marksj2

Reaction score
Tactic Name: Destress 41230

Tactic Formation: 41230

Screenshot of Tactic:
View attachment 113022

Tactical Information: A lot of inspiration has come from Xper's Advanced Warfare and Jpassal's tactic. I wanted to create something dominant, and reliable on both attack and defence. I by no means am a tactical expert (this is my first tactic!) so I may not be able to answer all of your questions but I do believe I have made something amazing.

Also do be aware that I have a ridiculously strong team, but the results I am getting now compared to the results I was getting previously is a massive improvement.

PLEASE DONT PLUG AND PLAY THIS TACTIC AND BE ANGRY IF IT DOESNT WORK. Let it build familiarity with your team and then use the tactic.

Your key players are the Raumdeuter's. These players will make great diagonal runs into the space that the Enganche creates - who is also an integral part.

For great Raumdeuter's, get strikers/inside forwards and retrain. Otherwise players like Coutinho/Erikson/Sanchez will be great.

Enganche - Ideal players is Dybala - creative, expert passer, great finisher.

Opposition Instructions:
View attachment 113021

Training: Balanced + Attacking movement

Further Comments + Extra Screenshots: Please help me test this tactic with all kinds of teams!
View attachment 113017
View attachment 113020
View attachment 113019

Terrible opposition but so many shots! Ive made adjustments to fix the amount of long shots below so don't be put off by these.
View attachment 113018

https://imgur.com/a/iJCgl

A lot of testing is required so let me know how you go!

Link to tactic: Destress 41230

Last edited:
2021 people will be skeptical, try it from a new save :p

Its a beast of atactic with lot of potential .
Beat Bayern with 4-2 . Im FC Sankt Pauli 4th season . I had 9 CCC's .

Second game : German Cup
586354d67f308-Furstenwalde_v_FC_St._Pauli__Analysis_Post-Match.png

Last edited:
Tactic Name: Destress 41230

Tactic Formation: 41230

Screenshot of Tactic:
View attachment 1094889

Tactical Information: A lot of inspiration has come from Xper's Advanced Warfare and Jpassal's tactic. I wanted to create something dominant, and reliable on both attack and defence. I by no means am a tactical expert (this is my first tactic!) so I may not be able to answer all of your questions but I do believe I have made something amazing.

Also do be aware that I have a ridiculously strong team, but the results I am getting now compared to the results I was getting previously is a massive improvement.

PLEASE DONT PLUG AND PLAY THIS TACTIC AND BE ANGRY IF IT DOESNT WORK. Let it build familiarity with your team and then use the tactic.

Your key players are the Raumdeuter's. These players will make great diagonal runs into the space that the Enganche creates - who is also an integral part.

For great Raumdeuter's, get strikers/inside forwards and retrain. Otherwise players like Coutinho/Erikson/Sanchez will be great.

Enganche - Ideal players is Dybala - creative, expert passer, great finisher.

Opposition Instructions:
View attachment 1094890

Training: Balanced + Attacking movement

Further Comments + Extra Screenshots: Please help me test this tactic with all kinds of teams!
View attachment 1094894
View attachment 1094891
View attachment 1094892

Terrible opposition but so many shots! Ive made adjustments to fix the amount of long shots below so don't be put off by these.
View attachment 1094893

https://imgur.com/a/iJCgl

A lot of testing is required so let me know how you go!

Link to tactic: Destress 41230

People - as I said everyone can make tactics - so if someone make a tactic and release it you should be happy they did becourse its a free service given too you. The more people that creates tactics and release it the better it is - at one point one of them strike gold or is very solid or do things that teach the user to get inspired and implement some of the ideas and maybe create something even stronger - remember that.

Marksj2 - What do you think I'm thinking? - Jesus mother of god :D - (That sounded so wrong on so many levels) - What excites me here is the use of my favourite CM role CM attack 2 of those - the Enganche & the 2 Raumdeuters - that's 5 players that excites me - I should be careful not to get a stroke :D

For me this is thinking outside the box the way you put this together - I'm loving your idea and I already saw a fraction of it - all I wanna say is it looks really exciting - if you have cm's who is fairly quick - composed and can finish (Dele Alli) you will see them make channel runs and be one on one with the keeper - their is noway the opponent can defend against these types of midfielders - even better is their is lots of open space for these cm's due to the Raumdeuters covering of the wide areas - Fantastic idea!!!! - I know I am hyping your tactic right now - I have a good feeling - gut feeling you might say :D

For some reason this tactic also show defensive quality - the best teams will have problems in their home ground - that excites me alot.

