Do You Consider Genie Scout Cheating?

Genie Scout = Cheating if you're looking for players, not cheating if you're looking for coaches. Let me explain.....

With coaches, yes, they have a CA/PA like players, but I don't really consider that too much when looking for coaches. When I look for coaches, I'm looking for the ones that will immediately give me at least a 4-star rating (out of 5) in the training categories. I could spend days and days either doing the calculations manually, or plugging them into a Coach calculator, but Genie Scout does all the calculations for me and saves me a TON of time. The only advantage I'm gaining using it for coaches is time, so I can play more seasons before FM2012 is released. In terms of hidden ratings and tactical tendencies for the coaches, I'm sure they may be in Genie Scout, but I make a deliberate focus to never look at them, because I want the game to have that unpredictable feel to it. I believe Malkmus mentioned he uses it for coaches as well.....

With players, I can filter my search for youths, say 17 years old or under, with a PA of 180 or above, and then poach them from their other clubs. Sure, some may be misses, but most will be hits, and is a kind of "no fun" way to build your team, in my opinion. It gives you an advantage by making decisions based on obtaining information that you readily cannot get anywhere else in the game or calcualte yourself.

In the end, it all depends how close to a simulation you want your experience to be. This is truly a great debate and discussion!

I dont think its cheating because scouts in real life are much better than they are in the game.My scouts have always found **** players but I send them out again and again.

Some people in the forum argue the fm scouting system is unrealistic and doesn't work properly - I don't think so. In my opinion the scouting system is very realistic, but it takes a lot of time to get reliable informations about the players.

I will shortly explain how to find the best regens: first I filter the players (age: at most 18) and list them by value. Then I order my scouts to get report cards for the players - I start at the player with the highest value and go down the list. I scout several hundred players this way. In the next step I filter them by PA and read the reports of the best rated players. If their stats look good and they are interested in signing, then I order my best scout to watch 3 games of the player. Sometimes the scout will downgrade the player - but those who retain their good rating are potential transfer targets.

I used genie scout to evaluate the results of my work and they are pretty good. All of the best rated players (in my case 5 stars) had a PA of at least 170. Then I checked the ratings of several of the second best rated players (4.5 stars): most of them had a PA of about 150, some had a PA around 130 others around 170. Of course you won't find all the talents available that way, and you will never know wether a player has a PA of 170 or 192 - but do you seriously think there is a football club in the world that has knowledge of all the future star players, or scouts who are able to give precise information about the PA of a player?

The only downside of the fm scouting system is that it takes a lot of time to find good players - you will have to scout the whole year to get reliable reports, scouting during the transfer window is not sufficient. It would be fine if the scouts worked automatically that way. In my experience they never recommend good players, you have to find the players yourself. But using genie scout is still cheating - it simply gives too much information.

I just discovered FM Genie a couple of days ago. As many people already mentioned, it really doesn't matter what others think - if you enjoy playing the game using the application, then do it.

But just I installed it and tried it I have to say for me it completely ruins the FM experience and the FUN you get from the game.

Even though I play with Barça and have lots of money and huge prestige of the club which allows me to virtually sign any player in the game, the biggest fun of the game (for me) is seeing how that gem only you believed in develops and becomes huge star (much like the person who discovered Leo Messi now rejoices I bet).

I don't find it that bad, mainly because the scouts in the game are so ****. They always recommend me players like De Rossi, G.Rossi, Navas, Chiellini, Ibrahimovic, Pato, Villa etc and tell me they are a must sign for my team. I mean, everyone who watches football knows that! It's much easier now though ever since I found this site and especially Raikan.

Furthermore, even if the Genie Scout lets you know the CA/PA of a player and even shows the future attributes of the player, but that's not exactly how it is in the game. Most players usually have way different attributes in the future than the attributes shown by Genie Scout (although it is changing everyday) and it is a real tough task to get a player to fulfil his PA. The only bad thing about it is that you can find a remarkable regen by just a click, so I usually refrain myself from using the Genie Scout to look for players I need after the first season. I usually just use it at the start of the season to look at the PA of a few players (like how sometimes Fabio and Rafael only has a PA of 150+ so I had to restart the game! Just don't like to see that happening).

As for how much you can buy a player for, well, the information is hardly correct according to my experience.

Can't all people stop ******** about how they do not use it ? The question was if you think it is considered cheating, not if you use it or not. Nobody cares! And i think it is kind of cheating. Depends on what way you uses it.