Do you Believe In God

• Thread starter Thread starter TheHig
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1K
  • Views Views 63K

What would you Describe your Self As ?

• Athiest

Votes: 230 51.7%
  • Religous (what ever Religion that May be)

Votes: 135 30.3%
  • Agnostic

Votes: 72 16.2%
  • Thiest

Votes: 8 1.8%

• Total voters
And the verse before that.

"Let those fight in the way of Allah who sell the life of this world for the other. Whoso fighteth in the way of Allah, be he slain or be he victorious, on him We shall bestow a vast reward." - Qu'ran 4:74

One of the quotes that inspire today's suicide bombers.
The fact that some people interpret modern day Muslims as "ill-treated" and view us as their oppressors is not really the fault of the Qur'an.
Especially when it is also stated in Qur'an 2:224:
"And make not Allah's (name) an excuse in your oaths against doing good, or acting rightly, or making peace between persons; for Allah is One Who heareth and knoweth all things."
So terrorists should not use the "way of allah" as an excuse for carrying out Suicide bombing as it's clearly not "doing good, or acting rightly".
You can only conclude that they've either not read the whole of the Qur'an or they're judging the murder of innocents as "acting rightly". When you're dealing with people who's mentality is that warped it's clear they're going to twist anything to justify their acts.

I go to a cathloic school but I DO NOT BELEIVE IN GOD.

I just go along with it in RE to save the hassle of moving schools :P

Why would you write about a man and still read about him thousands of years later?

The fact that some people interpret modern day Muslims as "ill-treated" and view us as their oppressors is not really the fault of the Qur'an.
Especially when it is also stated in Qur'an 2:224:
"And make not Allah's (name) an excuse in your oaths against doing good, or acting rightly, or making peace between persons; for Allah is One Who heareth and knoweth all things."
So terrorists should not use the "way of allah" as an excuse for carrying out Suicide bombing as it's clearly not "doing good, or acting rightly".
You can only conclude that they've either not read the whole of the Qur'an or they're judging the murder of innocents as "acting rightly". When you're dealing with people who's mentality is that warped it's clear they're going to twist anything to justify their acts.

Perhaps if we didn't have such contradictory guidances for people to live their lives by, then. I'm perfectly fine if there are quotes that contradict my violence arguments, since all that does is just reduce credibility further and further. One could also argue that Allah wants these acts to happen, and your quote is just a mere contradiction. Both view points are clearly offered in the name of Allah, why do we automatically assume he must be peaceful because of a sample of quotes that contradict hundreds of violence influenced ones? Surely if you're saying it's not "acting rightly", you can also say that being non-violent is "not acting rightly" since both are seemingly wanted!

Perhaps if we didn't have such contradictory guidances for people to live their lives by, then. I'm perfectly fine if there are quotes that contradict my violence arguments, since all that does is just reduce credibility further and further. One could also argue that Allah wants these acts to happen, and your quote is just a mere contradiction. Both view points are clearly offered in the name of Allah, why do we automatically assume he must be peaceful because of a sample of quotes that contradict hundreds of violence influenced ones? Surely if you're saying it's not "acting rightly", you can also say that being non-violent is "not acting rightly" since both are seemingly wanted!

Reading some of the quotes he doesnt seem peaceful it seems a bit like Extremism but I am just reading one side so far

Reading some of the quotes he doesnt seem peaceful it seems a bit like Extremism but I am just reading one side so far

Yes but that's exactly the point. The fact they have peaceful quotes in there is totally irrelevant. A "Peaceful" religion should never have any of these quotes near their holy book, never mind over one hundred of them. Imagine if a politician threatened violence if you didn't vote for him, but then said "Oh no, I'm really quite peaceful".

1. No
2. No
3. I refuse to believe there is some crazy man in the sky that created us out of his own vanity.

Besides, if you are a creationist, that means you also adhere to evolution in some form. If we all came from two people, how did the various races of the human race come into being?

Yes i believe in God too, I wasn't raised to be religious or anything like that, it was my own free will lol

Nor am i totally convinced in the whole bible, quite contradictory i guess but it just seems more like a story, a fable and manual on how to behave. On the one hand I believe in God, whereas on the other, i feel that we have free will and in doing so, he (or she) does not interfere but we most still do good by others.

I don't discuss it with others much, I try to avoid it, simply because there's always the chance they might be rude about it, i mean just because you don't agree doesn't mean you have insult someone who does. Also I go with Kris? if i have kids, i'll raise them to believe what they want to, and they won't go to religious schools, schools and religion should should be separate except in R.E.

Also believe in evolution too, (i guess i'm just choosing the best of both worlds lol ), God is more like a caretaker and care home worker rather than a wrathful, destroying power XD

Back