Disclaimer89's English Premier League Chairman Game - FM 2015 Edition

I ended up being Hull in bornexplorers game this year, which was continued by other people after he gave it up. Was 8th at Christmas, relegated in the last round :p Could be fun!

Yeah I enjoyed playing as Hull in the game I ran last year. Never could manage to finish higher than 10th though! haha.

Damnit, late to the party! Looks like I'll be taking over West Brom. Hope we can actually have a chairman game that lasts more then one season <.<

Ha, never too late man. I got your questions and have replied, let me know if that clears it up.

Hopefully this gets started tonight :)

Yeah that would be great. I am going to take a look, later this afternoon, at each of the club's finances and update the original page with all team's finished predictions and finances.

Forgot to ask one thing I wondered. How are the rules for approaching players on outgoing contracts and possibilities for renewing existing contracts. Do we have a possibility to renew our players contracts for a small increase in wages?

Forgot to ask one thing I wondered. How are the rules for approaching players on outgoing contracts and possibilities for renewing existing contracts. Do we have a possibility to renew our players contracts for a small increase in wages?

This is something that has been talked about within these chairman games for a few years now. Nobody has ever implemented the whole 'extending player's contracts'.

I would be willing to put this into this year's game. For example a chairman is allowed to override a manager's decision regarding a player's contract twice a season; so a chairman can only extend 2 player's contracts per season, it is then up to the manager to sort the rest out?

This would allow you to ensure the club holds onto its key players. It could be a wage % increase depending on the length of the contract you want to give for eg: 25% increase for 3 years, 50% increase for a new 5 year contract?

Let me know what you guys thinks.

This is something that has been talked about within these chairman games for a few years now. Nobody has ever implemented the whole 'extending player's contracts'.

I would be willing to put this into this year's game. For example a chairman is allowed to override a manager's decision regarding a player's contract twice a season; so a chairman can only extend 2 player's contracts per season, it is then up to the manager to sort the rest out?

This would allow you to ensure the club holds onto its key players. It could be a wage % increase depending on the length of the contract you want to give for eg: 25% increase for 3 years, 50% increase for a new 5 year contract?

Let me know what you guys thinks.

Yes I noticed that this has often been up for debate. I think it would be benificial for at least the lower reputation clubs to be able to renew contracts of key players, but a limit isn't a bad idea tbh. I feel AI-managers often "forget" to renew contracts, leaving squad players on expiring contracts for a long time.

Also, if you sign a player like Danny Ings, and the contract is just transferred to the new club, he is already on an outgoing contract when you sign him, which isn't really ideal.

I'd say something like 2-3 renewals allowed and 10% increase in wages per year renewed (1 year = 10%, 2 years = 20% etc)

Any spaces left? If so I will fire off an application. Have been part of many BAPs but never one of these. So should be a challenge.

Awwh :( I'm sure noone would mind if you picked your team now though, the last people will have to settle for the scraps!

Nah, it's grand. I'm happy enough to take the last team..especially now that QPR aren't on the available list any more ;P

I wasn't sure if it was best to ask on here or by PM but as it might interest everyone I thought I would ask on here, is it possible to post on this thread about positions you are looking for? For example if the Arsenal chairman was looking for a defensive midfielder could they post a message on here stating so and if any club had a decent offer they could then message the Arsenal chairman with their offers?

I wasn't sure if it was best to ask on here or by PM but as it might interest everyone I thought I would ask on here, is it possible to post on this thread about positions you are looking for? For example if the Arsenal chairman was looking for a defensive midfielder could they post a message on here stating so and if any club had a decent offer they could then message the Arsenal chairman with their offers?

I'm sure most chairmen will find a way of making a press release with this information. I was planning on doing an opening interview with my chairman at least where he reveals what he wants to strengthen. And btw, got any good defensive midfielders? ;)

I'm sure most chairmen will find a way of making a press release with this information. I was planning on doing an opening interview with my chairman at least where he reveals what he wants to strengthen. And btw, got any good defensive midfielders? ;)

That's a good idea that I will now openly rob and use myself. Seeing as I am Swansea I have pretty much no defensive midfielders. One of my most defensive midfielders is probably Shelvey. Although I guess that suits Monks style of play. Hopefully he can do as good a job for me as he has done in real life. Although having no Bony will be a big problem.

That's a good idea that I will now openly rob and use myself. Seeing as I am Swansea I have pretty much no defensive midfielders. One of my most defensive midfielders is probably Shelvey. Although I guess that suits Monks style of play. Hopefully he can do as good a job for me as he has done in real life. Although having no Bony will be a big problem.

I'm sure I'll have some loan-options available! Or perhaps an aging playmaker! (I'm Arsenal btw!)

I'm sure I'll have some loan-options available! Or perhaps an aging playmaker! (I'm Arsenal btw!)

I've just started thinking about what signings I need to make. Who I can bring in depends on the how good the clubs finances are though. They need to fit into Monks preferred tactic though which is important.

I've just started thinking about what signings I need to make. Who I can bring in depends on the how good the clubs finances are though. They need to fit into Monks preferred tactic though which is important.

I'll be updating the finances and such when I get home from work.

I'll be using the official January update from SI. So in the meantime anyone who wants to know their clubs finances can start a new game with the update and choose their club and find out that way, if they wish :)