Do you feel proud of your country, when the national anthem plays?

• Thread starter Thread starter Fish Hunter
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 71
  • Views Views 5K

Fish Hunter

Reaction score
Do you feel proud of your country, when the national anthem plays?

Personally, I feel very proud of my country. Our history, our culture and generally everything about it! I love Denmark, I just love it.

The reason I post this, is because Denmark is playing against our brothers from Norway right now. Just thought it would be interesting to hear your opinion.

Here is our national anthem by the way.

Der er et yndigt land
[video=youtube;27vjCOcLi74]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27vjCOcLi74[/video]

Best version I could find.

no its about 1(not even exceptional) person not the nation, feel proud when i hear irelands though!

no its about 1(not even exceptional) person not the nation, feel proud when i hear irelands though!
I see. Our national anthem is about everything that is great about Denmark. The title translates to: "There is an adorable country" so it's not about our king or queen. We have a royal anthem though. It's called "Kong Christian stod ved højen mast" translating into "King Christian stood by the lofty mast" It's almost exclusively used by the royal family though.

When Flower of Scotland gets belted out in Hampden, it makes the hairs on your neck stand up, great feeling, and makes me very proud to be Scottish

Best Anthem Ever :wub:

[video=youtube;hEPlgV6yMTY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hEPlgV6yMTY[/video]

I love joining in with the National Anthem, so I suppose you can say, it makes me feel slightly proud- Although I 100% think, Jerusalem would be a much better national anthem- A lot more pride involved, in my opinion.

It does, lovehearing them blast before we take on England in the ruggers especially.

[video=youtube;6rR-mrFpm1E]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6rR-mrFpm1E[/video]

God Save The Queen <3.... Despite the fact I'm against the monarchy think it's pointless and that either Land of Hope and Glory or Rule Britannia should be our national anthem there is NOTHING like hearing God Save The Queen belting from almost 90,000 English football fans, no doubt the most passionate on the planet when it comes to club or country and it does make me feel proud to be English.

I love our national anthem. (amhrán na bhfiann) Sends goosebumps throughout my body every time.

Last edited:
It does, lovehearing them blast before we take on England in the ruggers especially.

[video=youtube;6rR-mrFpm1E]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6rR-mrFpm1E[/video]

You just have to look at the Bull Hayes and O Gara to see what it means. Amrhan Na Bhfiann on All Ireland day beats all

I've been to Twickenham a fair few times to watch England play pretty much every big nation in rugby, have to say Irish were the loudest.
Flower of Scotland was probably the best though.

no England's anthem just puts me to sleep so dull

so slow and most of the players don't even sing it. Just boring and pretty outdated now tbh
Dude, it's not dance music. It's a national anthem. It's supposed to be slow. You couldn't have a rap song, it would be pretty **** hard for a choir to sing. I don't like classic music in generally, but there is something charming about singing the national anthem, together with a giant crowd. It's just awesome, I think.

The good thing about us Europeans is that we don't over do everything like the Americans. Have you watched the superbowl? You just see those giant NFL players cry, when the anthem plays. It's quite fun to see a big black guy cry like a girl :)

Denmark won 2-0 against Norway and Bendter scored the goals. He actually played very well, good his moving to Sunderland on a loan. Think he could a serious goalmachine, if got the playtime to develop his skills. Hope his loan deal to Sunderland, will stop him from being so arrogant.

Last edited:
Dude, it's not dance music. It's a national anthem. It's supposed to be slow. You couldn't have a rap song, it would be pretty **** hard for a choir to sing. I don't like classic music in generally, but there is something charming about singing the national anthem, together with a giant crowd. It's just awesome, I think.

not neccesarily. Listen to Mexico and Spain's national anthem not slow and sounds pretty good. Certainly something better to get the players fired up. When did I say I wanted a rap song... I would actually enjoy trying to see a choir trying to sing eminem :P

Back