You cannot take longshots out of the equation - they are just their - part of the match engine - a match engine that the developers try to make as realistic as possible. You people maybe think what about the raumdeuters - for me its to soon to say - I'm extra exited about this tactic becourse its using roles that previously failed in fm16 - the want to improve these roles must be motivating for the creators.

Mark thank you for releasing this tactic - brilliant initiative - I hope people will give you the credit you deserve and actually try this out - I'm telling you lots of promise!!!!!

Best christmas present ever :D - Cheers mate

Way to go pal, but a friendly advise! Start a new save with a mid table team with players that suit your style of play and see how it works out there. You will get massive interest if it works first season with a smaller team. I will follow thread and see if someone posts screens from that kind of tests:)

People - as I said everyone can make tactics - so if someone make a tactic and release it you should be happy they did becourse its a free service given too you. The more people that creates tactics and release it the better it is - at one point one of them strike gold or is very solid or do things that teach the user to get inspired and implement some of the ideas and maybe create something even stronger - remember that.

Marksj2 - What do you think I'm thinking? - Jesus mother of god :D - (That sounded so wrong on so many levels) - What excites me here is the use of my favourite CM role CM attack 2 of those - the Enganche & the 2 Raumdeuters - that's 5 players that excites me - I should be careful not to get a stroke :D

For me this is thinking outside the box the way you put this together - I'm loving your idea and I already saw a fraction of it - all I wanna say is it looks really exciting - if you have cm's who is fairly quick - composed and can finish (Dele Alli) you will see them make channel runs and be one on one with the keeper - their is noway the opponent can defend against these types of midfielders - even better is their is lots of open space for these cm's due to the Raumdeuters covering of the wide areas - Fantastic idea!!!! - I know I am hyping your tactic right now - I have a good feeling - gut feeling you might say :D

For some reason this tactic also show defensive quality - the best teams will have problems in their home ground - that excites me alot.

You cannot take longshots out of the equation - they are just their - part of the match engine - a match engine that the developers try to make as realistic as possible. You people maybe think what about the raumdeuters - for me its to soon to say - I'm extra exited about this tactic becourse its using roles that previously failed in fm16 - the want to improve these roles must be motivating for the creators.

Mark thank you for releasing this tactic - brilliant initiative - I hope people will give you the credit you deserve and actually try this out - I'm telling you lots of promise!!!!!

I wish more people will follow your lead mate, so much positivity, such a great guy

Mark I agree with everything Jes has said here

**** another strikerless formation....

is it possible to make this tactic good but with striker?

would it ruined it?

I made a tweak of this with more stabile defence (couse with average team is very leaky) and with DLF on support... testing it now... 1st game lost away to atletico 1:0 and second game smashed newcastle at home 5:0... will post more results later if it works ofcourse :))

Thanks mate, means a lot!!

Its pretty exciting to watch to say the least. So many different attacking options and routes to goal, but also strong defensively as you have the half back holding the middle while the IWB's drop inside and become your replacement CM's while the two CM-attack's are making forward runs, it's a delight!

Yea the long shots are something im not 100% sure of, I set everyone to take less long shots apart from the Eng but i'm not sure if that was the right move... thoughts?

Another thing that could be improved is the halfback. Essentially I want a player who holds the middle of the park when attacking and breaks up counter attacks without moving too far from the centre. As a halfback I find the CB's pull too far wide, and with the anchor, the Anchor doesn't move enough as I would like... what do you think the best options are?

Let me know once you've given it a go!

is it possible to make this tactic good but with striker?

would it ruined it?
I think if you played a F9 or a DLF it would be ok, whereas a Advanced forward wouldnt work as well becuase the main role of this player is to create space and play in the Raud's/CM's. In thinking that, probably a Trequistra would do well.

I made a tweak of this with more stabile defence (couse with average team is very leaky) and with DLF on support... testing it now... 1st game lost away to atletico 1:0 and second game smashed newcastle at home 5:0... will post more results later if it works ofcourse :))
Thanks for the feedback and glad you are getting results! Who are you playing with and what changes did you make?

Thanks for the feedback and glad you are getting results! Who are you playing with and what changes did you make?

Ok mate so first thing first... i used different Opposite instructions! i fond that these ones can improve any tactic alot! i think it helps defensively...

