Diablo's 'POWER LEAGUE' returns- Three sides to every story/ A 3 player network game

Who is your favourite manager?

• Soppy

Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Lewie100

Votes: 9 52.9%
  • Abesince1982

Votes: 4 23.5%

• Total voters

abesince1982

Reaction score

753071d1421767306-four-sides-every-story-%7C-4-player-network-story-powegos_2.jpg

3 Player Network Game | There are 3 Sides to Every Story

We welcome you back to the 'Power League'

Originally created by the highly regarded Diablodunka.

"This story will be told from 3 unique perspectives as each manager will give their respected take on their season and how they feel it is performing. There are specific rules that each manager has to follow and regulations to keep the game realistic. We hope you follow our progress and we look forward to your interaction."

R U L E S:

What is the Power League?
(1.1) The power league is a concept that will test the best of football manager, limited in the 1st seasons transfer windows (except the super loan) you will have only the squad given to you to fight to the top of the league. Seasons after your first you may use the 'Chosen Ones' rule to buy players which is also limited but doesn't restrict you entirely. You may of course sign Coaches and Scouts at anytime.

'First Season' Restriction.

(2.1) If it is your first season with a club you will have your transfers disabled for one season except the option to sign the'p2p loan' and the 'Super Loan'. If you manage to last an entire season within the 'Power League' you will have earned the right to buy players for next season under the 'Galacticos' Rule.

Super Loan.
(3.1) The super loan is available for your first season in charge of the club as transfers are restricted to you. You may (attempt to) loan one player from any club for a season long loan. If you end his loan or he receives a long term injury you will not be able to replace him with another. Be very careful as to who you choose!

Galacticos.
(4.1) After your first season in charge of a club you will be handed the incredible luxury of signing players. However, you will be limited. The limit is based on where your respected club will finish based on the in-game 'media prediction'. However, if you manage to win any competition or trophy you will be granted bonus signings.

1st to 4th - The Elite clubs will be able to transfer and Loan up to 3 players.
5th to 8th - The top 4 challengers will be able to transfer and Loan up to 4 players.
9th to 12th - The High-Table clubs will be able to transfer and Loan up to 5 players.
13th to 16th - The Mid-table clubs will be able to transfer and Loan up to 6 players.
17th to 20th - The relegation battlers will be able to transfer and Loan up to 7 players.
Trophy Win - You are permitted to sign one additional player for every trophy or competition you win.

Transfers of players.
(5.1) If you wish to transfer a player into your club you will have to pay at least 50% of his fee up front. e.g. If a player costs 20M, you will have to pay 10M of your current transfer budget up front. You can may then use the 'additional fees' option to facilitate the rest of the sum.

Additional Fees:
Monthly Installments: ALLOWED (but only over a 12 Month Period.)
Players To Exchange: ALLOWED
After League Appearances: NOT ALLOWED
Per League Appearance: NOT ALLOWED
After International Appearances: NOT ALLOWED
Minimum League Goals: NOT ALLOWED
After Promotion: NOT ALLOWED

(5.2) If you put your team in a negative wage or negative transfer budget after a transfer window you will be removed as manager of that team. You will then have a choice to take control of a team that is predicted relegation or leave the 'Power League'.

(5.3) At the end of each transfer window the admin will look to see if each player has brought their players with these rules, if they haven't they will be removed as manager of that team. You will then have a choice to take control of a team that is predicted relegation or leave the 'Power League'.

P2P Loan
(6.1) Each player once a season are allowed to loan one player from another players respected club. You can loan as many players from your club as you wish but you may only bring in one loan from another club.

(6.2) This loan does not affect your overall transfer limit and is separate. e.g. If your limit for the season is 5 transfers, you will have 5 transfers plus the 'p2p loan'.

Teams Available.
(7.1) If you are new to the Power League you cannot pick a team that are among 'The Glory Clubs'. Once you have completed a full season you may take the reigns of a 'Glory Club' if you meet the requirements.

