Good updates there mate. Still going strong keep it going!!

Middlesbrough completes 3 signings in January
Middlesbrough Manager Steven Parker was able to make 3 signings for his Riverside squad in January.First and possible the most surprising signing with Liverpool also rumored to be interested in this player is the acquisition of 22 year old Norwegian international Ruben Yttergård Jenssen from Tromso on a free transfer. The talented central midfielder signed a 5 year contract that will keep him with the club until 2015.

The arrival of Jenssen could mean the departure of homegrown Richard Smallwood. Parker has been getting some calls about the 20 year old. Smallwood was said to be a possible regular for Boro in the future but so far hasn't lived up the expectations.

Middlesbrough's second signing of the winter was the arrival of 18 year old Georgian Midfielder Jano Ananidze. The deal for the youngster had been pre-arranged for 1,5 years shortly after Parker took the reigns at the Riverside Stadium. Ananidze is said to have "worldclass" potential written all over him.

Parker's final signing of the month was to bring in 17 year old Brazilian striker Wellington Silva who will join Boro once he turns 18 on January 6, 2011 for a fee of 275.000€. Silva is arriving from Brazilian club Fluminese and is said to test the waters in England with Middlesbrough's Youth squad first.

Parker won't sell Addison
Middlesbrough boss Steven Parker has turned out a 5,5 Million € over from Bristol for Co-Captain Miles Addison. Addison is already a key member of the Boro squad with his 21 years and could soon replace Patrick Vieira as the teams captain.

d48c57ec-5d31-4869-af8b-41c6f3cfb7b8.jpg

Won't leave Riverside this season - Miles Addison

Ebanks-Blake may leave
Sylvan Ebanks-Blake, who signed for Boro for 2 Million € in the summer, could be on his way out already. The 24 year old striker doesn't even have a regular spot in the team's rotation and Parker is willing to sell him for the right price. Portsmouth and Stoke are rumored to be interested in loan deals.

Sam Vokes could also be on his way out but it's unknown if Parker is already willing to give up his 3,4 Million € signing.

Some good signings there. You are certainly building for the future! keep up the good work!

Silva is a class act, i ended up paying £26million for him once for AC Milan. Still doing great though despite some of your results!

What pictures did u download to get those photo's?

that's the 50k Photo pack. Downloaded from here

---------- Post added at 04:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:28 AM ----------

January Update

Smallwood, Ebanks-Blake go out on loan
Just days after the signing of new central midfielder Ruben Yttergård Jenssen Middlesbrough has loaned out youngster Richard Smallwood to Dundee and Sylvan Ebanks-Blake to Leeds. Smaalwood moves to Dundee for a loan fee of 170k € until the end of the season while Ebanks-Blake will play for Leeds for 3 months.

League Cup Semi Finals Game 1: Chelsea vs. Middlesbrough 2:1 (Bosingwa (og))
Pretty good result thanks to Smithies. We took the lead early after Bosingwa scored on Cech but Chelsea quickly came back after a goal from Drogba. Ivanovic with the winner in the 2nd half. Still this away goal could be very important...

Game 21: Middlesbrough vs. Newcastle 1:0 (Walker)
Nice win but that should have been a 3:0 game at least. We completely dominated Newcastle and they didn't even have a regular shot on goal.Walker's early goal after 33 seconds was enough to give us 3 points against a pretty weak Newcastle team.

Game 22: Middlesbrough vs. Manchester United 0:1
We almost had the point there and would have deserved the tie but Welbeck's goal after 90 minutes secured Uniteds win. What happened to Lewandowski? :(

Game 23: Fulham vs. Middlesbrough 1:0
Again no goals. Nainggolans injury from the Chelsea game seems to have hurt us more than I was expecting. Lewandowski&co still suffering from their goal drought.

League Cup Semi Final Game 2: Middlesbrough vs. Chelsea 1:0 (McGugan)
Middlesbrough advances thanks to Bosingwa's own goal in game 1. What a fantastic result and a great performance by the team, especially defensively. We're going to Wembley!!! Could this be Boro's second title after 2004?

