DD's Journeyman European Tour

• Thread starter Thread starter Mr_Grieves
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 95
  • Views Views 17K
Premiership season 2014/15 finale

West Brom 1-6 Man City
Hamsik 2, Modric, Gotze, Hulk, Aguero

Another record breaking season. Most goals ever 129, wins ever 34 and points ever 104.

Top 4 finished miles ahead of the rest liverpool spending there way into the fight for 2nd place. At the other end Leicester and Cardiff went down on the final day, Wolves survivedby 5 goals. Sunderland went down weeks erlyer after a season of turmoil sacking there regen manger, Then Martin O'Neil's assistant John Robertson lasted 3 months before Malky Mackay came in but couldnt change there fortunes

Last edited:
Alan Curbishley quits West Brom to return to West Ham.
Emile Heskey is the new Leicester manager, Not doing any more striker training

Champions League Final

View attachment 234542

Build up

Donald and Ancelotti in spat in the pre match press conference Donald claimed Ancelotti did not deserve to win manager of the year especially after i did the double. Carlo responded by calling me one of the nicest managers in football. Clown!

Both teams have injury worries going into the biggest night in Mancunian football history. Man Utd are without Tom Cleverly and Danny Welbeck while Man City are without key forward Eden Hazard and reserve forces Ryan Shawcross and Jack Rodwell

Man City 1-0 Man Utd
Hulk

View attachment 234539

First half - Back and forth action both sides having great chances to take the lead Hulk missing 1 on 1 and Hernadez also missing a "he's got to score" chance

Second half - Took control of the game and took one of the few chances on the go thanks to Hulk then wound out the games in a boring fashion but successful non the less

View attachment 234540

Unfortunatly one fan was rather merry afterwards and got the year wrong when getting his ink on!
View attachment 234541

What role are you playing Aguero? and what tactic are you using to score so many goals?

^
Im using the same tactic as I did with Celtic. Posted earlier, Unless I play Man Utd or Barca where I play safer usually a third CM

Aguero is playing as a striker but he can roam from position and is playing a free role

PRE SEASON PREVIEW

Season 5 - 2015/2016

Season 4 finally brought me the champions league and my final season will see me target every trophy. Any failure will see this season as a let down.

Targets
Premiership - Winner
FA cup - Winner
League cup - Winner
Champions league - Winner
World Club Championship - Winner

Main transfers

In the transfer window I decided that I was very happy with the squad. Was split between buying superstars like Pato maybe Ronaldo but with this being my last season I decided to stick with what I know and leave some good players at potential clubs I may be managing next season

Man Utd and Liverpool dominated the transfer window with one pretty big exception.
Gareth Bale finally left spurs to join Barcelona and was replaced with Angel Di Maria who has been upset and transfer listed for ever at Man Utd.
Man Utd spent £20m on left Back Benoit Tremoulinas as well as buying Seb Bassong and Aaron Ramsey for £17m each.
Liverpool bought Luc Castaignos from Inter for £22m and Athletic Madrid's Arda Turan for £12m

Pre Season

Man Utd Win the Community Shield

Community Shield
Man Utd 1-1 Man City
Aguero
Pens Man Utd 5-3 Man City
Argh lost the opening game of the season so wont be adding to my 1 shield

Norwich 0-0 Man City

Man City 6-0 Newcastle
Hulk 3, O'G, Gotze, Aguero

Man City Win European Super Cup

European Super Cup
Athletico Madrid 1-3 Man City
Aguero, Hulk, Dzeko

View attachment 235307

Champions league draw

Were in an awkward but winnable group with Lyon, CSKA Moscow and Dinamo

View attachment 235306

Yep but at least we ar still unbeaten this time. 25 game run so can beat Arsenal's 49 game record

September

The news
Man City go through the whole month winning every game without conceding a goal
Cardiff knock out Arsenal in the 3rd round of the Carling cup
Was offered the Mexico job but turned it down so. Waiting for the job rush after the Euro's in 2016. Already qualified are Hosts France, Portugal, Germany, Belgium, England, Spain and best to last Israel

Man City 5-0 Stoke
Rodwell, Silva, Aguero, Johnson, Srna

Lyon 0-2 Man City - Champions League match day 1
Hamsik, Modric

Fulham 0-1 Man City
Aguero

Leeds 0-4 Man City - Carling Cup 3rd Round
Dzeko, Hulk, De Jong, Ganso

Man City 5-0 Aston Villa
Aguero, Hazard 3, Dzeko

Man City 4-0 Olympiakos - Champions League match day 2
O'G, Aguero, Gotze

The news
From the latest teams going to the Euro's in France by far the biggest surprise is ARMENIA qualifying above Serbia in England's group.
The two Manchester teams lead the way in the Premiership
Unbeaten run up to 32 games