The Glory Club
(8.1) Before joining the 'Power League', you may pick one 'Glory Hunter Club' i.e Arsenal, Man United, Man City, Liverpool Chelsea and Tottenham . If that team becomes interested in you after one season in the 'Power League' and offers you a contract you may switch to that club.

(8.2) If another player is fortunate enough to be handed a contract at the club you wanted, you may change your 'Glory Club' to another. If that manager leaves or is fired, you will not be able to re-change back to the team you originally picked.

(8.3) If you decide to switch to a 'Glory Club' it will be as though you have just joined the 'Power League' and will be restricted with transfers for your first season.

Adding to the thread
(9.1) If you want to join the Power League, You will need to update the thread regularly. It is not essential to add pictures to your posts but a monthly overview is a must.

(9.2) At the end of every month you will need to post your predictions for following months games.

Fired.
(10.1) If you are fired from your job, you will not be able to re-pick the same club or a club that is higher than you in the table at the time you were fired.

(10.2) If you are fired from a club, you cannot be that club again. This also applies if you leave the club or your contract runs out.

(10.3) If you are fired after the season has finished or before the season starts, you will be able to choose a team that finished beneath you for the previous season. You will not be able to pick a 'Glory Club'.

Elimination.
(11.1) If you miss consecutive scheduled game days without reason, you will be ELIMINATED from the 'Power League' and replaced.

(11.2) If you haven't written up your side of the story for a long period, you will be ELIMINATED from the 'Power League' and replaced.

MANAGER HISTORY OF THE
'POWER LEAGUE'

MANAGERS NAME

IN THE POWER LEAGUE?

DAYS LASTED (IN POWER LEAGUE)

DIABLODUNKA

NO

START TO END OF ORIGINAL LGE

DENI84

NO
START TO JUNE 2016 (774 Days)

MISTEROBJECTIVE

NO

START TO DEC (117 DAYS)

LEWIE100

NO

START TO JAN 15 (139 DAYS)

CHRIS

NO

JAN 15 TO JAN 15 (6 DAYS)

FTD83

NO

JAN 15 TO FEB 15 (30 DAYS)
ABESINCE1982

YES

FEB 2015 TO PRESENT

SOPPY
YES
FEB 2015 TO PRESENT

SIRROFF1991
NO

FEB 2016 TO JAN 17 (117 DAYS)

LEWIE100 (return)

YES

JAN 2017 TO PRESENT

THE 3 TEAMS IN THIS STORY WILL BE HIGHLIGHTED BY A COLOUR:

SOPPY
- BLUE

ABESINCE1982 - RED

LEWIE100 - GREEN

Game Information:

View attachment 226283

Each manager will attend a brief press conference where the following will be answered

Q&A
What are your aims for the season?

What team have you chosen and why?

Where do you think you will finish?

Who do you believe will get into the top 4 and which position?

How do you feel your fellow managers will fair?

What players do you have in mind for your SUPER LOAN and p2p loan and why?

Finally your favourite team (your glory club choice)

If YOU feel you have anything to add to the press conferences, we would love for you guy's to join and throw questions at us. Just as the media would in real life. It'd be great if this happened all through the thread, and would give a fresh direction to our story.

Last edited:

The league kicks off tonight with the first updates to follow over the next couple of days

We will also have an active poll (on the opening page) for your favourite manager, based on signings, style of play, how they write up their thread, any reason you like.
At the end of the season the winner will be granted an extra transfer!

Last edited:

View attachment 227675
View attachment 227676

Q&A
An outside shot at europe, realistically in terms of the league, and I think a real heavy push in at least one cup is imperative to show our ambitions. Also focusing all those unspent transfer funds on youth development and expanding my scouting network.

Unfinished business last time round has made me go for Southampton again, I am determined to be a success!

8th, I'd love to say higher, but with the power league first season restrictions I dont think it'll happen.

Chelsea, utd, city, liverpool in that order.

We are all old power league managers, with a hunger for success and a point to prove, but soppy's squad has the most wow factor about it so i'd expect the most from him this season. But lewie knows swansea well so i'm sure they will be a tough team to beat.