Middlesbrough will play the final against Tottenham.

FA Cup Round 4: Aston Villa vs. Middlesbrough 2:1 (Vokes)
Just 3 days after beating Chelsea we suffered a bitter defeat against Aston Villa. Carew was unstoppable and scored both goals for Villa. Disappointing to go out that early but was against a pretty strong team.

Game 24: Bristol vs. Middlesbrough 0:2 (Wood (2x))
Great performance by Wood, he scored 3 goals but had one disallowed. Also happy about the performance from the rest of the team. Glad to see us netting the points against the other promoted teams :)

Game 25: Middlesbrough vs. Birmingham City 1:1 (Wood)

Ugh. Just a draw against dead last Birmingham. We should have won this for sure. Lewandowski still struggling in front of the net. I really need his goals, hope he can bounce back soon.

League Table

Still a pretty decent league position despite this defeats. Disappointed to go out of the F.A. Cup already but never expected to reach the Final of the League Cup. That win against Chelsea could very well mean the guarantee of European football at Riverside next year. Hopefully :D

Player of the Month
ChrisWood_2402297.jpg

Chris Wood scored 3 goals in just 2 games this month after being absent with the New Zealand National squad

Last edited:
Try giving Lewandowski some rest for a week or so, try Sam Vokes, when I was Wales manager he was amazing, wins every header.

February Update

Game 26: Tottenham vs. Middlesbrough 1:0

Tough defeat against one of our rivals for European Football. Tottenham was the better team so it's a deserved win. Strikers still suffering from their goal drought. We might go back to the good old 4-5-1 again with just Wood up front soon...

Game 27: Middlesbrough vs. Portsmouth 3:1 (Sulejmani, Wood (2x))

Good result against soon to be relegated Pompey. Wood fantastic again, only consistent goal scorer this season and just 18 years old. Wonder how much upside he has left...
Also a good performance by Sulejmani. He has troubles settling in but still plays pretty well. Just imagine if he's actually settled here :O

Game 28: Everton vs. Middlesbrough 0:0
Boring draw between the two sides. We we're the better team but again failed to score. Good performance defensively by the lads. A draw against Everton is a pretty good result so i'm pretty satisfied. Still paid a high price when we lost Kacar who will be out for the League Cup Final for sure. Not a fan of Vieira so far at all so that's a big hit for us...

Game 29: Middlesbrough vs. Bolton 0:0
What the **** has happened to our offense? We scored 108 goals last year and now it seems like I can be happy if they score a single goal. Big changes needed here pretty soon..At least our defense is one of the best in our first Premier League season.

Game 30: Manchester City vs. Middlesbrough 3:2 (McGugan,Jenssen)
:(
Really tough defeat. City was up 2:0 after two Robinho goals but we we're able to come back. Tevez goal after 92 minutes destroyed our hopes completely. City's coming closer...

League Cup Final: Middlesbrough vs. Tottenham
carling-cup.jpg

Middlesbrough's way to the Final:

Round 2: Carlisle vs. Middlesbrough 1:3
Round 3: Middlesbrough vs. Doncaster 4:2
Round 4: Middlesbrough vs. Blackburn 2:1
Qtr Finals: Middlesbrough vs. Bolton 2:1
Semi Finals Leg 1: Chelsea vs. Middlesbrough 2:1
Semi Finals Leg 2: Middlesbrough vs. Chelsea 1:0

Tottenham's way to the Final:

Round 3: Preston vs. Tottenham 0:5
Round 4: Tottenham vs. Southend 2:1
Qtr Finals: Liverpool vs. Tottenham 1:2 (Extra Time)
Semi Finals Leg 1: Wolverhampton vs. Tottenham 0:2
Semi Finals Leg 2: Tottenham vs. Wolverhamtpon 1:2

Key Players:
Jermain Defoe
jermain-defoe.jpg

Joe Hart
Joe_Hart_Manchester_City_v_West_Ham_624735.jpg

We've won the Carling Cup!!! Absolutely fantastic result and great game by the lads. The game was pretty even as you can see but the win definitely wasn't undeserved. We're going to Europe again!

