Diego Simeone Inspired l 4-4-2 l Counter Attacking/Pressing :: by Artisan :: 15.3.0

I've been tinkering the front 2 roles... I like the original combination, and it worked quite good, but I imagine the DLF-S on the likes of Raul Garcia, who acts like a false target-man, and DLF with the instruction to run with ball does not seem appropriate. TM-S makes my team bomb balls forward, so I stick with DLF-S and remove the instruction to run with ball often. Then changed DF-D to DF-S to give me more fire power. So far so good.
Using 3 versions of the same tactic, one with standard, other with counter and the last with defensive. Working like a treat!

I've been tinkering the front 2 roles... I like the original combination, and it worked quite good, but I imagine the DLF-S on the likes of Raul Garcia, who acts like a false target-man, and DLF with the instruction to run with ball does not seem appropriate. TM-S makes my team bomb balls forward, so I stick with DLF-S and remove the instruction to run with ball often. Then changed DF-D to DF-S to give me more fire power. So far so good.
Using 3 versions of the same tactic, one with standard, other with counter and the last with defensive. Working like a treat!

Nice one, I may well try this. I was originally more inclined to keep the DF-D so he can track back and make up for the extra midfielder and actually change the role of the DLF-S to perhaps a CF-A so that he acts as the more central forward.

I like the idea of different strategies in this too.

Using Man Utd what I see is, i struggle against weak opponents... they try to defend and don't give me space to explore, and I try to... counter. Some games my team was powerless and shouts don't quite fixe it. Standard gives me a good balance... not to attacking, not dependent of space given by other teams. And i'm liking DF-S, he can track back (more than the DLF) and will press higher up the pitch

Well bro atm i can say its very good....... 1st away match 5-38 shoots 1-4 65 possesion % ... ima gonna test it more...
Good work...seems it goes for 1st 4-4-2 at forum that can dominate atm
PS : If u twick messileo set piaces if u can , will be so powerfull.... definetly... i suggest to u :)

effective oposition

Hi.

Tactic looks intresting, just 2 things :

1. Oposition is extremely effective against my team, typical 2 shots on target = 2 goals!

I can have 15-25 shots on goal and score 1-2 while oposition has 1-2 shots and score 1-2 goals!! Dont know if this is the game or the tactic? Defense also seems very leaky, not quite like Atl. Madrid :) Has anyone tryed training defensivly?

2. Every 2-3 game one of the CM`s gets a red card, actually one game both CM`s was sent off.

Therefore i wonder, is it a good idea to have hard tackling in the OI and player instruction? This is like having 2 Roy Keane`s on the field at the same time and playing 10 vs 11 every 2 games is impossible. Normally i play Kehdira and Bender as BBM and CM wich should fit the roles perfect.

And, who do you take off if red card is given, the DLS?

thx.

Last edited:
Hi.

Tactic looks intresting, just 2 things :

1. Oposition is extremely effective against my team, typical 2 shots on target = 2 goals!

I can have 15-25 shots on goal and score 1-2 while oposition has 1-2 shots and score 1-2 goals!! Dont know if this is the game or the tactic? Defense also seems very leaky, not quite like Atl. Madrid :) Has anyone tryed training defensivly?

2. Every 2-3 game one of the CM`s gets a red card, actually one game both CM`s was sent off.

Therefore i wonder, is it a good idea to have hard tackling in the OI and player instruction? This is like having 2 Roy Keane`s on the field at the same time and playing 10 vs 11 every 2 games is impossible. Normally i play Kehdira and Bender as BBM and CM wich should fit the roles perfect.

And, who do you take off if red card is given, the DLS?

thx.
coz of aggresion and hard tackle bro..:)

I've been making substitutions when i see a potencial red card coming... but leaky defense, only with the case that artisan described in the boogey formation...

Could you post key attributes, PPM and individual training for every position ?

Really annoying that I keep solid at the back, it performs well, I genuinely like the tactic, it is close to perfect.. but..

I cannot seem to get goals in it!!

Really annoying that I keep solid at the back, it performs well, I genuinely like the tactic, it is close to perfect.. but..

I cannot seem to get goals in it!!

Then you shouldn't be looking up counter-attacking/defensive minded tactics. lol

Then you shouldn't be looking up counter-attacking/defensive minded tactics. lol

That doesn't explain me dominating most, averaging 3 CCC but missing golden opportunities for fun though... And this is with 13/14 stats in finishing. In fact my one centre forward has 15.

gonna give this a go with my everton team (4th season)

Try tinkering with the front 2... try change the DLF-S to DF-S and the DF-D to CF-A...

Here I was, going from one exotic tactic to another, when a simple, effective, well made 4-4-2 tactic was a perfect setup for my team.

Go figure.

You never fail to disappoint Artisan, from what I've seen from it it is a very effective tactic.

i confirm, very effective tactic even in my career with Scandianese (6th level of the italian league)