Possibly young left back garbutt from soppy, and maybe halilovic for some added creativity.

Finally your favourite team (your galactico choice)
I'd say UTD, but I wont be leaving southampton...not of my own accord anyways!!

Last edited:
(The banner is meant to be in green, not blue, so imagine it green guys. ;))

View attachment 227668

My aim for the season, is to get a top 10 finish, I'm not going to pile the pressure on us, especially that we only have the 1 loan available, but top 10 should be achievable. In the Capital One Cup, I hope to see us reach around Round 5, and in the FA Cup, around Round 6. Better to have low expectations and be surprised than have high expectations and be disappointed.

I have chosen Swansea, because I feel that they have the capabilities and the facilities to push on further from mid-table mediocrity and fly to Europe and beyond. As you may know already, Swansea have had a taste of Europe, I want to make this a regular occurrence.

I answered this a few questions ago, top 10, but a potential push to Europe if possible

Chelsea 1st, Man City 2nd, Spurs 3rd (Have a feeling), Arsenal 4th (Boring I know).

Finally, a decent question! Ok, I feel that Abe will do awesome. He could easily compete for Europe, I say 6th. Soppy, however, I just have that niggling feeling he may struggle somehow. I call 12th/Sacked.

I will need to see who is placed on the loan market, before I judge my options on the Super Loan or the P2P Loan.

Liverpool. Supported them all my life, one day, huh! :p

View attachment 227649View attachment 227648

Q&A
Finish in the top half of the table and a good cup run possible chance of cup winners.
I have chosen Everton continue the past game some great potential in this team
I will settle for 8th considering no transfers only one loan available.
Chelsea Man City Arsenal Man Utd
I think out the two abe will be the strongest and i think he will but putting a surprise finish to the league maybe. But both are great managers
I wont be giving anything away until ive gave the squad a thorough looking at .
Man Utd .

Last edited:
View attachment 227515

SOUTHAMPTON 2014/15 SEASON

PRE-SEASON ROUND-UP

NEW SIGNINGS-

I QUICKLY IDENTIFIED, THAT QUITE OPPOSITE TO WHAT I HAD THOUGHT IN THE PRESS CONFERENCE, WE WERE SHORT ANY COVER AT RIGHT BACK AND LIGHT IN NATURAL STRIKERS!

View attachment 227509

SO USING OUR SUPER LOAN WE ACQUIRE THE HIGHLY RATED YOUNG STRIKER CARLOS FIERRO. DUE TO THE POWER LEAGUE RESTRICTIONS WE HAD TO OFFER TO PAY 200% OF HIS WAGES AS CHIVAS WANTED A FEE. BUT WE WERE ABLE TO ADD IN A FUTURE FEE INTO THE CONTRACT, CAN THE LAD EARN A PERMENANT MOVE REMAINS TO BE SEEN.

SPEAKING VERY SWIFTLY WITH FELLOW MANAGER LEWIE TO TEST AVAILABILTY (HE HAD A FEW RB'S) WE QUICKLY CAME TO A P2P LOAN DEAL (AGAIN 200% WAGES) FOR YOUNG MOBILE RIGHT BACK ASHLEY RICHARDS. THIS LAD LOOKS CAPABLE AND CAN ALSO COVER AT CENTRAL MIDFIELD.

EXPECTATIONS AND GOALS

WE SEEM TO BE PRETTY MUCH ON THE SAME PAGE AS THE BOARD.

View attachment 227496

THE CAPITAL ONE CUP IS DEFINITELY OUR BEST CHANCE OF SILVERWARE, IF WE CAN JUST GET A LITTLE LUCK THROUGH THE LATTER DRAWS!!
View attachment 227485

I ALSO AGREE WITH THE BOARDS PHILOSPHIES, THIS COULD BE A MATCH MADE IN HEAVEN!!

