Do you feel proud of your country, when the national anthem plays?

• Thread starter Thread starter Fish Hunter
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 71
  • Views Views 5K
**** right luke :) Bokkkke!!!!!

haha, yeah I know, it is out of 10, well sometimes 80/20 :) I am a General Manager for a large company here in Durban, I attend to tenders as one of my many jobs! you probably have come across one of ours before, I am actually from the Eastern Cape originally, P.E :)

as mentioned, there is way too much to delve into, it would take hours to write :)

Yea born in the friendly city;) So which company you with? You know in case i come across it and can procceed with the coruptionXD No I am playing hahaha... Gotta say missing those beaches in Dbn you never appreaciate the warm water until it gone haha... our English friends here I do not envy for their beaches haha

People seem to forget that God save the Queen is Great Britain's national anthem, and imo it should used when Great Britain are competing, not England. I honestly think England should have it's own national anthem, partly because GSTQ is unbelievably boring, slow and outdated.

Would rather have Jerusalem as it is much more uplifting than the current anthem.

People seem to forget that God save the Queen is Great Britain's national anthem, and imo it should used when Great Britain are competing, not England. I honestly think England should have it's own national anthem, partly because GSTQ is unbelievably boring, slow and outdated.

Would rather have Jerusalem as it is much more uplifting than the current anthem.

Thank you Luke, the first person i've come across that thinks the same as me. Every time "England's" national anthem plays I quietly say British national anthem and I think I have annoyed most of my friends with it :D

I completely understand your situation in SA. It's seems like a stupid system. If I were to govern a country, I would give equal rights to everyone. From what I read from your reply's I get the feeling that Mr. Mandela was a great freedom fighter, but a bad leader. He wasn't capable of making the right decisions for SA. The BEE system seems a bit odd. The social democrats here in Denmark, proposed that 40% of a board should be women. It just seems stupid. Let the freaking company hire the people, it thinks qualify for the job. I think the government should be passive and keep a liberal labor market.

As far as I know, a lot of white people in SA move to countries like Australia, USA, Canada etc. Is this because of the BEE system and because they feel exposed? It seems like a scary situation down there.

I hope to visit your country one day. It's the only country in Africa I really want to visit.

Even though am Scottish I'd love God save the queen to be the national anthem not the Flower of scotland

I completely understand your situation in SA. It's seems like a stupid system. If I were to govern a country, I would give equal rights to everyone. From what I read from your reply's I get the feeling that Mr. Mandela was a great freedom fighter, but a bad leader. He wasn't capable of making the right decisions for SA. The BEE system seems a bit odd. The social democrats here in Denmark, proposed that 40% of a board should be women. It just seems stupid. Let the freaking company hire the people, it thinks qualify for the job. I think the government should be passive and keep a liberal labor market.

As far as I know, a lot of white people in SA move to countries like Australia, USA, Canada etc. Is this because of the BEE system and because they feel exposed? It seems like a scary situation down there.

I hope to visit your country one day. It's the only country in Africa I really want to visit.
its easy to say that ;) but you have to understand Apartheid and what actually went on all those years back! the whites treated the blacks like absolute ****, it was disgusting, but we are being punished for what the previous generation's did and yes to a certain extent they need to be given an eqaul chance at education (as they were not allowed to study at Universities) but at some point it has to be brought back down to a level playing field that white, black, indian, coloured all have the same oppurtunities of jobs and may the most qualified/experienced person get the job regardless of race or gender...

but that is not going to happen until like 2030 if we are lucky! that 40% law is trying to force empowerment of women, its the same here, they do not force us to have 40% black board of directors.

its more than just the BEE system Fish, its crime, oppurtunities (job) your childrens futures, social and economic unstability etc etc... many different factors that encourage people to leave...

its not all fun and sun here :) but its not all doom and gloom either

I feel **** PROUD when I hear the Indian anthem played. It's short, sweet, precise, melodious and just gives you everything glorious about the country in 52 seconds.

And yeah, as to visiting countries in Africa. You must visit Kenya. A very good country and very friendly people. It's just great living there.

you should come to Durban mate, most populated city by indians anywhere in the world besides India :) god I love my curry :)

I want to come to SA too one day. And yeah, especially Durban. Heard a lot of good things about Durban and Cape Town from my friends there :)

---------- Post added at 07:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:54 AM ----------

The full, original version of the Indian national anthem (goes for 10 minutes with english translations):

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JltFQS9kFXA" target="_blank">

[video=youtube;JltFQS9kFXA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JltFQS9kFXA[/video]

JAYA HE ! Full National Anthem Jana Gana Mana in 39 voices - YouTube </a>

T
he modern, one stanza version of the Indian national anthem. Taken during the ICC Cricket World Cup Final versus Sri Lanka.

[video=youtube;VojrSX4WmT8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VojrSX4WmT8&amp;feature=related[/video]

It is very complicated and i could spend hours explaining it, but in short it is a beautiful country with tonnes of friendly warm people... not to mention Durban is the greatest city in Southern Hemisphere, hahaha we got the beaches the weather, the food... and the ladies man its perfect... i miss it.. haha

come visit man worth the trip definately:)

I always feel proud of my country when the anthem plays, although the anthem is awful. Rule Britannia or Jerusalem should be the anthem TBH. Even Spain's anthem Marcha Real(Royal March) gets people hyped up.

[video=youtube;nhrcQwfLIVA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nhrcQwfLIVA[/video]

I've always liked seeing the Italian's sing their anthem. So much passion behind it, especially the rugby players!

[video=youtube;TMBU2HzHeCs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TMBU2HzHeCs[/video]

Back