SNN2419AROBOT_5__739793a.jpg

League Table:

What a month! Somewhat disappointing in the Premier League but our win at Wembley was fantastic. Tottenham, City and maybe even West Ham and Everton could very well move ahead but i believe we'll still finish waaaay ahead of expectations and of course nobody ever thought of playing in Europe next year.

Player of the Month:
michael_dawson1_633572601095937500.jpg

Michael Dawson once again was brilliant for Boro with a 7.2 Rating over 6 Games.

Mylevskyi turns down Boro offer - will sign with Valencia
Artem Mylevsyki has decided to sign with Spanish club Valencia and has turned down the 4 year offer from Steven Parker who wanted to bring him to Middlesbrough next season. Mylevskyi has been on Parker's list for almost 2 years now. Parker intensified his efforts to bring in the 26 year old Ukrain international in the winter after seeing his strikers struggling in front of the net. Parker will have to look elswhere...

38100.jpg

---------- Post added at 07:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:42 PM ----------

March Update

Game 31:

Another good result against Arsenal. And once again we came back into the game. Switched to 4-5-1 for this game and after a horrible first half the lads played much better. Still keeping our (small) chance for Champions league Football...

Game 32:

What a game! Switched back to 4-4-2 with Wood and Lewandowski up front and it worked like a charm. Lewandowski ended his goal drought after over 20 hours. Always nice to win against a rival especially if you win like this

League Table:

Just 2 games for us this month but i'm satisfied with both performances. We're still 6th (although Tottenham has played just 30 games) which is a great achievement. 5 points ahead of Everton. A 6th/7th place finish would be amazing but looking at the table we also have a decent chance at the Champions League...
Player of the Month
lewandowskilech249.jpg

Lewandowski, simply because he's back

Last edited:
Just read it from the start buddy. WOW. Best story i've read on here. Congrats on Carling Cup. Push for 4th Buddy. :)

Still doing amazing! Congrats on the Cup win, Middlesborough back in Europe. Brilliant!

Updated my story too if you fancy checking it out :D

Congratulations on the cup win :D good to see you scoring again and wood has been brillant for you his value must be rocketing up!

April Update

Game 33: Middlesbrough vs. Stoke 4:0 (Lewandowski,Wood,McGugan,Walker)
Wow, another great game. Doing great offensively the last two games. If we can keep this up the 4th place is definitely within reach. Great to see Lewandowski finally scoring again :)

Game 34: Middlesbrough vs. Chelsea 0:1
****, that was close. Wasn't a really good game by both sides but Chelsea at least did score. That defeat probably means the end of our (small) dream of the Champions League...

Game 35: Aston Villa vs. Middlesbrough 1:2 (Sulejmani,Ananidze)
Great win and first goal for Ananidze with Boro after replacing the injured Sulejmani after 62 minutes. Joe Hart was spectacular in net. Mr Capello, do you actually watch him play???

Game 36: Hull vs. Middlesbrough 2:4 (McGugan,Sulejmani(2x),Ananidze)
We're still in the race for the 4th spot thanks to a 4:2 win over Hull. Sulejmani was great and also nice to see his backup getting another goal. With Eriksen still in our system i'll have some difficult decisions to make next season...

League Table:

Good month by the lads again. Tottenham still has 2 more games to play and is just 1 Point behind but the 6th Place would still be an amazing achievement. With 5 Points ahead of Everton our chances are pretty good. Never expected this in our first season back in the Premier League

Player of the Month:

art_large_18540.jpg

Miralem Sulejmani had 3 goals for Boro this month with a 7.7 Rating

---------- Post added at 01:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:09 AM ----------

Just read it from the start buddy. WOW. Best story i've read on here. Congrats on Carling Cup. Push for 4th Buddy. :)

Thanks pal, our chances are slim but will try :)

Still doing amazing! Congrats on the Cup win, Middlesborough back in Europe. Brilliant!