1094764d1482860622t-venom-4-1-2-3-dm-attack-best-defence-oppositon.png

then i changed:

*Defensive middfielder role to DEfensive Midfielder (Defend)
*put on all defenders "tackle harder" option
*change striker to "Deep lying Forward" on SUPPORT duty + add "shoot less often, tackle harder, move into channels" options
*On team instructions take off "Use ofside trap" duty
*Mentality changed to "Standard"

so its quet alot :) but just look at the results! specialy man city away game! mate you find a magic thing!!!
View attachment 112935

ive been tweaking for around 100 games (all played in KEY mode) so i am going to start a proper save! :)) at leats i can enjoy FM17!

OHHH by the way! I REALLY recommend to use TIME WASTE tactic! This mentality is VERY FLUID so its always conceding at the last 15 mins! we have to protect the lead!

here is the tweak to download if some one want to...

https://www.mediafire.com/?0ampoqoa0hv0uvg

Last edited:
Ok mate so first thing first... i used different Opposite instructions! i fond that these ones can improve any tactic alot! i think it helps defensively...

then i changed:

*change striker to "Deep lying Forward" on SUPPORT duty + add "shoot less often, tackle harder, move into channels" options

so its quet alot :) but just look at the results! specialy man city away game! mate you find a magic thing!!!
View attachment 1094981

ive been tweaking for around 100 games (all played in KEY mode) so i am going to start a proper save! :)) at leats i can enjoy FM17!

OHHH by the way! I REALLY recommend to use TIME WASTE tactic! This mentality is VERY FLUID so its always conceding at the last 15 mins! we have to protect the lead!

Cheers Wigo, good insight!

What is KEY?

I agree, the defensive midfielder change was the one I have been looking for! the HB wasnt quite working how I wanted it to.

Im not too sure on the Opp instructions however as they may lose the shape a bit too much? And how is the DLF working out for you?

Ive made some changes to play more narrow to make the Raud's more effective at dragging the RB and LB and have increased the tempo so there is more quick and short passing in the final third along with going very fluid > fluid to give more control along with some small other ones. I will keep testing and see how we go!

Berahino as deep lying forvard scored 5 goals in 6 games :) whats the key? Maybe its opposite instructions... for example same ones improved tff's reaver alot... or maybe its just a perfect combination of reumdeuters and invert wing backs :) keep on improving mate! New DM position gave more solid defense but as you said i think maybe there is some space to work with wing backs... i dont know in my tweak today i played about 100 games... cant even think properly right now :DDD

Berahino as deep lying forvard scored 5 goals in 6 games :) whats the key? Maybe its opposite instructions... for example same ones improved tff's reaver alot... or maybe its just a perfect combination of reumdeuters and invert wing backs :) keep on improving mate! New DM position gave more solid defense but as you said i think maybe there is some space to work with wing backs... i dont know in my tweak today i played about 100 games... cant even think properly right now :DDD

Put here the link of the Time Waste tactic mate and cheers for the share of the tactic :)

I am using the same one from TFF tactic Reaver :)

*** By the way guys!!! i find out that tactic is making alot of shots but sometimes not so many ON TARGET. for example 14 shot 4 on target in first half... so it should help if you tick BE MORE DISCIPLINE instead of BE MORE EXPRESSIVE! :)

Last edited:
This tactic is insane!

I have been running through loads of tactics all using a base start save with Spurs and I was a bit apprehensive using a strikerless tactic as I prefer to use a more conventional looking one. Playing FM Touch 17.2, tactic & OI's from opening post. *** Man on general training and training the players in the position that they will be playing.

Over the first half of the season I have gone unbeaten in all competitions, Premier League P19 W15 D4 L0 F56 A13 P49.

3 the draws were away to Man Utd (Rose got sent off after 30 mins), Man City & Arsenal and the other was at home to Watford!

Standout performers are Harry Kane as the Enganche who has got nearly a goal a game, P17 16 goals 7.98avg, Dele Alli as a CMa P27 17 goals, 15 assists 8.05avg. It really does produce some beautiful football to watch.

To be fair I managed 51 points with TFF's Vortex V6 over the same test period but it petered out over the second half of the season as many tactics seem to on this years game. This tactic feels alot more solid though so interested to see how it performs over the second half of the season.

Will report back and am happy to put some screens up if someone tells me a simple way of doing it!

then i changed:

View attachment 1094981

Your tweak looks promising. I'm gonna try this one.