Dragon Age II

You could look at getting Dragon Age: Origins - Ultimate Edition on Steam. It has Origins + Awakening + all 9 DLCs.

I'd probably get it on Xbox, unless there are many major differences?

Suspect theres a game of the year edition out on 360? Not sure on price though

I'd probably get it on Xbox, unless there are many major differences?

Suspect theres a game of the year edition out on 360? Not sure on price though
1. There are some differences. The graphics are the best on PC and the PC version has modding capability and a sizable modding community for fan made content. There are some other smaller differences - the interface is different on the consoles and the console versions are restricted to 3rd person view (AFAIK), where as in the PC version you can zoom out further.

2. I'm not sure... I don't have a 360.

Back to DA2 discussion - Concerns with the Demo

I fear Bioware are trying to hide the RPG elements too much in the demo (Character creator disabled, inventory disabled). I can see they will be available in the full game, it just seems that everything is disabled giving players false impressions of what the full game will really be like. I can understand Bioware wanting to show off their new features and combat system, but IMO this demo may alienate true RPG fans and make the reconsider buying it.

Last edited:
Well, I wasn't really commenting on the graphical fidelity. I'm just a bit puzzled why Bioware decided to change the art style for hurlocks/emissaries ect.
There was a major revamp in designs for certain races wait till you see the Qunari they look nothing like they did before.
body-shapes.jpg

Is that a female Qunari second from left?

Downloaded both the PC and 360 demos, will give both of them a shot today.

mines a few seconds away :) ****** excited :) pity I got Footie tonight and then when I get back, United vs Om :) will have to play it tomorrow and over the weekend!

how many hours is the demo Tharros?

There was a major revamp in designs for certain races wait till you see the Qunari they look nothing like they did before.
body-shapes.jpg
They look similar to Origins. They just have horns and the male is darker skinned than Sten for example. I'm not even sure these are the same kind of Qunari that Sten is. He was sent from Par Vollen, which is much further north than where DA2 is set. Regardless, they are not as different as hurlocks or emisarries IMO. When you seen them in game and compare them you will see what I mean. Also, since when are hurlocks weak? They seem to be butchered too easily in DA2 :p

Genlocks are normally the weak ones :S There aren't any of those in the demo as far as I can tell though.

EDIT: Just read up on the lore, and it seem most Qunari are actually born with horns, and some without. Those without (like Sten) are considered special and those with horns sometimes get them removed.

Is that a female Qunari second from left?

Downloaded both the PC and 360 demos, will give both of them a shot today.

Yeah I think so.

Don't forget to be logged in so you get your free item ;)

Last edited:
I think they were weak because it's only a demo probably on easy mode. Also the in the tutorial part it was being described as part of a legend and legends are always super powered and untouchable, when the man tells the story as it happened your not as strong.

I think there is a big difference between the Qunari they look much less human like.
sten.jpg

Qunari-dragon-age-origins-17742633-1067-600.jpg

I think they were weak because it's only a demo probably on easy mode. Also the in the tutorial part it was being described as part of a legend and legends are always super powered and untouchable, when the man tells the story as it happened your not as strong.

I think there is a big difference between the Qunari they look much less human like.
sten.jpg

Qunari-dragon-age-origins-17742633-1067-600.jpg
No the demo is set to normal difficulty.

I suppose they look different. Perhaps those born without horns, have fairer skin? IDK.

mines a few seconds away :) ****** excited :) pity I got Footie tonight and then when I get back, United vs Om :) will have to play it tomorrow and over the weekend!

how many hours is the demo Tharros?

Probably an hour. But I played through each of the classes, so you could say it is 3. Like I said in my above post it really is just showing off the new combat over the prologue and a quest latter on. A big risk on EA/Biowares part IMO. I wouldn't judge the final game based on this demo too much as a lot of the actual RPG stuff isn't present in the demo.

Last edited:
Downloading demo, hopefully I can get into it.

Going to download this and if I like it buy the first one was always planning on buying it but never got around to it but if these are the guys who made KOTOR I have high hopes for this game.

Genlocks are normally the weak ones :S There aren't any of those in the demo as far as I can tell though.

Where is DA2 based? There were so many genlocks in DAO since you had the deep roads providing an easy supply of dwarves to be made into genlocks, the new location might not have much of a dwarf population.

Where is DA2 based? There were so many genlocks in DAO since you had the deep roads providing an easy supply of dwarves to be made into genlocks, the new location might not have much of a dwarf population.
Genlocks are the weakest type of darkspawn. I think you have them mixed up with Golems ;)

The start of DA2 is in Ferelden (Same as DA: O) but the majority of the game is set in Kirkwall and the Free Marches (north of Ferelden across the Waking Sea).

Genlocks are the weakest type of darkspawn. I think you have them mixed up with Golems ;)

The start of DA2 is in Ferelden (Same as DA: O) but the majority of the game is set in Kirkwall and the Free Marches (north of Ferelden across the Waking Sea).

Genlocks come from broodmothers that were female dwarves.

EDIT:
The race of the broodmother directly influences which kind of darkspawn she will birth. An elven broodmother will spawn shrieks, a dwarven broodmother genlocks, a human broodmother hurlocks, and a qunari broodmother ogres.

Ah my bad I read you post too quickly. Yes you are right.

Back to you other question: A map if you are interested. It is very high res ;)

Edit: Expanding on what I was saying before about the demo: I would be will to bet that Bioware did not want to make a demo and where forced to by EA.

Last edited:
Hope we fight more brood mothers in DA2 I want to see the various types the battle was entertaining :D

Edit
Okay we have seen darven broodmothers from DragonAge and a human broodmother from dragon age awakening. Personally I think they should commit suicide whilst they are changing end the war right away the end.

Last edited:
Hope we fight more brood mothers in DA2 I want to see the various types the battle was entertaining :D

Edit
I have just seen some pictures of DA brood mothers am I allowed to post them?

I expect that we will, on the DA Wiki there's a section on broodmothers in DA2, didn't open the spoiler though.

Looking forward to DA 2 tbh I got a bit lost in the first one lol but managed to finish it . Will deffo be getting it but I'm not sure whether to get it on pc or xbox 360

---------- Post added at 11:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:35 PM ----------

Just downloaded the xbox 360 demo its on the marketplace now ...please let it be cooooool lol there wasn't much wrong with the last one except the hack n slash

Really enjoyed playing the demo earlier on PC, will likely be my RPG fix until The Witcher 2 and Skyrim come out.

Trying out the 360 demo atm (played original on PC), not impressed. I do like the tone indicator when selecting conversation options though, hopefully that's in ME3 too.