Do Poms follow the SPL?

• Thread starter Aphrika
  • Start date
  • Replies 63
  • Views 6K
A

Aphrika

As an aussie, i follow most major leagues around europe,even a little bit of asian leagues., i know the english also follow Spanish Primera or maybe the German Bundes' but how is the relationship with the EPL and the SPL? Is there still years old hostilities between the countries, that reach our world uniting game of football? Don't players get loaned and bought and often very intertwined with both of the leagues? Just from reading many threads on this forum, i sense a SPL vs EPL constant pickering. Hopefully just a friendly one.

In My Opinion

Alot of English are big headed twats who *** there own league and consider it the best in the world which it's NOT anyway they diss the spl calling it **** etc without watching many games or knowing much about it. The La Liga is still the best league in the world. Dont get me wrong the spl is othing great but it isnt as bad as alot of people say it to be.

EPL is quality but LA Liga is miles better.

A big game in the EPL always ends 1-0 at best, very annoying when they are sipposidly the games to look forward to.

La Liga is far more technical league than the EPL. However as an Aussie i prefer watchin the EPL because its much more tough and fast pace. I've seen two SPL games this season one featuring Celtic vs Rangers and the other one Motherwell vs some team i dont kno. I don't watch many SPL games but i do follow the results especially when aussies are involved.

Follow what is goin on SPL but not really bothered, although i adopted Livingston (previously Meadowbank Thistle) as my Scottish club, and listen out for there results. relegation destined.

Around Europe keep up 2 date with leagues but only ever watch European Clubs in Champs League. Keen admirer of AC Milan, Lyon (cos all my friends are, weird), Valencia, and Dynamo Kiev (always did a game on old Champ Man, FM with them).

The EPL is the best league in the world and we can't be arsed to wach the SPL because it's ****. But I think Kris has already said this :D

The SPL is seen as boring because there are only really two teams in it, and they keep trying to join the EPL which is a pretty big statement on the state of it.

Spl cant be that bad we are rather high up on the Uefa points league or what ever the **** it is.Our league is run by twats and idiots we need 20 teams in our league like the rest of Europe and maybe then the league can develope. Also dont call it **** when you know jack **** about it and further more La Liga>EPL.

i love watching english football, i watch most games live when im not at rangers games (mostly every other saturday) and on match of the day, the EPL has great teams with great players and is very entertaining

Kris said:
Alot of English are big headed twats who *** there own league and consider it the best in the world which it's NOT anyway they diss the spl calling it **** etc without watching many games or knowing much about it.

I was just proving your point Kris. Ironic, heh?

It sucks coz u english always bost about the EPL and yes its way better than the SPL but u say the SPL is ***** when well its actually not. and even when england have some of the best players in the world when they come together and unite together in a country 1 word *****! Scotland ar not much better but we have burley as a manager i mean come on he is the worst manager i have seen. When scotland had alex mcleish we were beating the likes of France. And it wsnt just a fluke we even beat them away from home to with a 40 yarder so shutit!

I sorta follow the SPL (look at results etc...) Always look to see how Hearts and Celtic do, but tbh it is a **** league. Defo needs more teams and more money invested IMO. I prefer La Liga to the Prem aswell, yeah the EPL is more fast paced etc... but I prefer to watch GOOD football (ala the Old Arsenal) and you can only really find that kind of footbal in Spain nowadays.

The only problem with the SPL is that its heavily dominated by Rangers and Celtic. It says a lot when the last team to win the SPL other than them was Aberdeen in like 1983 under the management of some obscure Scottish manager called Alex Ferguson... what ever happend to him ?... :p

Defo needs more teams

The problem with that Sean is that if they were to bump the SPL up to the same numbers as the EPL the it would make the SPL worse rather than better as there would be only 2 Old Firm Derbys in a year (as they would need to switch to a play each other twice format rather than the 4 times they do now) and less people would go to see Rangers play Airdrie say than they would go see them play Inverness right now who are bottom of the SPL.

They would loose out on a heck of a lot of money that way.

Very well said Kris, The Epl Isnt As Good As La Liga And Most English Twats Dont Know Jack **** About The Spl, The Spl Isnt That Bad!

I really enjoy watching the Old Firm matches, other than that...I only catch the odd SPL game. Mainly if the game on Sky Sports doesn't interest me.

I watch as much Spanish football as I do Premiership. Also a little French and German. But I'm more inclined to watch Man Utd's youth or reserve matches when they are on.

On the SPL being ****, I don't think it is. Just the assumption by many mainly due to the fact that as opposed to our top 4 you have a top 2...although your league is half the size so understandable. The way the league splits in SPL for the last few games is odd to say the least.

One thing I'm curious about is, there has always been a lot of talk of Celtic and Rangers joining the Premiership. Do any of the scottish lads think they could honestly compete with our top 4?

Most are either celtic or rangers fans, I'm a 14 year old stoke fan but have been up to 2 celtic games in my life.

EPL is quality but LA Liga is miles better.

A big game in the EPL always ends 1-0 at best, very annoying when they are sipposidly the games to look forward to.

yeah i agree with that like the real-barca game i thought real were gonna win but i was shocked when barca won 6-2:O lol never gonna see chelsea beating liverpool or so 6-2. SPL RULES!:)

I try to keep up with all major European leagues and have a favourate team from most leagues. I think the problem in the SPL is that Celtic and Rangers play to often it starts to get boring when everybody is expecting a great game which is not allways the case.
The problem with the EPL is the defenders are rubbish compared to Germany, Spain and Italy. Also that there isnt enogh Englsh players especially with arsenal. And Man City and Chelsea might as well have sold theyre souls because theyre not about football anymore.

lets not get into a what leagues best Argument, there is a thread for that somewhere.
I dont bother with the SPL it never interests me, not even old firm.

When Strachan resigns from Celtic, I'm interested :)

Do have a lot of time for Celtic, but that's a personal thing and a result of the way they behaved after Hillsborough towards us Scousers.