Wolves 0-1 Man City
Aguero

Swansea 0-2 Man City
Aguero 2

Man City 3-1 Wigan
Hulk 2, Aguero

Benfica 1-1 Man City - Champions League match day 3
Hazard

Everton 1-1 Man City
Hamsik

Man City 3-0 Sunderland - Carling Cup 4th Round
Dzeko, Johnson, Srna

Man City 6-0 Ipswich
Aguero, Hamsik 2, Subotic, Hazard 2

The News
Gap at the top down top 1 point between Manchester giants
Unbeaten run up to 36 games in the league
Newcastle sack Regen Reject Robbie Galbrith and brought in former Everton and Arsenal manager David Moyes

Man City 2-0 Benfica - Champions League match day 4
Dzeko, Aguero

West Ham 0-2 Man Utd
Aguero 2

Man City 6-0 Blackburn
Aguero 2, Hulk, Dzeko 2, Modric

Chelsea 1-1 Man City
Aguero

Man City 4-0 Lyon - Champions League match day 5
Aguero 4

Man City 6-0 Birmingham
Dzeko 4, Hulk, O'G

The news
Man City win World Club Championships
Man City win Champions league, Comfortably from Benfica. Liverpool and PSG are the two biggest teams to fall out of the competition
First Knockout phase gave us a favorable draw against Ajax
Wigan sack Martinez and replace him with Swansea manager Graeme Jones
West Ham sack Curbishley and they took Steve Clark from Blackburn who complete the job swap by hiring Curbz
West Brom sack Paul Jewel following there 4-0 thumping at home to Man City swiftly replacing him with reject regen Robbie Galbrath
Swansea Hire Luciaen Favre? Yep him from Gladbach!

Olympiakos 1-4 Man City - Champions League match day 6
O'G, , Dzeko 2, Modric

Man City 3-1 Arsenal
Hulk, Aguero 2

West Brom 0-4 Man City
Aguero 2, Hulk 2

Al-Ahil 0-4 Man City - World Club cup Semi Finals
Aguero 3, Hazard

World Club Championship - Final
Man City 5-1 ES Tunis
Hulk, Aguero, Modric, Hazard, Subotic

Man City 3-1 Liverpool - Carling cup Quarter Final
Hazard, Aguero 2

Man City 2-0 Norwich
Aguero, Gotze

Newcastle 1-5 Man City
Aguero 2, Hulk, Dzeko 2

Its all setting up quite nicely. Right in the fight for the title with Man Utd while we have only got Brighton to overcome to reach the Carling Cup Final and a got draw in the Champions league.

Success in the world club championships was no shock but a welcome addition to the trophy cabinet

As of December the 31st it stands at 40. Just away to start up today so hopefully we'll pull it off.

Got Spurs home and away and liverpool at home in that time. The big 50 i believe will be at Wigan or Old Trafford if theres any fixture changes because of the FA Cup

January

The News
Aguero injured against Spurs and out for the month
Man City Easily overcome Brighton to reach the Carling Cup Final
Man City Enjoy there longest unbeaten run ever spanning 43 games in all competition by the end of the month as well as being 45 games unbeaten in the league
Shocks in the 3rd round of the FA Cup with Man Utd falling too Peterborugh then again in the 4th round with Arsenal and Liverpool being knocked out by rivals Southampton and Portsmouth
January's main moves were David Santon leaving Newcastle to join Marseille. Man Utd's main Purchase was Charles Kobore, Liverpool got Sergey Parshivlyuk both costing £18m while Chelsea brought Fabio back to the premiership after short spell in Madrid who made the biggest two signing in January. Erik Lamela £23.5m and Loic Remy £22m . Again Man City was dormant

Burton 0-6 Man City - FA Cup 3rd Round
Dzeko 3, O'G Rodwell 2

Man City 5-1 Spurs
Aguero, Modric, Rodwell, Hulk 2

Man City 3-0 Swansea
O'G, Dzeko 2

Man City 4-0 Brighton - Carling Cup Semi Final 1st leg
Gotze, Silva, Hulk, Rodwell

Stoke 1-2 Man City
Dzeko, Silva

Man City 5-0 Fulham
Dzeko 2, Hazard, Gotze 2

Aston Villa 1-2 Man City
Dzeko 2

Brighton 0-1 Man City - Carling Cup Semi Final 2nd leg
Gotze

Blackburn 1-2 Man City - FA Cup 4th Round
Aguero 2

- Forgot to take a picture of the table

February

News
Former Evertonin Jack "Rodderz" Rodwell hits hattrick against Liverpool as City destroy them 5-1
Eden Hazard out for season with a torn Calf Muscle
Man City win back the Carling Cup
Man City break Arsenal record for matches unbeaten in the premiership
Man City move 5 points clear with a game in hand in the league