Updated my story too if you fancy checking it out :D

Thank you :)

Congratulations on the cup win :D good to see you scoring again and wood has been brillant for you his value must be rocketing up!

Thanks buddy. Wood is amazing. I quickly signed him to a contract extension until 2015. If some of the big boys want him they'll have to spend some cash :p

---------- Post added at 04:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:13 AM ----------

May Update

Game 37:
Middlesbrough vs. West Ham

We had a great chance to win this but blew a 2:0 lead (could have been 3:0 as Wood had a goal disallowed. Looking at the table now we could fall all the way down to 8. That would be a really disappointing way to end this great season but with Liverpool as our last opponent I don't have mich hope.

Other key fixtures for Gameday 38:
Chelsea vs. Newcastle (battle for the title)
Stoke vs. Manchester United (battle for the title)
Aston Villa vs. Tottenham
Manchester City vs. Bristol
Everton vs. West Ham

I see the Spurs, City and Everton winning their games, combine that with a loss against Middlesbrough and we're just 8th. However we also could help the Spurs with a win against Pool...
Interesting Gameday ahead...

Game 38: Middlesbrough vs. Liverpool

**** yeah! Fantastic performance to end a brilliant season. Down early and I already thought it was over :p but Lewandowski and Burdisso took care. Absolutely delighted with this place 5 finish. We've completed a great first season back in the Premier League and will be going to Europe again. Delighted but we've got a lot of work to do :p

Player of the Month
250px-LewandowskiR.jpg

Again, with just 2 Games played i have to pick the difference maker - Lewandowski

Fantastic finish, 5th place. You are a great manager :D

reat season matey! Looking forward to the european adventure :D

i meant this site. Sorry for confusion

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/downloads.php?do=file&id=1040

---------- Post added at 12:10 AM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 11:02 PM ----------

Other competitions

Coca Cola Championship

FA Cup

Europa League

Happy to see Marveaux winning the Cup :)
Champions League

Stats

Vieira the big disappointment. I signed him because I thought we needed some experience but he never hit the ground here. Could very well be on his way out because I just dont want to afford 25k p/w sitting on the bench. Vokes and Rodriguez still have a lot to learn. Question will be if they get the time here.

Player of the Season
0,,10366%7E6860592,00.jpg

Chris Wood - 17 Goals in 32 Appereances for the 19 year old

---------- Post added at 01:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:10 AM ----------.

Addison looking to move

Middlesbrough Captain Miles Addison wants to move to a bigger club with Manchester United being the frontrunners right now. Manager Steven Parker is not willing to sell the 22 year old, who still has 3 years remaining on his current deal, for under 25 Million €. Addison was a key part of Middlesbrough's succesful last season. Juventus is also said to be interested in Addison. Could this great squad break apart?

Parker eyes Downing return
Stewart_Downing.jpg

Former Middlesbrough player Stewart Downing could be on his way back to Riverside Stadium. Downing is reportedly unhappy at Villa because of his playing time a
nd wants to return to his Middlesbrough. Middlesbrough boss Parker is very interested in bringing the 26 year old Winger back and is willing to offer arround 8 Million € to secure his return.

Burdisso to join Lyon
Central back Nicolas Burdisso will leave Middlesbrough after only 1 year with the club. The 30 year old, who signed a 2 year deal one summer ago, will join French giants Olympique Lyon for a fee of 8 Million €. "Nicolas wanted to leave to play Champions League football with Lyon and therefore we granted his wish. With just 1 year remaining on his current deal we just couldn't afford not to make this deal"

b-412781-Nicolas_Burdisso_.jpg

Nicolas Otamendi and Mathias Jorgensen are seen as possible replacements.

Last edited:
Nice update :) Looking forward to next season and how you can do in Europe. Wonder what budget you will get, hopefully around £20m.

Lovely Jubbly work. Doubley Good. You hit Europe and Cardiff hit Prem. :p

Keep it Up