Do you follow the NFL?

wouldn't say that I follow NFL but watch it sometimes. just saw chicago win their game.

Baltimore Ravens FTW!! Been following them all seasons, saw them on red zone last saturday, or Sunday memory is bad!

Last edited:
yeah! only started recently! go new england patriots! got the playoffs ;D

Anyone been to the games at wembley? Might try to go to the next one, hopefully two of the bigger teams get picked this time :)

I don't like it. The play is too broken up for my taste. But at least it is better than AFL. I can't understand why my countrymen like that sport... It must be the ugliest sport to watch on the planet. If football is the beautiful game, then AFL is the ugly game.

I don't like it. The play is too broken up for my taste. But at least it is better than AFL. I can't understand why my countrymen like that sport... It must be the ugliest sport to watch on the planet. If football is the beautiful game, then AFL is the ugly game.

AFL is so weird, I have no clue what they are actually doing or what the rules are :S

AFL is so weird, I have no clue what they are actually doing or what the rules are :S
To be completely honest, neither do I <)

Going off topic... ;)

I like the emphasis on tactics that American Football has however, with the game being split up in to plays or whatever they are called. So that is perhaps the good thing about the game being split up. It is on TV here sometimes, and I watch a bit.

I follow the NFL. I follow the New York Giants.

I am a follower because I picked up NFL from EA's series of Madden games, which I started playing '07 on PS2 when I got it on my birthday. From then on, I have watched it and played the games, followed a few players such as Jeremy Shockey, Drew Brees, Eli Manning, Osi Umenyiora and others. They are 'American footballers' that I admire and enjoy watching.

The thing about American football is that, despite it looking like a softer version of rugby, with more rules and regulations - not to mention alot more Hollywood because of the draft system and the best players being celebrities outside of the game, but it's also a co-ordinated sport. You don't just take the ball run with it as soon as the ball is kicked. It being split into 'downs' and quarters makes it a lot more methodical and tactical. That's why there are two types of teams for all 36/38 NFL teams. An offense team and a defence team.

I know the rules and regulations, but I just tend to play the games more or even try playing it when ever I can. It's fun if you're playing without the normal rules.

Anyone have Madden NFL 11 on the xbox - Add xXIIMajorCtIIXx if you want a game :)

such an old thread ;) but no other official one...

I support the New England Patriots :) Tom Brady and Vince Wilfork are machines :) I recently bought NFL Madden 11 for my PS3 as I have owned a few older ones on my pc.. Love the game, wish my country played it! would have been a good TE :)

I am in love with Chris Johnson, I have never seen a player as good as him in Rugby, AFL or any game similar to this (contact, running etc type of sport)

just watch and appreciate this guys incredible talent.. 6th player in history to rush 2000 yards...

[video=youtube;PiTx-jZGCaw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PiTx-jZGCaw[/video]

AS previously said, its an old thread but the only NFL one around, so...

Im a huge fan of NFL, have been now for the past 4-5 years and i support Seattle Seahawks. Some might say, strange choice.. but its to do with family living in the area who sent me a Seahawks scarf years ago as a present! We are building a nice team, got some good youth in there aswell as the much needed experience in QB Matt Hasselbeck. Hasselbeck has been a machine for years now and a legend at Seattle, he owns just about every QB record for us. He is getting on a bit now and we haven't found a replacement which is worrying, we will get 1 maybe 2 years tops out of him and we let our 2nd QB go this summer so we're relying on a Rookie to come in and be a perfect fit.

Best moment of last season...

[video=youtube;jBHk9rc4hHc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jBHk9rc4hHc[/video]

Truly amazing considering the magnitude of the game and the opposition.

Funny how most people support the Patriots :/

Iv always followed NFL and follow the Phillie Eagles. I have family over there and I'v seen a few games when I stayed in my uncles. Havnt been over in a few years though. I just love the different tactical plays. Have a few mates that support the Cardinals. Always playing Madden on X box :D

Iv always followed NFL and follow the Phillie Eagles. I have family over there and I'v seen a few games when I stayed in my uncles. Havnt been over in a few years though. I just love the different tactical plays. Have a few mates that support the Cardinals. Always playing Madden on X box :D

Love the sport man! Easles.. you could do worse :p Yeah im the same, hopefully ill see my first game in November if they can sort out this bullshit lockout. IM always playing it to... on playstation ;)

I support the Patriots, but then again I'm from New Hampshire, they are my local team and I've always supported them.... there were certainly rough times before the recent dynasty we have created.

Love the sport man! Easles.. you could do worse :p Yeah im the same, hopefully ill see my first game in November if they can sort out this bullshit lockout. IM always playing it to... on playstation ;)

Lockout is just about sorted. The two sides are hopeful of a global settlement in the near future. And don't be talking bad about the Eagles, they are my second favorite team ;). I live near Philly when I'm at University, so I've made it to a couple of their games.

I support the Patriots, but then again I'm from New Hampshire, they are my local team and I've always supported them.... there were certainly rough times before the recent dynasty we have created.

Lockout is just about sorted. The two sides are hopeful of a global settlement in the near future. And don't be talking bad about the Eagles, they are my second favorite team ;). I live near Philly when I'm at University, so I've made it to a couple of their games.

Yeah i was reading that the lockout should be sorted within the week. This is gunna be a crazy 2 weeks for the Seahawks! WE have a lot of positions to fill from the free agents and have to make a big decision on whether to keep Hasselbeck or let him go!
I dont mind the Eagles i just hope we can get Quinten Mikkel of them because he is a possible free agent :p

I'm sure they will end up keeping Hasselbeck. He is certainly not at his best anymore, but at the same time I don't know who they could get in as a replacement that would be an improvement on Hasselbeck. If the lockout does end within the week, then it will be a crazy two weeks for every team in the league. There is so much lost time to make up for.

I'm sure they will end up keeping Hasselbeck. He is certainly not at his best anymore, but at the same time I don't know who they could get in as a replacement that would be an improvement on Hasselbeck. If the lockout does end within the week, then it will be a crazy two weeks for every team in the league. There is so much lost time to make up for.

My thoughts exactly. But they we're thinking Charlie Whitehurst could make the step up and become No.1, but i dont think he's good enough. Best case scenario, we do terrible this season and get first pick and sign Andrew Luck (Best college QB over past years). Yeah its going to be really exciting to see whats going on.. will be CRAzY!