FORM, PLAYER FORM AND FORMATIONS

OUR PRE-SEASON FORM WAS VERY IMPRESSIVE, MANAGING TO FINISH UNDEFEATED, ESPECIALLY CONSIDERING HOW MUCH WORK WOULD BE NEEDED FOR THE PLAYERS TO LEARN MY 'PHILOSOPHY'. WE EVEN DREW WITH THE MIGHTY BARCELONA (YES MESSI PLAYED!).

View attachment 227493

IT WAS GOOD TO SEE SO MANY DIFFERENT SCORERS IN PRE-SEASON, WE WILL DEFINITELY NEED THE FULL STRENGTH OF OUR SQUAD IF WE ARE TO GO BEYOND ANY OF OUR EXPECTATIONS.
HERE ARE OUR FORM PLAYERS GOING INTO THE NEW SEASON...IF THEY AREN'T INJURED OF COURSE!

View attachment 227489

AFTER ANALYSING THE TEAM WE ARE SHORT OF REAL QUALITY CF'S, SO WE WILL GO WITH ONE UP TOP REGARDLESS OF OUR OFFENSIVE APPROACH. I HAVE DECIDED TO GO WITH A FLAT 4411 FOR OUR HOME GAMES AND AWAY GAMES WHERE WE ARE FAVOURITES. AND A DEEPER 4141 FOR TOUGH GAMES, I ALSO HAVE A MORE OFFENSIVE 4411 FOR VARIETY.

View attachment 227483 View attachment 227481

HOW WE ARE GOING TO DEAL WITH THIS CRISIS I DON'T KNOW (THATS FM FOR YA)...IT'S OK ONLY MAN UTD AWAY FIRST.
View attachment 227480

STARS NOW AND FUTURE

View attachment 227478
I WILL PICK TWO PLAYERS FOR EACH CATAGORY, WANYAMA'S UP FIRST. A TRUE BEAST OF A MIDFIELDER, AND WE WILL NEED HIM AS ALOT OF TEAMS WILL GO 3 IN THE MIDDLE OF THE PARK, ON THE FLIP HE HAS BEAUTIFUL TECHNIQUE WHEN STRIKING A BALL, SO 10 GOALS THIS SEASON WOULD BE GREAT.

View attachment 227477
NEXT UP IS CLYNE, THIS PACEY NO NONSENSE ATTACKING FULLBACK CAN DEAL WITH MOST WINGERS, EQUALLY CAUSING HIS OWN TROUBLE GOING FORWARD DIRECTLY WITH PACE AND CLEVER LINK UP PLAY.

View attachment 227471
FOR THE YOUTH, WARD-PROWSE, ANOTHER ONE FROM THE MUCH REVERED SAINTS DEVELOPMENT SYSTEM. A CLEVER, TECHNICALLY GIFTED (IF MAYBE A LITTLE SLIGHT IN BUILD) WELL ROUNDED CENTRAL MIDFIELDER. I WILL BE PLAYING HIM JUST BEHIND THE STRIKER AND AM EXPECTING BIG THINGS FROM THE BOY.

View attachment 227469
LOANEE FIERRO HAS ALL THE ATTRIBUTES TO REACH THE TOP. IM HOPING THE GAME TIME WE WILL GIVE HIM IN THE TOP FLIGHT WILL ONLY SPEED HIS DEVELOPMENT.

Last edited:
PLEASE DON'T FORGET, THAT IF YOU VIEW OUR THREAD, LIKE WHAT YOU READ AND HAVE A FAVOURITE MANAGER FOR WHATEVER REASON, VOTE ON OUR POLL AT THE TOP OF THE OPENING PAGE. THE MANAGER WITH THE MOST VOTES AT THE END OF THE SEASON WILL GAIN AN EXTRA 'FAN FAVOURITE' TRANSFER!
View attachment 227195

Last edited:
SOUTHAMPTON|

2014/15 SEASON

EXPECTATIONS FOR AUGUST/SEPTEMBER 2014

MAN UTD (a) L
ARSENAL (h)
D
**PORTVALE (h) W
NEWCASTLE (a) D
WESTHAM (a) W
*SWANSEA (h) W
LEICESTER (h)
W

OUR FIRST RIVAL MATCH IS AGAINST LEWIES' SWANS! I'M SURE IT'LL BE A CLASSIC, CAN'T WAIT.

