Do you think Rafa Benitez should be replaced and why?

Do you think Liverpool should replace Benitez?

• Yes

Votes: 63 71.6%
  • No

Votes: 25 28.4%

• Total voters
To be honest why does it even matter what we think? At the end of the day, our owners don't give a **** about our club and only want to make a profit - So if it involves dipping their hands in their pockets to pay Rafa off to go it isn't gonna happen.

The problem I see with Rafa is his inability to nurture young talents. His buying of players is also kinda weird. He tends to sign lots of players with a relatively cheap price rather than going for a big one in a go. Dossena 7m, Babel 11.5m, Kyrgiakos 2m, Aquilani 20m (could be a bargain, but Sneijder was out there for 13m!) and Lucas 8m, which now seems to be way too much. For those saying that Benitez had managed to unearth Mascherano and Torres, you're wrong. You can't unearth a player that is already known. Torres was Spain's golden boy even before he went to Liverpool, and Mascherano has a hefty price tag of 18.6m.

Other than the players that he bought, he seems to be doing something very wrong in selling players too. Riise 4m (really, for that cheap?), Peter Crouch 11m (should've kept him, oh well), Alvaro Arbeloa 3m (ASK FOR MORE!), Sinama Pongolle 2.7m (which now seems to be a bargain), Luis Garcia 3.5 and the Keane fiasco. You might argue about Crouch and Pongolle, but I reckon that they're better than Voronin and N'gog as Torres' backup. Crouch could offer a different diversity to the game too.

But regarding his tactical knowledge, I think he is almost unrivaled in it. Shame on the one who criticized his tactics. That's why Liverpool always do so well in cup games. The problem with his tactics is that sometimes he put the wrong player in the wrong position.

Yeah we don't have any money, hopefully Dossena will be on his way out but with the £5-6m we get for him it's pretty hard to buy anyone with quality for that amount, especially in January when prices are usually inflated.

Maybe this January we will also see Babel leave.

If we did sell players i think they would be
Dossena £5-6M
Babel £9-10M

That is all that would go if we did sell and then we would have around £14-16M maybe less maybe more and no doubt Rafa would buy some player we have never heard of when he should buy maybe a better backup for Torres.

Dossena £5-6M
Babel £9-10M

That is all that would go if we did sell and then we would have around £14-16M maybe less maybe more and no doubt Rafa would buy some player we have never heard of when he should buy maybe a better backup for Torres.

we could also sell some people like plessis(who deosnt seem like he'll make it), itandje, degen and el zhar.

Cant see Benitez getting sacked if im honest, i definately can see him resigning tho as he has become very frustrated lately and i cant see him holding out any longer. Benitez definately should of kept crouch what a partnership that would of been..

we could also sell some people like plessis(who deosnt seem like he'll make it), itandje, degen and el zhar.

But is there any point really.?

I mean would we get over £1-2M for them most likely not so we should just keep them you never no when we might need them.

And the only reason they don't like they will make it and don't look good, confident, ect ect is because Rafa dose not play them very much i mean look at arsenal all them young players who once had no confidence ect and now look at them some of them play in the CL now and start some games in the league Rafa should start playing them more maybe even 1 or 2 look a martin kelly last night he looked pretty good but he wont play again will he?

---------- Post added at 01:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:53 PM ----------

Cant see Benitez getting sacked if im honest, i definately can see him resigning tho as he has become very frustrated lately and i cant see him holding out any longer. Benitez definately should of kept crouch what a partnership that would of been..

That is what i have always said Torres & Crouch upfront would of been super with gerrard behind and masch in a CM/DM role that would of been ace for us

---------- Post added at 01:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:54 PM ----------

BTW Gatid did you get my PM.?

Dossena £5-6M
Babel £9-10M

That's basically just 1-2m below the price that Liverpool bought them for. I for one think that its impossible to sell that much.

for degen, plessis, el zhar and itandje i could see 3m plessis/ 2m el zhar/ 3m itandje and 3m degen which isnt bad. so in total with babel and dossena thats aroun 20m and he could buy a good striker for that.

i honestly cant see anyone taking babel off your hands for 10m.

yea at the moment i cant see it meself

i dont get how he is good for holland and **** for liverpool

promblems with rafa i would say

Maybe because for Holland he plays upfront i think.?
But with Liverpool he plays on the left even tho he is right footed and cant even hit a ball with his left so he would do better on the right as on the left he has to cut in all the time

Well a lot has been said already on this subject,somethings i agree with & some things i don't.
Firstly as i've said before in a few threads Liverpool aren't a sacking club so i doubt Rafa would be
sacked especially while the season is still going! Secondly say they do part company with Rafa at
the end of the season realistically who would they appoint.Some people mention the names of Mourinho,Mancini etc etc but that'll never happen.Personally i would prefer a british manager to be in charge somebody like Martin O'Neill!

I can't believe people are saying he deserves to go? And to all the Liverpool fans turning on Rafa, what is wrong with you! He may sometimes waste money but he has brought in a whole new squad, a squad who WHEN FIT (;)) could win the Premier league... Fans like that are a let down :l

Even if he was sacked... We wouldn't even have enough money to replace him, especially with a manager that AlMiller79 clearly just randomly picked out of a hat like Mourinho, O'Niell and Mancini...

Some people mention the names of Mourinho,Mancini etc etc but that'll never happen.Personally i would prefer a british manager to be in charge somebody like Martin O'Neill!

Mancini is clubless at the moment. I'm sure if Liverpool did sack Rafa, and they approached Mancini he'd jump at the chance to manage a club with the pedigree Liverpool have, and the chance to work with player like Gerrard, Torres, Mascherano, Carragher etc. Martin O'Neill wouldn't leave Villa, not with the project he's got going on there. I don't see him leaving there any time soon.

