Diego Simeone Inspired l 4-4-2 l Counter Attacking/Pressing :: by Artisan :: 15.3.0

Impressive! I am totally dominating Serie A with Torino in my first season.

I use few changes though during the match, like switching to ATTACKING or OVERLOAD if I am loosing. I also use the right winger in attacking options, rather than playmaker. That way he runs deep to cross for one of my strikers. Both Quagliarella and Khouma are scoring a lot of goals and assisting each other.

Well done.

Impressive! I am totally dominating Serie A with Torino in my first season.

I use few changes though during the match, like switching to ATTACKING or OVERLOAD if I am loosing. I also use the right winger in attacking options, rather than playmaker. That way he runs deep to cross for one of my strikers. Both Quagliarella and Khouma are scoring a lot of goals and assisting each other.

Well done.

No worries happy you like it and well done with tweaking it to suit your team

First of all mate, thank you, thank you, thank you! I've been trying to recreate this tactic for long time and on last years version of fm i thought i succeded. But now I see i was wrong as this is exactly what I wanted and it works like a charm. My main concern was should i play with two dm and if not what roles should I give to holding midfielders and forwards. This is perfect.

Now I have two questions: 1. How do you instruct your players on set pieces?
2. I've been also trying to recreate Sampaoli's tactic with Chile on WC2014, so can you help my or recreate that tactic yourself? I think it's quite interesting subject for you.

Thanks again and cheers.

Last edited:
First of all mate, thank you, thank you, thank you! I've been trying to recreate this tactic for long time and on last years version of fm i thought i succeded. But now I see i was wrong as this is exactly what I wanted and it works like a charm. My main concern was should i play with to dm and if not what roles should I give to holding midfielders and forwards. This is perfect.

Now I have two questions: 1. How do you instruct your players on set pieces?
2. I've been also trying to recreate Sampaoli's tactic with Chile on WC2014, so can you help my or recreate that tactic yourself? I think it's quite interesting subject for you.

Thanks again and cheers.

No worries m8 happy it works for you.

With set pieces, a lot of people on the forum have made some really good corner tactics and I dont want to take credit for their work. Check some of the TFF threads for that :wub:

I don't much about the Chile tactic. Will have a look and see if it is unique enough to try to recreate

Oh, I believe it's unique and exiting enough. :) Basically, Sampaoli plays with 3 man back, 2 strikers, one guy (Vidal or Valdivia) behind them. High press, insanely high defensive line, and really quick tempo. One of the strikers, usually Vargas tends to go wide and pins one of the CB, and other striker, Sanchez, comes deep to get the ball. Vidal and Isla from the Wb position would try to exploit holes in the defence, cutting inside. But there are lots of vids on youtube and articles online that describe their style of play far better than me.

footballmanageranalysis.wordpress.com/2014/03/12/a-tactical-analysis-of-jorge-sampaoli/
zonalmarking.net/2014/06/29/brazil-1-1-chile-brazil-progress-by-the-finest-of-margins/
zonalmarking.net/2014/06/19/world-cup-2014-group-stage-day-seven/

There's also a lot of youtube analysis on how they play. I find it is quite a challenge to recreate this exiting style of football.

Last edited:
Diego Simeone

I am Brazilian however really like the style of play of simeone counter-attack and good defensive posicionamente, I think u recreated perfectly artisan tactic, however I added 3 instructions to her that to my way of seeing and used by el cholo.
hold positions, showerhead and high crosses.
their instructions oppositions station very correct, I hope you will continue emulating tactics of real coaches to be grateful even fm.
hugs.

Slight bump but I've been playing this and it's one of the few counter attacking tactics that actually seems to work. I'm especially impressed with how well it emulates Simeone's wingplay.

Decided to register here to give a well deserved shout-out to Artisan for making this tactic.

View attachment 224696

Yeah, you read that right. 1-5 away against Wolfsburg in DFB Pokal 2nd round. Sacked their coach after that :)

View attachment 224695

Currently 1st in the league and now that the tactic is fluid we got a pretty good run going.

So yeah, amazing work Artisan! Enjoyed your Magic box tactic as well with HSV, winning 3 league titles in a row from 2017 onwards. Also love the fact that you don't rely on throw in/corner routines to inflate results, hate that stuff.

Looks like a good one this artisan, will have to give it a try before 15 is done with!

Created a couple of worthwhile tactics myself for 15 heres the links to them if you fancy giving them a go...

Il Trequartista FM15 Tactic | FM Scout

Der Raumdeuter FM15 tactic | FM Scout

Exactly on the same page as you when it comes to tactics, i love creating them - still havent managed to get the conte'esq tactic of my own working yet!

I am thinking of giving it a try with Lazio(i tested almost every tactic with them). So do u use OI's or you don't ?:)

One other thing. What do u do when u are dominating the game ,but can't find a way to open their defense and score a goal? Also when you are a man down(10 men).

P.S. Those screenshot for training is from FM 14 , its not a mistake ,right ?:)