What shooting tweak are new in V6 exactly? I'm at work, so can't check right now.

Anyway, I'm still using two shadow strikers with Dresden. I started season two in Bundesliga 2, but V4 with 1 striker didn't do it for me. After 11 games and 12 place, I made the striker an AMCR. Made all players shoot less often to create more through balls which creates a lot of ccc's. Also the RB got more risky passes just as the LB. Basically it's almost the same as V2, only better set pieces and more CCC's as they look for a pass instead of always shoot since I made the tweak from V4, which have better set pieces.

Anyway, I finished the season amazingly and ended 2nd. Therefore I got Dresden from Liga 3 to Bundesliga in two seasons. Strikerless is still the best. I would still like a better attacking corner tactic, that would have made it even more epic.

Best Tactic until now...if you read all in OP...

The only "problem" for is just one...i have always many cornes and the ratio of goal are very poor.
Maybe with a better corner setup ... BOOM

Ya. I kinda feel the same that's why set corners to be taken to penalty mark with both center backs attacking near and far posts. On free kicks I set to cross center and I'm scoring way more goals now.

On the other side, I also changed defensive line + defensive midfielder (as support role now) to close down more and my team only allow opposite teams to shoot a couple times on target per game. It's a total anihilation.

Ya. I kinda feel the same that's why set corners to be taken to penalty mark with both center backs attacking near and far posts. On free kicks I set to cross center and I'm scoring way more goals now.

On the other side, I also changed defensive line + defensive midfielder (as support role now) to close down more and my team only allow opposite teams to shoot a couple times on target per game. It's a total anihilation.

Looking to tweak the D Line here as well (playing with youth and pace is not great), what did you drop it to?
On your DM, just changed role to support? Any PI changes as well?

Looking to tweak the D Line here as well (playing with youth and pace is not great), what did you drop it to?
On your DM, just changed role to support? Any PI changes as well?

Only teak I did on defense was set right/left back to close down more and both center backs to close down much more.

Defensive midfielder is now playing as support with close down more and fewer risky passes active. Everything else is the same as original tactic (note that you'll need to activate hold position because it gets unticked when you switch from defensive to suport role as it is set by default at the start).

I did these changes because I noticed most goals were happening from counter-attacks and direct passes on the back of the defense. This totaly covered that issue because made players to reduce the gap between lines. At same time, defensive midfielder is now an useful unit on the attack when team is pushing opponent hard into their box instead acting like a third center back as it was before (in my opinion).

Just finished my 4th season and managed to concede only 12 goals home in 28 matches. At some point had a 11 games streak without conceding at home. I do not have a super stellar team so I honestely belive this tactic completely allows players to overperform.

[img]http://i.imgur.com/HnRYl8Q.jpg[/img]

Last edited:
Tried this tactic last night - but have been playing all season to date with 3 at the back (lack of full backs). So adapted it to make it a 3-1-4-2.
The def..mid stays the same buy also changed to support.
The spare CD shifted into midfield as a BWM.
So far working great but still prob need to tweak in regards to width and defensive line.
Fair to say that the back 4 roles owe a lot to the 3-1-4-2 Juve tactic that is on this forum.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

tried these tweaks work a charm a1
Only teak I did on defense was set right/left back to close down more and both center backs to close down much more.

Defensive midfielder is now playing as support with close down more and fewer risky passes active. Everything else is the same as original tactic (note that you'll need to activate hold position because it gets unticked when you switch from defensive to suport role as it is set by default at the start).

I did these changes because I noticed most goals were happening from counter-attacks and direct passes on the back of the defense. This totaly covered that issue because made players to reduce the gap between lines. At same time, defensive midfielder is now an useful unit on the attack when team is pushing opponent hard into their box instead acting like a third center back as it was before (in my opinion).

Just finished my 4th season and managed to concede only 12 goals home in 28 matches. At some point had a 11 games streak without conceding at home. I do not have a super stellar team so I honestely belive this tactic completely allows players to overperform.

View attachment 200790

just tried v6 with edoffs defensive tweaks working a charm excellent stuff conceded 1 to bayern away counter atacks seem to be nulified

really solid i know i won by two penaltys but the main thing against stronger teams is not to conceed

Last edited:
if ttf wouldnt mind but all it is is turn the dm into support and reclick hold position the fbaks to close down more and cbs much more like edoff says in post 579

Back