Donnelly1's BaM - Gameplay & Discussion Thread

Retirements :':)O:'(

Keith "Cheggers" Chegwin
View attachment 184342
Today the world of football mourned the loss of one of the greatest managers ever. At the age of 63 Keith decided it was time to leave. He amassed 1540 games and had an amazing win ratio of 62% for his entire career. He suffered relegation once but more than made up for that by winning 11 league titles across England, Germany and Italy. Out of them, 9 were top division titles. Along with Leagues he had 29 Cup wins.
His best time came with Juventus were he dominated Italy and Europe for 12 long years. His all conquering side collected 7 Italian Super Cups, 4 Uefa Super Cups, 4 Club World Championships, 3 Coppa Italia's, 1 Europa League, 8 Serié A titles and 4 Uefa Champions Leagues. His Talents were recognised throughout his career and he collected 32 individual awards.
View attachment 184344View attachment 184343View attachment 184345View attachment 184349

Hall Of Fame
After all he has achieved in his career it is only natural that Cheggers be up there with the greats. He is the best English manager of all time and the most succesfull in Italian football. He also is the 3rd Greatest European manager ever and Keith "Cheggers" Chegwin is now known as the 3rd Greatest manager ever period. Only Carlo Ancelotti and the great Sir Alex Ferguson have achieved more in the game we call football.
View attachment 184348View attachment 184350View attachment 184347View attachment 184346

Has everybody retired?

no, 6 remain but 4 of them are retiring at the end of next season so only 2 will be left.

---------- Post added at 07:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:15 PM ----------

Keith Chegwin's last screenshots have now been added to the OP :)

---------- Post added at 08:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:35 PM ----------

Jan 2044 update:

Barney Stinson has been sacked by Denmark due to failing to qualify for this years European Championships after losing their Play-Off 4-2 on aggregate over 2 legs.
Malte Meier has been sacked by Spurs after they dropped to 8th in the Championship.

I shed a tear for Cheggers, now resting on a beach in Hull

Donnelly this has been quality, cheers for running it and all the best !

Retirements Update: :'(

Josh Wignall
View attachment 184376
Josh has retired after managing 1367 games for 17 clubs and 2 stints with England. He had a win ratio of 52%. He won 2 league titles and 4 Cup victories. All but 1 of them came with Marseille where he was the first of us to win the Uefa Champions League. He also collected 2 Ligue 1 titles while ruling French football for 4 years.
View attachment 184387View attachment 184389View attachment 184374View attachment 184381

Hall Of Fame
At one point Josh was as high as the 6th best manager in French football and 6th best English manager. But he has since dropped to the 10th best manager in French football history and the 9th best English manager ever.
View attachment 184380View attachment 184388

Malte Meier
View attachment 184377
Over his career Malte managed 16 clubs and the Denmark national team for 1123 games with a win ratio of 45%. He recieved 8 individual awards including Spanish manager of the year award while he was A.Madrid manager. Also in that tiime he won the Spanish title and the Spanish Super cup. After going across Europe he returned to Spain in charge of Sevilla where he won the Copa Del Rey. In total he won 2 Cups and 1 league title. He also had 1 promotion and 1 relegation in his time.
View attachment 184385View attachment 184384View attachment 184390View attachment 184373

Sattam Majumdar
View attachment 184378
Sattam leaves a legacy of 1598 games over 16 clubs with a win ratio of 49%. He achieved 1 promotion and 1 relegation along with a FA Cup(with Spurs) before he moved to what would be his final club. At Manchester City he succeded in winning the Premier League, 2 Uefa Champions League, a Carling Cup, his second FA Cup, a Community Shield and 2 Club World Championships.
View attachment 184375View attachment 184391View attachment 184382View attachment 184379

Hall Of Fame
Sattam will go down as the greatest Indian manager ever.
View attachment 184383

Just a little funny I thought. The unemployed manager, called BaM, has been offered the Portsmouth job even though he has no experience and has never shown any interest in a job for 34 years. :p
View attachment 184386

you a manager with no experience gets offered a job in the prem while im still stuck managing scotland under 20s :mad:

Josh Wignall, Malte Meier and Sattam Majumdar have now been immortalised by beeing added to the OP ;)

This has been really good. Never followed a BAM before and joined in a quiet moment at work. Fair play Donnally must of taken alot of work, been a class read. How about a BAM with a crazy database next??? ;)

Retirements :'(

Barney Stinson
View attachment 184427
Barney has retired after 34 long years in football management. Over that time he has managed 9 clubs and the Denmark National team on 3 different occasions for a total of 793 games. He had a win ratio of 38% in his career. He gained 2 promotions and suffered 4 relegations in his club career. He was unable to win any league titles or Cups but he did take Denmark to numerous European Championships and World Cups. In total Stinson was in charge of Denmark for 13 non-consecutive years.
View attachment 184428View attachment 184429View attachment 184430View attachment 184431

Only 2 managers remain; current Republic Of Ireland boss Ryan Donnelly and Scotland U21 coach Connor Cannon.

Retirements :'(

Ryan Donnelly
View attachment 184480
At the age of 65, Ryan Donnely has retired. In a career that has spanned 3 and 1/2 decades he managed 6 clubs, ROI U21's, N.Ireland twice and the ROI twice for 796 games. He had a win ratio of 37%. His only League win or any silverware for that matter came in his first season as a freshed-faced 30 year-old who took Crawley town to the BSP title. Quite amazingly, over his career he spent 21 years in International management. In that time he took N.Ireland to the European Championships and in his greatest achievement he lead his Republic of Ireland side to to a Fifa World Cup.
View attachment 184479View attachment 184482View attachment 184478View attachment 184481

my final screenshots have been added to the OP :'(

---------- Post added at 03:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:14 PM ----------

I have decided to end this now as Connor Cannon just won't retire:;)
21 years in charge of Scotland U20's and only 35 games :p

so I am retiring him so I can get on to making up Leaderboards :)

Retirements

Connor Cannon
At the age of 65 Connor Cannon has had to retire due to health reasons :p. He has had one of the more unusual careers he only managed 584 games with a win ratio of 34% due to being Scotland U20 coach for 21 years and only get 35 games with them. He also had abrief spell with their U21's. But apart from them he managed 8 clubs, suffered 4 relegations and achieved 1 promotion.
View attachment 184510View attachment 184511View attachment 184512View attachment 184513

So the leaderboards I'm thinnking of are:
Most Games Played
Highest Win Ratio
Most Trophies (cups+leagues or two seperate ones?)
Highest Number of Awards
Biggest Net value of Transfers
Overall leaderboard (takes your average position over other leaderboard to discover best all-round manager)

How are they? If you have some other ideas just say and I'll see if I can include them ;)

---------- Post added at 04:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:57 PM ----------

To give most/all are participants time to be online and have a look at the suggested leaderboards I will wait until tomorrow evening to start posting them :)