Dragon Age II

Trying out the 360 demo atm (played original on PC), not impressed. I do like the tone indicator when selecting conversation options though, hopefully that's in ME3 too.

Yeah I watched some gameplay of it on Eurogamer, wasn't impressed with it at all, plus the camera looked very awkward.

I'll reserve judgment on the game as I am not prepared to base it on a demo. It is exactly that, a Demo. So much is disabled. It is basically a combat demo as there is nothing else in it. I would have honestly preferred not to have had a demo. I think it has skewed my view of the game - while I think the demo will be very different from the full game with access to all gameplay elements. Since when do Bioware make demos? I think the last time was NWN2....

On the topic of the camera - most of the time the camera is OK. Sometimes when enemies are further away, it can be harder to see them which can be annoying. I would like to be able to zoom much further out like in origins though TBH. Oh well, someone will probably make a mod when the full game comes out.

I'll reserve judgment on the game as I am not prepared to base it on a demo. It is exactly that, a Demo. So much is disabled. It is basically a combat demo as there is nothing else in it. I would have honestly preferred not to have had a demo. I think it has skewed my view of the game - while I think the demo will be very different from the full game with access to all gameplay elements. Since when do Bioware make demos? I think the last time was NWN2....

On the topic of the camera - most of the time the camera is OK. Sometimes when enemies are further away, it can be harder to see them which can be annoying. I would like to be able to zoom much further out like in origins though TBH. Oh well, someone will probably make a mod when the full game comes out.

They made a demo for Mass Effect 2 ;)

I'll play the PC demo sometime over the coming days, but I feel sorry for anyone who buys the console version. Console demo reminds me of FFXIII in many ways; annoying camera, very linear (although it was a demo), simplified combat where most of the time you're mashing just one button in control of one person and annoying, vacuous, generic, clichéd characters (hoping this isn't the case in full game)

i downloaded the demo, installed and it is giving me a .dll error... **** I hate those things! has anyone experienced this or am I just missing some files and need to do a .dll scan and updat of my pc?

Which .dll is it Raikan? Have you updated DirectX recently?

i cant remeber ;) will check it out tonight and take a screenshot :0 nah i have not, just got a new card a few months ago :) but I am playin Stalker prefectly ;)

So would their be no point of playing this game on PS3 as my laptop is nowhere good enough to play this game?

I just played this on PS3 and the gameplay is way better than in Origins. PS3 and Xbox versions are now playable.

I just played this on PS3 and the gameplay is way better than in Origins. PS3 and Xbox versions are now playable.

Grand going to download when I'm home.

---------- Post added at 04:14 AM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 06:55 PM ----------

Downloaded the game and loving it but I don't know what I'm doing ha, how do you block or dodge? I'm stuck on the 2nd ogre now just getting destroyed as I can't block and their is 2 many enemys.

Grand going to download when I'm home.

---------- Post added at 04:14 AM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 06:55 PM ----------

Downloaded the game and loving it but I don't know what I'm doing ha, how do you block or dodge? I'm stuck on the 2nd ogre now just getting destroyed as I can't block and their is 2 many enemys.
I just stay away from the Ogre until I have killed all the hurlocks - there is a second wave of them too if I remember correctly. Fighting the Ogre itself is not too difficult. Just move away from him or behind him as soon as you see him rearing up to attack so your party doesn't take damage.

this is odd....graphics card is only roughly 126-128 mb or something(integrated too), and it seemed to work pretty smoothly. just realised lol. take it cause its only the demo?

this is odd....graphics card is only roughly 126-128 mb or something(integrated too), and it seemed to work pretty smoothly. just realised lol. take it cause its only the demo?
That is odd... What graphics setting are you on? I'm only using medium since I have XP on my desktop still. I have been meaning to upgrade to Win7 for a while, but backing up over a terabyte worth of stuff will take too long... :S
I might DAII may force me to get around to it so I can play on High/Very High :p

That is odd... What graphics setting are you on? I'm only using medium since I have XP on my desktop still. I have been meaning to upgrade to Win7 for a while, but backing up over a terabyte worth of stuff will take too long... :S
I might DAII may force me to get around to it so I can play on High/Very High :p

Well on the lappy the resolution etc is default-haven't touched it. But in game it was on medium (which did make it quite jerky and a bit laggy), and all the rest was minimum. Wonder if all the up to date graphics and Div X drivers etc did something. Can't work it out myself-think I'm gonna double check. But it definately worked. Which made me happy.

Yep, system spec check by yougamers says 256mb graphics card is required-and yet i ran it on 128mb. Wonder if it would struggle badly later on in the game when everything hots up though

Edit-had graphics on medium, but anti-aliasing etc was off

Last edited:
I just stay away from the Ogre until I have killed all the hurlocks - there is a second wave of them too if I remember correctly. Fighting the Ogre itself is not too difficult. Just move away from him or behind him as soon as you see him rearing up to attack so your party doesn't take damage.

I did the exact opposite and focused only on the ogre. At my game, as long as I didn't hurt the first two Hurlocks that came with the ogre, the rest of them didn't even show up until I harmed one of the Hurlocks. It gave me the perfect time to take care of the ogre and then focus on the Hurlock wave.

I downloading the Demo now, i can't wait...yipppeee