Dragon Age II

cant wait for it, downloading demo now, just wondering if i should buy it on ps3 or pc, hmms

Got it first try, servers must like me.

I had the first one on PS3 and was really into it at first, I'd been waiting excitedly for the month previous to it's release. I got bored quite quickly though and ended up restarting as a different character, only to quit again. I think the fighting just got repetitive, although the storyline was fantastic, rivaling metal gear (new one of which I cannot wait for).

I think I will end up buying DA 2, although I will end up quitting to play FM most probably. I can't seem to fully engross myself in more than one game at one time :S

I had the first one on PS3 and was really into it at first, I'd been waiting excitedly for the month previous to it's release. I got bored quite quickly though and ended up restarting as a different character, only to quit again. I think the fighting just got repetitive, although the storyline was fantastic, rivaling metal gear (new one of which I cannot wait for).

I think I will end up buying DA 2, although I will end up quitting to play FM most probably. I can't seem to fully engross myself in more than one game at one time :S
Combat in Origins is not for everyone - it is similar to Bioware's previous games (I'm thinking KoTOR). It is relatively slow, and you need to pause quite a bit a and quit up commands and use spells, stuns ect. intelligently - especially on harder difficulty levels. From what I have seen DA2 has changed combat quite a bit, it is faster and has more 'impact'. Whether this is a good thing or not, personally, I don't know yet. They tried to make ME2 more accessible, and IMO, that turned out half the game it could have been. But Bioware say you can still pause and queue commands to be executed as in origins. We will have to see.

Combat in Origins is not for everyone - it is similar to Bioware's previous games (I'm thinking KoTOR). It is relatively slow, and you need to pause quite a bit a and quit up commands and use spells, stuns ect. intelligently - especially on harder difficulty levels. From what I have seen DA2 has changed combat quite a bit, it is faster and has more 'impact'. Whether this is a good thing or not, personally, I don't know yet. They tried to make ME2 more accessible, and IMO, that turned out half the game it could have been. But Bioware say you can still pause and queue commands to be executed as in origins. We will have to see.

I seemed to get bored of fighting the same low level creatures all the time, only fighting the big creatures for the first time really gave me a kick, and they were far too infrequent for my liking. I'll be buying the new one though ;)

good frickin god. another 4 hours til downloaded demo :S

hopefully be worth it

Mine will be done in an hour and a half. So after the Champions league matches :D

It looks frickin' epic, can't wait to get my teeth stuck into this one.

It looks frickin' epic, can't wait to get my teeth stuck into this one.

I know. Just been watchin the trailers and it looks rather minty

Well, been playin the demo-and happy to say lappy handled it pretty well. Bit slow, but only because forgot to lower the graphic detail. Easy to use combat interface, plenty of blood and guts. Enjoyed it. Suspect I'll be gettin this on release day.

Last edited:
Okay played the demo the skill trees are much simpler and slick, the graphics have improved also very enjoyable watching your enemies explode in a sea of blood when you use a brutal 2 hander skill and they have low hp.

I like the speech reel it's not as simple as suspected you have always got the investigate option

Yeah, found it pretty much enjoyable. Shall be buying this one.

I have played through the demo twice now (Warrior and Rogue). I am pretty impressed with how it plays. Jumping around everywhere is fun as a rogue :p
Most of the complexity of Origins seems intact, even if it is hidden somewhat (I want my floating numbers back :'(). At first I was a bit skeptical that the ME style converstaion wheel would work in DA, but Bioware seem to have pulled it off. IMO a few of the options available in most conversations in Origins led to the same outcome anyway so it makes sense to strip away some needless options for a slicker interface.
One concern I have at the moment is skills not doing friendly fire. IMO that makes the game too easy... Perhaps there will be FF on hard and nightmare though.

Edit: There is an option to turn on damage numbers in the interface options but it is greyed out in the demo :)

Last edited:
If it is an upgraded version of Origins its going to be a winner, its simple ;) some people dont like the stop start tactical approach to the fighting, I for one love it, similar to one of my other favourites Neverwinter Nights 1 and 2 :)

some people enjoy the hack n slash which I cannot stand to be quite honest! going to download the demo now for the pc and give it a try :) cant wait :)

nice running commentary Tharros :) I think you and I share the same tastes in games :) and that being a good one ;) peace

---------- Post added at 01:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:08 PM ----------

anyone have the link for the Pc version?

I put a link in the OP Raikan ;)

And yes I do think we like similar games. Bring on March 8 :D

Edit: One thing that is annoying me is how different darkspawn look. They just don't look anything like they did in origins. Hurlocks don't look like hurlocks... Except ogres which look basically the same. For example:

DA: Origins - Hurlock

DAII Hurlock
01hurlock.png

Last edited:
Never played either of the games but KOTOR was one my my favorite games ever (and im not a star wars fan!)

Is the combat system the same on this as KOTOR?

looks better in mu opinion :) look like those things from 300 :) the elite forces of Xerxes :)

its 1.2gb's along the way :)

Never played either of the games but KOTOR was one my my favorite games ever (and im not a star wars fan!)

Is the combat system the same on this as KOTOR?
Yes. Combat in Origins is very similar to KOTOR. In DA2, it is still similar, but a bit faster, there is a greater felling of 'impact' + blood/gore. All the good stuff :p

looks better in mu opinion :) look like those things from 300 :) the elite forces of Xerxes :)

its 1.2gb's along the way :)

Well, I wasn't really commenting on the graphical fidelity. I'm just a bit puzzled why Bioware decided to change the art style for hurlocks/emissaries ect.

Yes. Combat in Origins is very similar to KOTOR. In DA2, it is still similar, but a bit faster, there is a greater felling of 'impact' + blood/gore. All the good stuff :p

Well, I wasn't really commenting on the graphical fidelity. I'm just a bit puzzled why Bioware decided to change the art style for hurlocks/emissaries ect.

Sweeeeeet. Might get the first Dragon Age then! cheaper and by the time I've got round to playing it though number 2 will be cheaper. Win - win!

Sweeeeeet. Might get the first Dragon Age then! cheaper and by the time I've got round to playing it though number 2 will be cheaper. Win - win!
You could look at getting Dragon Age: Origins - Ultimate Edition on Steam. It has Origins + Awakening + all 9 DLCs.