View attachment 227194

*= RIVAL MANAGER MATCH
**= CUP GAME

PREDICTED PREMIER LEAGUE POINTS-11
W3-D2-L1

Last edited:
View attachment 227075

View attachment 947887
SET OF FIXTURES FOR AUGUST & SEPT 2014
& PREDICTED RESULTS

ENGLISH PREMIER LEAGUE
HULL ( H )
PREDICTION : WIN
CHLESEA ( A )
PREDICTION : DRAW
WEST BROM ( H )

TOTTENHAM ( H )
MAN CITY ( A )
PREDICTION : LOSS
SUNDERLAND ( A )

P6 W2 D3 L1 PTS 9

SET OF FIXTURES FOR OCTOBER 2014
& PREDICTED RESULTS

ENGLISH PREMIER LEAGUE
CRYSTAL PALACE ( H )
SOUTHAMPTON( A )
LIVERPOOL ( A )

EUROPA LEAGUE
RIJEKA ( H )

MARIBOR ( H )
CAPITAL ONE CUP 4TH RD
BURY ( H )

P3 W1 D1 L1 PTS 4

Hey guys, I can't do any updates as I can't get any pics. I'll do them all when I get my laptop back. :)

View attachment 226454

View attachment 226453

RESULTS FOR AUGUST & SEPTEMBER 2014

View attachment 226455THOUGHTS??? A great way to start the season couldnt of asked for more . It could of been 5 or 6 but we didnt take our chances.

View attachment 226452THOUGHTS?? 2nd game in and we have a tough away game but id prefer to play one of the big side to test ourselfs and see how far we have come . A close game that we could of won having been the better side for some of the game . A good draw though

View attachment 226450
THOUGHTS??? Another point but I cant believe we havent won this by 8 . Lack of finishing from the strikers . All in all poor result.

View attachment 226451THOUGHTS??? A close encounter a draw would of been the fairer result here but 1st defeat of the season to a inform spurs. Unlucky lads!

View attachment 226449 THOUGHTS??? A tough defeat to take was never exspecting anything from this game but dissapointed to of lost in the manner we did . Aguero was unstoppable.

View attachment 226448 THOUGHTS??? Yet another draw we were lucky to of got the point with sunderland missing the peno but we have to start taking our chances poor performace.

CLUBS MONTHLY REVIEW - We should be performing alot better than this we have to get the strikers finishing there chances.

MANAGERS REVIEW- Out of the 3 of us abe seems to have found his feet at southampton hes set the pace its now up to me or lewie to raise it.

View attachment 226209

AUGUST/SEPTEMBER 2014
SOUTHAMPTON

View attachment 949824

PREDICTED PREMIER LEAGUE POINTS REMINDER-

W3D2L1 -11PTS

ACTUAL RESULTS

View attachment 226188

PREDICTED PREMIER LEAGUE POINTS ACHIEVED-

W4D0L2 -12PTS

THOUGHTS FOR THE MONTH (LEAGUE)

SPANKED BY UTD AS EXPECTED, BUT WE BOUNCED BACK FANTASTICALLY BEATING ARSENAL, ONLY TO LOSE DISAPPOINTINGLY TO NEWCASTLE DESPITE DOMINATING. WE THEN WON EVERY OTHER MATCH, WHAT A GREAT START TO THE SEASON.

MATCH OF THE MONTH (AUG/SEPT)

View attachment 226187

WHAT AN AMAZING RESULT IN OUR FIRST RIVAL MANAGER MATCH! WE DOMINATED EARLY ON, BUT THE YOUNG LOANEE FIERRO WAS ABSOLUTELY CLINICAL, BAGGING FOUR GOALS. THE SECOND HALF WAS FAR MORE EVEN BUT WE KEPT THEM AT ARMS LENGTH AND FORSTER WAS TERRIFIC BETWEEN THE STICKS FOR US.