He tends to sign lots of players with a relatively cheap price rather than going for a big one in a go.

Liverpool haven't been in the same position financially as Utd, Arsenal, and Chelsea. So we cannot simply go out and spend our entire budget on one player. Don't you remember all the doubts that were cast when he spent £20m on Torres? Benitez has bought players in the lower price ranges because he's had to build an entire squad from scratch, only now are we getting close to a settled team where we can add one or two quality players each season (Johnson and hopefully Aquilani).

Well, I think he should go, but mainly because I like a bit of a shake up, keeps things interesting (I must be the only Utd fan who is excited about the day Sir Alex steps down, not because I dont love him, just because it will be very interesting...)

Benitez, Benitez, Benitez....

Well, his buying hasnt been all that great. Torres and Macherano great buys, but as someone pointed out, not remotely close to being "unearthed" by Benitez... Not a problem, a manager doesnt have to unearth new talent, getting proven quality is not a problem.

Note this though, those two who, along with Alonso, are I think clearly his best signings, all cost money (Alonso not too much, but £10m or whatever it was was more in 2004 than it is now). Real money. I am not surprised that so many players bought for a few million here and there were not a success.

With hindsight.. He basically should have bought one good player per year rather than so many squad players.

And Aquilani for Alonso is a horrendous swap. Aquilani is not an unknown quantity, he is a good player who ALWAYS gets injured (which is a big problem for a club that rely on their two best players not getting injured). And as someone pointed out, Sneijder was available for a little more than half that price...

And lets not forget, he lost Alonso because of the way he treated him last year...

Benitiez is suffering because some players are out of form to be honest, I have never seen their defence playing so badly. His fault, or one of those things?

In a way Benitez would benefit from leaving, he won the champions league, always does well in it, re-invented Liverpool as a force in football. He could easily spend 3 more years fruitlessly looking for the Premier League title.

Inter Milan would love him, he has proven ability in the Champions League, something Mourinho doesnt really... (sorry don't want to upset anyone... but just look at Inter's current champions league campaign).

But anyway. I think if the club had a chief exec who was in charge, he would be in trouble, but I doubt the owners could agree on such a thing.

As for "the owners have to leave" argument put forward by someone, thats just pointless, its their club, they can sell out or stay as they want, their current issue is their form.

Personally I think Benitez is dull, I am not convinced by his transfers, and woefully little has come out of the youth ranks (as someone mentioned, he has been there a long time). However, I would go as far as to say that in one off games and in cup competitions, there is probably no one better in the world.

(and as someone else said, it is almost shocking that Arsenal get away with achieveing much much less than Benitez's Liverpool in last 5 years or so. I guess thats because at least you can see there is a plan at work, and you either you buy into it or you don't, maybe the problem is that Benitez doesnt give the impression he has a vision).

Well, I think he should go, but mainly because I like a bit of a shake up, keeps things interesting (I must be the only Utd fan who is excited about the day Sir Alex steps down, not because I dont love him, just because it will be very interesting...)

Benitez, Benitez, Benitez....

Well, his buying hasnt been all that great. Torres and Macherano great buys, but as someone pointed out, not remotely close to being "unearthed" by Benitez... Not a problem, a manager doesnt have to unearth new talent, getting proven quality is not a problem.

Note this though, those two who, along with Alonso, are I think clearly his best signings, all cost money (Alonso not too much, but £10m or whatever it was was more in 2004 than it is now). Real money. I am not surprised that so many players bought for a few million here and there were not a success.

With hindsight.. He basically should have bought one good player per year rather than so many squad players.

And Aquilani for Alonso is a horrendous swap. Aquilani is not an unknown quantity, he is a good player who ALWAYS gets injured (which is a big problem for a club that rely on their two best players not getting injured). And as someone pointed out, Sneijder was available for a little more than half that price...

And lets not forget, he lost Alonso because of the way he treated him last year...

Benitiez is suffering because some players are out of form to be honest, I have never seen their defence playing so badly. His fault, or one of those things?

In a way Benitez would benefit from leaving, he won the champions league, always does well in it, re-invented Liverpool as a force in football. He could easily spend 3 more years fruitlessly looking for the Premier League title.

Inter Milan would love him, he has proven ability in the Champions League, something Mourinho doesnt really... (sorry don't want to upset anyone... but just look at Inter's current champions league campaign).

But anyway. I think if the club had a chief exec who was in charge, he would be in trouble, but I doubt the owners could agree on such a thing.

As for "the owners have to leave" argument put forward by someone, thats just pointless, its their club, they can sell out or stay as they want, their current issue is their form.

Personally I think Benitez is dull, I am not convinced by his transfers, and woefully little has come out of the youth ranks (as someone mentioned, he has been there a long time). However, I would go as far as to say that in one off games and in cup competitions, there is probably no one better in the world.

(and as someone else said, it is almost shocking that Arsenal get away with achieveing much much less than Benitez's Liverpool in last 5 years or so. I guess thats because at least you can see there is a plan at work, and you either you buy into it or you don't, maybe the problem is that Benitez doesnt give the impression he has a vision).

WOW!!
Not really going to read it :) But i am sure it makes a lot of sense

That is what i have always said Torres & Crouch upfront would of been super with gerrard behind and masch in a CM/DM role that would of been ace for us

BTW Gatid did you get my PM.?

Yes i agree, Crouch provides the aerial threat they defiantely need as they two very good full backs in insua and glen johnson who are very attacking and can hit a cross without putting any effort at all. Torres is the technical genius and is pretty much everything lol.

Something i didnt mention in the privte message danny i already got your MSN you added me a while back its [email protected] but i hardly go on anymore got like 100 friends that keep talking and talking and talking not that i dont like them tho.