Helli

Reaction score
200px-Middlesbrough_crest.png

Name: Middlesbrough Football Club
Founded: 1876
Ground: Riverside Stadium (Capacity: 34,988)
Chairman: Steve Gibson

Boro announce coaching change

Middlesbrough - FC Middlesbrough chairman Steve Gibson announced today that Gordon Strachan has been sacked after an internal controversy. Unknown Steven Parker has been appointed as a replacement for Strachan. He signed a 2 year deal that will keep him with the club until the end of the 2010/11 season. Parker's ambition for his first season as a Manager at the Riverside Stadium is plain and simple - bringing Boro back to the Premier League. In order to achieve that he has been given a transfer budget of 2.3 Million €. It's unknown what Parker has in mind concerning the current Boro squad.

Last edited:
Parker takes charge - makes first moves

After being relegated in the last season new Boro manager Steven Parker felt that there was need for a major shakeup and it didnt take long for him to make some moves he felt were absolutely necessary in order to get the team back onto the track. Until the official start of the Transfer Period on July 1 he was able to bring in 11 new players while 11 players also left the club. Parker is said to be very satisfied with the moves so far and he might not be done yet - according to several sources there's still some cash in his treasure box. Noteable signings include Chris Wood from promotion Rivals West Brom, Striker Robert Lewandowski from Lech Poznan and Danish wonderkid Christian Eriksen.

Note: I started this game on 10.2 but finally got some time to play again

Wow thats some serious money made! Might take some time to settle with all those new players, good luck!

Wow thats some serious money made! Might take some time to settle with all those new players, good luck!

it's awesome i still have about 10 Mil to spend (wanna get 2 more players) and i might have another one going out for some good cash. It might take some time to get this squad playing as a team but i already believe we have a lot of potential :)

wd with signings but like what jhopper89 said it may be a long time before the club will gel with all those new players

Try getting Harewood, he destroys the Championship. Also look at Dodo a LB and Verratti for the future, both amazing prospects. Matthew Booth, Masilela, Emil Johansson, Krivets and Nekhaychik are also worth a look.

Try getting Harewood, he destroys the Championship. Also look at Dodo a LB and Verratti for the future, both amazing prospects. Matthew Booth, Masilela, Emil Johansson, Krivets and Nekhaychik are also worth a look.

thanks mate, will take a look at them. I think I just need just one of CB/LB/RB that can step in right now as i have a nice trio in Pogatetz (who can play LB), Wheater and St. Ledger (can play RB too) on the back already. Might take a look at a guy like Naughton on loan maybe

Jonsson joins Middlesbrough from Hearts

Middlesbrough F.C. has made the 12th signing of the season. Versatile Iclandic youngster Eggert Jonsson joins Boro from Heart of Midlothian for a fee of 3 Million €. "Eggert is a very talented young player. He can play on multiple positions and still has a lot of talent left in him. I'm really looking forward to see him play at the Riverside Stadium", Parker said about his 12th signing of the period.

eggert-jonsson.jpg

Good player you've signed there mate...hope Eggert does a job for you!

Good player you've signed there mate...hope Eggert does a job for you!

thanks mate :) I was browsing through the Scottish league and found him there. I never saw him before but i just loved all the positions he can play. Hope he's worth the money.

Also jhopper89 thanks for Johansson! I tried to sign him but unfortunately he's out for a few months. Maybe in January again :)

Booth went to Lyon but i might have a great replacement, costly but might be very well worth it (stay tuned)

Yeh Johansson is a real good left back, solid in the Premier League so should be quality in the Championship.

Parkers completes busy first transfer period

Steven Parker officially claimed that he's done making moves after signing Right Winger Vladimir Weiss from Manchester City for a fee of 1.5 Mil. € and Miles Addison for a fee of 2.7 Mil € and goaltender Alex Smithies for 1.3 Mil €. Goaltender prospect Sam Walker also joined for 18.000€ and Lars Stubhaug was signed on a free transfer. "There's still some budget left but we feel that we've spent enough money. This squad has the potential to achieve our tasks this season and therefore I wont be spending anymore this transfer period", Parker said.

Boro also was able to sell some more players: Chris Riggott joins Ipswich, Shawky leaves for CSKA and Brad Jones was loaned out to Lyon for a year. Prospects Joe Bennett and John Johnson also left for new clubs and young goaltender Jason Steele was loaned out for 6 months.

Note: I had a gamecrash after the first transfer moves and i didnt save it before somehow (i thought i did). That's why Hubbins and Duffy join on a different day now (and Hubbins for a smaller fee).

Absolutely insane transfer list! Whose left from previous squad? Can we get some screenshots of tactics and lineup?

If you were Newcastle you'd earn more money selling your entire squad :p

Good Luck with this, will be heard to begin with.

Pre-Season Report

Game 1: Darlington vs. Middlesbrough 0:2 (Nainggolan,Lewandowski)
Game 2: Stirling vs. Middlesbrough 2:5 (Nainggolan,Wood,Marveaux,Smolarek,Lewandowski)
Game 3: Pollok vs. Middlesbrough 0:6 (Marveaux (2x), Lewandowski (3x), McGugan)
Game 4: Port Vale vs. Middlesbrough 2:3 (Lewandowski (2x), Nainggolan)
Game 5: Middlesbrough vs. Chelsea 1:1 (Johnson)
Game 6: Middlesbrough vs. Hibernian 5:0 (Wood,Eriksen,Lewandowski,McGugan (2x))

Player of the Pre-Season
lewandowskilech249.jpg

Robert Lewandowski - 6 Apps, 8 Goals, 2 Assists, 8.08 Rating