PLAYER OF THE MONTH

JOSE FONTE
View attachment 226186 View attachment 226185

SO SOLID AT THE BACK FOR US, IT'S IMPERATIVE WE KEEP HIM FIT!

YOUNG PLAYER OF THE MONTH

CARLOS FIERRO
View attachment 226184 View attachment 226183

WOW, WE HAD HIGH HOPES, BUT THIS HAS BEEN A FANTASTIC START, EVEN GRABBING FOUR AGAINST LEWIE'S SWANS.

View attachment 949823

View attachment 226188

OF COURSE WE EXPECTED TO BEAT PORT VALE, WHICH WE DID COMFORTABLY, BUT THEN DRAWING SPURS WAS A CONCERN...HOWEVER WE PERFORMED ADMIRABLY FROM FRONT TO BACK. OUR REWARD, CHELSEA NEXT ROUND, GREAT!

MANAGER REVIEWS

SOPPY HAS PERFORMED ESPECIALLY WELL AGAINST SOME OF THE BIG BOYS, BUT RESULTS HAVEN'T FOLLOWED. LEWIE HAS STRUGGLED FOR CONSISTENCY, AND THE LOSS TO ME SEEMS TO HAVE REALLY DAMAGED HIS TEAMS MORALE, BUT I'M SURE HE WILL GET BACK ON TRACK. I EXPECT WE WILL BE VERY CLOSE TO EACH OTHER IN THE LEAGUE COME MAY!!

View attachment 226181 View attachment 226182

Last edited:
View attachment 225784

SOUTHAMPTON|

2014/15 SEASON

View attachment 225786

EXPECTATIONS FOR OCTOBER 2014

BURNLEY(a)
W
*EVERTON (h) W
WEST BROM(h) W
**CHELSEA (h) W

View attachment 225782

AIMING FOR MAXIMUM POINTS, PLAYING SOPPY'S EVERTON WON'T BE EASY, BUT IF WE CAN KEEP LUKAKU QUIET I'M CONFIDENT OF A POSITIVE RESULT...IF WE CAN, THAT IS.

IN REGARDS TO CHELSEA IN THE CUP, WE ARE AT HOME, HOPEFULLY ON A GREAT WINNING STREAK, WHY NOT!

*= RIVAL MANAGER MATCH
**= CUP GAME

PREDICTED PREMIER LEAGUE POINTS-9
W3-D0-L0

SET OF FIXTURES FOR NOVEMBER 2014
& PREDICTED RESULTS

ENGLISH PREMIER LEAGUE
STOKE CITY ( H )
Q.P.R ( H )
ASTON VILLA ( A )
MAN UTD ( H )

EUROPA LEAGUE
MARIBOR ( A )

VILLARREAL ( H )

P4 W2 D1 L1 PTS 7

View attachment 224657

Season Summary Thus Far:

View attachment 224655

A mixed bag at the minute, the start was very good (Apart from the Spurs game, of course!) but then the nightmare session happened, 3 losses, 5-0 to Southampton (Abe), 3-2 to Liverpool (COC) and 6-1 to Liverpool (BPL). My assistant (Makelélé) then got a win vs QPR, which caused me to then topple that form, with a 1-1 draw to Villa, and a tight 1-0 loss to Arsenal.

Power Loan:

View attachment 224652

Yes, the Barcelona prodigy has joined us on loan, as part of the Power Loan system. So far this season, he has played 9 games, scored 2, assisted 2 and average rated 7.14, not bad at all!

League

View attachment 224651

I feel so smug right now. Soppy struggling, Abe going for top 4, like I said. A gap opening up between 8th and 12th, so we need to be part of the top group, rather than the bottom, but with our fixtures coming up, I don't see that.

View attachment 953265

View attachment 224650

Man Utd - Loss
Newcastle - Loss
Hull - Draw (Get back on form. ;))
West Ham - Win

Points - 4/12