Man City 2-0 Wolves
Aguero, Modric

Spurs 0-3 Man City
O'G, Aguero, Modric

Man City 5-1 Liverpool
Rodwell 3, Hulk, Aguero

Wigan 0-1 Man City - 49 Premiership games unbeaten
Rodwell

Ajax 0-1 Man City - Champions league last 16 1st leg
Aguero

Man City 5-0 Fulham - FA Cup 5th round
Modric, Aguero 3, Dzeko

Man Utd 1-1 Man City
Gotze

We did it! Finally getting to 50 matches undefeated and this time thankfully Man could not couldn't stop the party
On the downside it ends another amazing run of 25 wins in a row

Carling Cup Final

Team news - Man City without long term injury victims Marek Hamsik and Eden Hazard

Man City 3-0 Tottenham
Aguero 2, Gotze
The unbeatables Man City were totally domination with victory secured with two Aguero goals before halftime with Gotze finishing it off after 50 minutes

Current records in Running
50 games unbeaten in Premiership/Domestic league*
51 games unbeaten in all competition

* Current best ever domestic run
104 - Steaua Bucuresti - 1986-1989
62 - Celtic - 1915/1917
58 - AC Milan - 1991-1993
56 - Benfica - 1976-1978
55 - Porto - 2010-2012
52 - Ajax - 1994-1996

So if we stay unbeaten for the rest of the season we can go 3rd with 60 matches. Very tempted but wont be staying on as it would need more than another season to break the record and i said that 3 years was my maximum.

time to move methinks darran me old mucker

3 seasons is the maximum so i have between the end of season awards and the day of the premiership fixtures being anounced to get job elsewhere otherwise its resign and wait

March

Very frustrating month. Awful performances against West Ham and Ipswich and our first loss in 58 games in all competition against Barcelona

News
All the group winners progress from the last 16 meaning early exits for Real Madrid, Bayern Munich and Inter Milan
Stoke taken over by fans group
Sergio Aguero becomes Man Citys record league goal scorer with the winner against Blackburn
Champions League quarter finals draw Man City v Barcelona with the winner facing Man Utd or Chelsea in the Semi final
The aforementioned Champions League quarter final with Barcelona was my 300th game in management
In the league were 6 points clear with 4 games to go and in good shape to make it 3 in a row

Kris this ones for you

Ipswich 3-3 Man City
Gotze, Kompany, O'G

Man City 2-0 Ajax - Champions league last 16 2nd leg
Aguero, Hulk
Agg Man City 3-0 Ajax

Man City 2-2 West Ham
Hulk, Aguero

Man City 4-1 Everton
Aguero 3, Gotze

Man City 4-0 Sheff Utd - FA Cup 6th Round
Dzeko Johnson 3

Blackburn 0-1 Man City
Aguero

Man City 2-0 Chelsea
Aguero, Gotze

Man City 1-2 Barcelona - Champions league quarter final 1st leg
Hulk

News
Reached FA Cup final where we'll play Southampton who beat Coventry 9-0 in the semi final
Our Mega unbeaten run and unbeaten season is ruined by Arsenal after 57 games unbeaten as i was celebrating Arteta scoring in real life
Generally a feeling that we were running out of steam in March with some dodgy performances and April continued that where we were no match for Barca in the big match

Birmingham 0-1 Man City
Srna

Barcelona 2-0 Man City - Champions league quarter final 2nd leg

Man City 2-0 West Brom
Aguero, Clichy

Arsenal 2-1 Man City
Johnson

Birmingham 0-2 Man City AET - FA Cup Semi Final
Dzeko, O'G

Man City 1-1 Man Utd
Aguero

Liverpool 0-0 Man City

Man City won The premiership for the third time without kicking a ball as Man UTd drew. West Ham and Fulham also go down. Was far from the dominant team from last season. Felt as if we were really lacking the firepower in the team and that this was the end of an era ebbing out. Change needed all round

The FA Cup Final

View attachment 236704

Southampton 0-2 Man City
Dzeko 2

Total domination by the premiership side as the watlzed to the domestic treble, The second under Darran Donalds management which saw them have a record of 18 games 18 wins in Donalds 3 years at the club

Yeah away to play up till the end of the season and get new job before I go to football tonight so new job announcement imminent

AC Milan shock the world by beating Barcelona 2-1 in the champions league final

Eden Hazzard wins Europes best player

Liverpool Sack Sam Allerdyce after a horrific 6th place finish and is replaced with Steve Bruce from Aston Villa who Hire Kenny Jackett in his place.

Fresh from the sale of Newcastle Mike Ashley bought Arsenal and kicks off with an amazing bit of buisness as they sign a unhappy Wayne Rooney for £5m!!!!

View attachment 237019View attachment 237022

Donald resigns from Man City

The clubs most successful manager and 3 triple premiership winner Darran Donald today resigned as manager of Man City following his 2nd FA Cup win claiming it was time for a new challenge

Man City quickly announced a succesor with Roberto Mancini making a return to the Etihad 3 years after being sacked

Back