Do You Consider Genie Scout Cheating?

Never used it, never will. I think it's cheating, but it's your game, play it the way you want to.

I don't think it's precise enough to be called cheating, yes the CA/PA thing is exact, but the star rating, with good enough scouts, is precise as it is, I, personally just use it for the future attributes, which in my experience turn out to be wrong 90% of the time anyway, For example; a 3 and a half star PA player with 12 finishing at 16 years old, genie scout predicted that his finishing would be just 15, but with good training and the right coaching, that's now 18 and his CA is 4 stars and he's 21 these days,

I consider it cheating, and as a result do no use it. It gives you information a manager would never know. Attribute masking ftw as well!

I don't use it, and don't intend to. I don't consider it cheating, but just for my sake, I am not one to use it.

Cheating without a doubt. there's scouts in FM for a reason

yes its cheating... you cant tap into some programme in real life and have it tell you how good a player will become...

I have never used it and will never use it ;) but you bought the game, play it however you want mate, dont let people tell you otherwise!

How is it not cheating? :S

Knowing players's potential completely ruins the game. But it is your game. Do what you will...

Definitely cheating, yes. I use it a few months before the next game is realised, usually, due to boredom.

Yes it is cheating, the game isnt the same anymore if Genie Scout is used :) it loses all its realism

Of course it is cheating. Considering that FM11 is a test and that the players are the answers to it, then why shouldn't Genie Scout be considered cheating? It gives you all the players you want, for any position, all their future stats... Isn't this a big help when buying a player?

Yes, it is not as flagrant as FMRTE, but for me it is clearly cheating. Used it a lot in FM10 but now I stopped, even because it doesn't open my saves...

EDIT:
And yes, of course it is your game and that you may play it the way you want. But if you play this way, then don't come over here celebrating an amazing signing if you used GScout. The same with FMRTE and then say you managed to waste 140M with a 40M budget. And the same with using the corner bug and then congratulate yourself for scoring +120 goals.
You are free to use all these forms of cheating. But you are not free to come here and then say you discovered the best talent/tactic, when it was a program which did that for you.

100% agreed.

Personally I do not use FM Genie Scout in saves. But all I gathered is that it helps you discover young talents and it lets you see players CA/PA. Anything else?

yes its cheating... you cant tap into some programme in real life and have it tell you how good a player will become...

I have never used it and will never use it ;) but you bought the game, play it however you want mate, dont let people tell you otherwise!

raikan doesn't need genie scouting ...
'coz he is GOD of scouting in FM ... :p

personally i think it was cheating, never use it on my game .. hehe ..

not used it this year though ive not put much game time in yet,i first started using it on fm10 just for the tactics help when results slumped, i found 9/10 times i started performing better when i used the best tactics/lineup for my team suggested by it,it gave 5 diffrent formations for my team and the players i had that was best suited to each postion,not sure if it was cheating i saw it as abit of assistance lol didnt use it for nothing else ie scouting players

I use it.

I think of Genie Scout as having an amazing network of scouts for my club, If I was a manager of a big club I would have a scouting network routed throughout the world. This would consist of the very best local scouts working full time within their country passing on notes of anyone that may be of interest to my scouts here in UK. The UK scouts would then visit suitable players without having to trawl all over the world aimlessly.

These local scouts would probably become close to the clubs within that country and they could in turn inform the scout of their valuation of said player. For me the scouting system within FM is poor and very one dimensional, You send a scout to Italy for example and he comes back telling you about players who would never sign for you or players that you cant afford...

As for using GenieScout to sign star players by revealing their sometimes "bargain" sale prices, this also works in the real world, Harry Redknapp apparently had a telephone call revealing how much Real Madrid would take for Van Der Vaart, £8m or so less than Bayern had bid days before?.

I also believe that everyone in football has a price, clubs will not simply "refuse" to tell you how much a player is worth, If its a cheeky bid fair enough, but if Man City knock on the door of say Arsenal about Fabregas - im sure Arsenal would reveal what they think hes worth – even if it’s a ludicrous price like £100m, like sometimes revealed on GenieScout.

I think it's cheating...

The star system rating in FM2011 doesn't always coincide with the PA shown in Genie Scout, e.g. in my save, Sergio Araujo, age 21, was scouted and has 2.5 stars for potential, he is now currently transfer listed for 500K, I don't think he will be transfer listed by the club owners if they knew his PA was 180 and definetely not for 500K...

Another example, I found a 16 yr old free-transfer regen with only one star but actually has a PA of 180 which no other club knew, and of course, I only know his PA because of Genie Scout...

Genie Scout is somehow like a crystal ball... If it exists in real life, transfer flops won't ever exist... And that's why I use it because I always want my club to be successful (6)

Genie Scout gives you the exact PA and removes the feeling of "will he be worth it" because simply, you already you know he is, given that you know his current and potential abilities. It removes the gut-feeling-intuitative buying which for me, is the greatest feature in the game.

I have never used it nor have i ever had the urge to use it. Part of the fun for me is not knowing what heights a player can reach.
I couldnt possibly say if i think of it as cheating or not as i dont know enough about what it does.

iv used it in the past not to find player but to find out how much it will cost me to buy them
is it not just like using a scout as they tell u if a player is good or not etc ?

Personally I see it as a scouting extension because I can't honestly say I find the scouts on FM 110% reliable. And I do like a little assistance when it comes to finding good regens.

Does genie scout gives you the future attributes of a player? WTF? I read it again on the players forum from a guy that loaded his training and knew that his player couldn't reach a certain value..

Does it read your player's training? Cause if he does this is a really sick program! Absolutely brilliant and completely fun ruining.. I am really a retraining addict so my players stat balance change drastically and I am always concerned if a guy can become quick enough for a decent winger etc!!!