Del Piero offers to sign 'blank' contract

sunilvk7

SAF greatest ever.
Reaction score
Alessandro Del Piero has offered to sign a blank contract to stay with Juventus after flatly denying he was holding out for more money in talks for a new deal.

"I've signed my first blank contract with Juventus," said the 36-year-old Juve captain, out of contract in June, said in a video on his official website.

"I'll sign my last one to wear this jersey blank too," he added after admitting to having been stung by rumours he was holding the club to ransom.

The forward, who has made a record 667 appearances and scored 280 goals for Juve in a career spanning two decades, has played a more peripheral part this season.
The Turin giants have struggled, scoring four goals from 12 starts.

"The driving force in my career has always been a deep love for football, for the Juventus colours and for its fans," he said.

"It's not about money. I've earned a lot in my life, though I could have earned more if I'd accepted certain offers."

The Bianconeri brought in forwards Alessandro Matri and another veteran Luca Toni in the winter transfer window, but Del Piero is desperate to play a part next season when Juventus will play at their brand new stadium.

"I spoke with the president (Andrea Agnelli) not about financial matters but my willingness to make myself available for next season," said Del Piero.

"My passion and my will to win that has been with me from the Viareggio (youth) tournament to the World Cup, not to mention Serie B," he added. "My ties to the colours and the fans cannot be measured in numbers."

delpieroo.jpg

One word. LEGEND.

One of the most loyal players to have played the game. Legend, Role Model to any young player wanting to play the game. Absolutely love watching him play. It would be a sad day to see him call it a day.

I wish he could play forever..

Last edited:
I would like to see more players like him. Not playing for the money but for the love of the club and the game. What a legend!

I would like to see more players like him. Not playing for the money but for the love of the club and the game. What a legend!

Exactly. There are very few players who can be mentioned in the same line as Del Piero. One of the nicest person and one of the most loyal player.

Never abandoned sinking ship, instead helped Juve to get back to Serie A.

Legend and Genius.

world class player even at 30+ maybe not the last season or two but such an ideal player/role model & professional to have in the game, credit to himself and the club

It's always great to see such loyal player in an age where players only play for the money.

Take note footballers who simply play for the money. THIS is what fans want to hear.

Last edited:
Absolutely legendary Del Piero. I'm amazed with him, once again.

Take note Benoit Assou-Ekoto. THIS is what fans want to hear. And THIS is what a great player looks like.

And you signaled out BAE for what reason? Because he actually speaks his mind?

STAY ON TOPIC, please....

We are on topic... The thread is about Del Piero playing for the love of football, not money and I was pointing out that Benoit Assou-Ekoto is one player who does the opposite..

We are on topic... The thread is about Del Piero playing for the love of football, not money and I was pointing out that Benoit Assou-Ekoto is one player who does the opposite..

Love how you only picked out BAE, a Spurs player...

Good on Del Piero, top player.

Love how you only picked out BAE, a Spurs player...

Good on Del Piero, top player.

Who is possibly the only player to come out and say he only plays for the money? Name another player who has done so.

Urr no - because he actually admitted it an interview: http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/may/01/benoit-assou-ekotto-tottenham-hotspur

It has nothing to do with being a Spurs player, though I'm sure you would have done the same thing had an Arsenal player said that..

Don't over react..

Have you actually properly read the article? If you have, then you will see that he speaks a lot of the truth and talks a lot of sense.

"If I play football with my friends back in France, I can love football," he says. "But if I come to England, where I knew nobody and I didn't speak English … why did I come here? For a job. A career is only 10, 15 years. It's only a job. Yes, it's a good, good job and I don't say that I hate football but it's not my passion.

A large proportion of foreign players come over for the very same reason, and if anything I respect BAE for his honesty and aslong as he gives 100% in the spurs shirt then I dont care what his passions are.

Who is possibly the only player to come out and say he only plays for the money? Name another player who has done so.

El Hadji Diouf?

There's lots tbh.

Ale' has been my idol since I was a kid, watching Serie A on Football Italia, Channel 4.

Consummate professional. Still has ability in the bucket-load. Great captain.

As said, when he hangs his boots up, probably after next season, it'll be a sad day for football. The testimonial, however, will be absolutely rocking.

El Hadji Diouf?

There's lots tbh.

Source?

I'd never heard of it before BAE, I'm sure loads of players do play for the money, just never heard of any who have been so public about it.