins that could have gone either way.

The News
- Man City retain the premiership with 4 games to go
- Failed to win for the first time at the bogie ground Stamford bridge. Wining run ends at 19 wins in a row
- Old Team Celtic win the league for 4th time in a row
- Man City eliminate Zenith after a tight first 135 we scored 5 in the second half of the 2nd leg
- FA Cup final will be Man City V West Ham after Man City beat Wigan 3-1

Everton 2-3 Man City
Subotic, O'G, Aguero

Chelsea 1-1 Man City
Hazard

Zenith 1-1 Man City - Champions league quarter final 1st leg
Modric

Man City 5-1 Aston Villa
Aguero 4, Hazard

Man City 6-1 Zenith - Champions league quarter final 2nd leg
Gotze 2, Hamsik, Aguero 2, Hulk
Agg 7-2 Man City - Zenith

Man City 3-1 Wigan - FA Cup Semi Final
Hamsik, Aguero 2

Man City 4-0 Man Utd
Hulk, O'G 2, Gotze

Sunderland 0-3 Man City
Dzeko 2, Lescott

Man City 1-0 Lyon - Champions league Semi Final 1st leg
Hulk

So into may we go with a very slender lead in the Semi Finals. With Chelsea or Man Utd awaiting in the final im determined to make it a all English final. Will be giving reserves and back up players a run out in the league games with a FA Cup final coming up too

May

Man City Offer Donald a new £160K a week contract so will stay on for a 3rd and final season
View attachment 234416

Man City 1-1 Arsenal
Milner

Lyon 3-2 Man City - Champions league Semi Final 2nd leg
Aguero, Dzeko
AGG 3-3 - Man City win on away goals
Lyon were very hard team to beat and was really 50/50 over who went through. Manchester derby in the final. The chance to win my first Champions League against my favorite team!

The FA Cup final
Man City V West Ham

View attachment 234444

Team news
Edin Hazard failed to make it back from his sprained ankle and Nigel De Jong is out for the season with a damaged foot other than that were at full strength

Man City 2-1 West Ham
Aguero 2

The 2015 FA Cup final goes down as the Sergio Aguero final. Partly because he scored both our goals mostly however as very little happened in the match where we had a routine win despite a late goal by the hammers to do the double double

Back