Do Poms follow the SPL?

• Thread starter Aphrika
  • Start date
  • Replies 63
  • Views 6K
ooooooo, hit a nerve there? dont spit ya sporran out, if you want to base your conclusion of me being a ****** because of my posts then why not kindly read what i was quoting and seriously defend it. and in the case of attendances take my beloved sunderland, average attendance of 40,000. now thats ******* amazing considering sunderland is a COMPLETELY working class city, as are surrounding areas, the north east has been hit massivley by the recession, shitloads of people have lost thier jobs and we still get full houses to watch that garbage, same applies with the mags.!

aye mate, so is glasgow you idiot! not proud to say but probably one of the most poverty and drug ridden places in the uk but its a great place. we(Celtic) get 60,000 fans a week to watch what u think is *****. Passionate singing fans every week... i used to think Sunderland were alright, i mean i despise Newcastle u just dont know what your talking about

Yeah but Glasgow has almost the same population as the three North East teams combined.

Middlesbrough - 142,691
Sunderland - 177,739
Newcastle - 271,600

142 691 + 177 739 + 271 600 = 592 030

Thought theyd have more than that. I guess you know your stuff as they are exact numbers. I don't know the exact amount in glasgow I just rounded it.

To be honest I don't see how a Sunderland fan can ever slag our league off, when they can hardly stay in their own league... Maybe we pretty much only have 2 teams competing every year, but they actually get champions league football rather than Sunderland scrambling for 17th and 16th position...

The smaller teams only look bad because of scottish managers current "punt the ball up the park" mentality and that cant be changed unless they get money to spend on "decent - good players" but we still don't need to spend £11.75M on Djibril Cisse and still be "****".

The EPL is better although thats to be expected to be honest. I like the SPL and although it is only between Celtic and Rangers, there's a lot of good young scottish players and it's fun trying to get glory for the smaller clubs on FM. And the SPL isn't ****, I think it's the 6th or 7th in the FIFA league ranking thing.. Which isn't to bad from a country with a population of only about 5M

---------- Post added at 10:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:07 AM ----------

Population of Glasgow - 580,000
Population of London - 5.7M

Celtic and Rangers could easily make it in England. I wish they were allowed to play, mainly Celtic because Celtic is a world famous club who could attract big players if they had more cash..

The EPL is better although thats to be expected to be honest. I like the SPL and although it is only between Celtic and Rangers, there's a lot of good young scottish players and it's fun trying to get glory for the smaller clubs on FM. And the SPL isn't ****, I think it's the 6th or 7th in the FIFA league ranking thing.. Which isn't to bad from a country with a population of only about 5M

---------- Post added at 10:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:07 AM ----------

Population of Glasgow - 580,000
Population of London - 5.7M

Celtic and Rangers could easily make it in England. I wish they were allowed to play, mainly Celtic because Celtic is a world famous club who could attract big players if they had more cash..

To be honest so would Rangers... I don't consider myself biased and wouldn't like others to think so... Rangers would attract just as many players as us and it is often a race for players right now... I remember Rangers said John Hartson wasn't fit enough...

Just aswell he scored over 100 goals for us then :)

To be honest so would Rangers... I don't consider myself biased and wouldn't like others to think so... Rangers would attract just as many players as us and it is often a race for players right now... I remember Rangers said John Hartson wasn't fit enough...

Just aswell he scored over 100 goals for us then :)

He has no hair But we don't Care walking in a Hartson wonderland!:D

I think the EPL's decade of the 'Best League In The World' Trademark.
Is coming to an end and La Liga could be Number 1 league now:D

No.. I don't think any league will take that away from England. We have the most competitive league in the world, no doubt about it.

exactly, most competative league in the world, although spain might be back on the rise and rival that this season. and as far as a sunderland fan not knowing what im talking about....rangers have won the league 52 times, cups god knows how many times, finished runner up a shed load of times...im not saying rangers, or, celtic are ****. im saying the league setup doesnt help, the football played is as someone said "lump it", and as far as us payin £11.75 for cisse....when the **** did that happen mate?? and aye, we struggle to stay in the prem...says somethin about the EPL's quality when a team with anton ferdinand, craig gordon, steed, kenwyne jones, richardson etc struggle to stay up. has alot to do last season with mr keane playin silly buggers tho! and i thought aberdeen had a bigger drug problem than glasgow? not being cockey there or anything i just think i read it somewhere.

why are we talking about drugs? The premiership will always be better than Scotland i just wish we had went with sky last year and not setanta but thats our fa for you.

You have a great league with great fans for almost every team and like you said sunderland have players like Gordon,Richardson,Steeeed,Jones etc and still struggle it just goes to show the quality that is there but in terms of enjoyment and watching football Spain beats England hands down. England has become to fearfull of conceding goals because of whats at stake where as Spain is as open as it's always been

I actually really like watching the SPL, I like it cause there is no fannyin about it reminds me of the old english first division before EPL.

SPL is proper old school with regards to the tackles and passion of the players. Some tackles in the SPL would be classed as common assaults in the EPL LOL!.

Plus you don't really see none of the primadonna stuff you see in the EPL.

SPL is just old school as I say!!!

I will say that the EPL is a better league than La liga, i really do!

1.most of the big stars in the spl make it to the epl and most of them have this summer already made moves to epl like fletcher mcarthy not to mention all the players that they still want scott brown mcdonald kevin thomson ferguson boyd andy driver the list goes on

2.you english have a cheek to criticise the spl for only two team winning the league each season because man u and chelsea are the only teams that win the epl these days coz liverpool and arsenal only finish top four never good enuff to win as for the rest too much money and the pull of the prem shud be able to bring good enuff players to challenge the top four (top 2 really) so only 2 teams in england as well

The SPL needs more teams if it had more then it could be a great league. I like the prem but i prefer la liga especially now newcastle ain't in it. :(

The EPL is the most over-rated league in the world. Sky *** it up badly. See these derbies in the EPL I can't remember the last classic derby I saw. They set up not to lose it's boring as ****. At least with The old firm games you go out to win and it's great to watch whereas the derby games are slow tempo and frankly it's *****. La Liga is the best league in the world. When Sky pull out of the EPL...England is buggered.

1. rivals....hmmm..lets see...sunderland v newcastle, we HATE each other...liverpool v everton...spurs v the gunners....liverpool v man u...man u v man city...liverpool v chelsea....man u v arsenal....sunderland v wolves now theyre promoted....the list could go on, i aint even mentioned the midlands there, or the other london derbies, or the north west.....

2. once your national "team" gets to a major competition then we'll see, not that that will ever happen, you all *** mcfadden...championship player this season wasnt he??

dont get me wrong, you cant help your nationality or the club you support, but dont try and compare that shower up there to our league...the championship is more entertaining then the SPL

Wow u won a major competition over 40 years ago and you still go on about it

La Liga is the best league ..
EPL is not the league people make it out to be. and the
SPL is a good league it may not get the same attention as the EPL but its still a great league.
:D

the fact that the epl get bigger numbers at their matches is meaningless due to the fact that englands population dwarfs scotlands population