Dragon Age II

Tharros

Reaction score
Rise To Power...
By Any Means Necessary

Experience the epic sequel to the 2009 Game of the Year from the critically acclaimed makers of Dragon Age: Origins and Mass Effect 2. You are one of the few who escaped the destruction of your home. Now, forced to fight for survival in an ever-changing world, you must gather the deadliest of allies, amass fame and fortune, and seal your place in history. This is the story of how the world changed forever. The legend of your Rise to Power begins now.

Key Features:

• Embark upon an all-new adventure that takes place across an entire decade and shapes itself around every decision you make.
  • Determine your rise to power from a destitute refugee to the revered champion of the land.
  • Think like a general and fight like a Spartan with dynamic new combat mechanics that put you right in the heart of battle whether you are a mage, rogue, or warrior.
  • Go deeper into the world of Dragon Age with an entirely new cinematic experience that grabs hold of you from the beginning and never lets go.
  • Discover a whole realm rendered in stunning detail with updated graphics and a new visual style.
YouTube - Dragon Age 2 Trailer - Destiny Extended

YouTube - Dragon Age 2: Rise to Power Trailer

YouTube - Dragon Age 2 Video Preview

System Requirements

Recommended:
CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad 2.4 GHz Processor or equivalent
CPU: AMD Phenom II X3 Triple core 2.8 GHz or equivalent
RAM: 2GB (4 GB Vista and Windows 7)
Video: ATI 3850 512 MB or greater
Video: NVIDIA 8800GTS 512 MB or greater
DirectX 11: ATI 5850 or greater
DirectX 11: NVIDIA 460 or greater

Minimum:
CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo (or equivalent) running at 1.8 GHz or greater
CPU: AMD Athlon 64 X2 (or equivalent) running at 1.8 GHz or greater
RAM: 1 GB (1.5 GB Vista and Windows 7)
Video: Radeon HD 2600 Pro 256 MB
Video: NVIDIA GeForce 7900 GS 256 MB cards
Disc Drive: DVD ROM drive required
Hard Drive: 7 GB
Sound: Direct X 9.0c Compatible Sound Card Windows Experience Index: 4.5

Demo download links

Bioware official site - PC (English, German, French)

Anyone looking forward too it? :D

I have the Signature Edition preordered for PC (H)

Last edited:
I'll probably give it a go, didn't really like the first one greatly though.

What didn't you like about it? Origins is one of my favorite games ever. The story and characters where top notch, but that is to be expected from Bioware. The graphics and combat where my only real concerns with Origins. Pathing was a bit off sometime as melee characters seemed to move about a bit before attacking. I believed this has been addressed in DA2. Combat seems to be faster, with more of an 'oomph' factor. When you press something, something awesome happens. :p
And obviously the graphics are much better.

My concern with DA2 is that Bioware will make the same mistakes they did with Mass Effect 2. That is, simplifying the game too much and making unnecessary changes to gameplay mechanics.

One of the best games I have played as well Tharros :) DA1: Origins :) I have not played a better RPG or game in fact :) its a tied first with ME 1&2 :)

Really looking forward to this game :) my Pc will be fine running it :) just the CPU is a bit old ( I have a Duo Core AMD 64 4.8mhz....) hmm :) I would prefer playing it on my PC than my PS3 though as RPG's are only played via a PC in my personal opinion :)

I'm not really sure, there was just something about it that I didn't really like that much. It is possible that I could try it again in the future.

A possibility that the graphics and very poor optimization had something to do with it.

Have you got enough smilies there Raikan? oO)

:p

@ Nathan - Well, the graphics weren't bad in Origins, but they weren't good either. Personally I did not have any problems running Origins, but I had just bought a new PC when it came out. It is a very good game if you get into it. With the characters in Origins IMO that is not too hard. They are interesting as are their sidequests. Read some of the lore too. It can be quite interesting.

OT: So the demo comes out in about 6 hours. So I'm going to go to bed soon, get up at 4-4:30 AM my time and start downloading, go back to sleep, get up again at 6:30 and watch the Champions league, and after that hopefully it will be done (Aussie ISPs :mad:).

Origins was a great game, I liked the pause and play micromanagement combat, but I'm worried for DA2.

Tharros, did you manage to kill Morrigans mom, the Dragon?

Origins was a great game, I liked the pause and play micromanagement combat, but I'm worried for DA2.
Yep, Nightmare difficulty FTW. While the combat is faster, they are saying you can still pause and micromanage as in Origins and that you will actually need to on the higher difficultly levels. We will have to wait and see.

Tharros, did you manage to kill Morrigans mom, the Dragon?
Flemeth? Yes. :D

Last edited:
I really, really want this-loved the first one. Was absolutely immense. Have a feelin it may kill the lappy though. Gonna try the demo and find out. Fingers and toes crossed.

I hope the story is as well done as it was on Origins. I cannot wait for the game but I have a strange feeling that this game won't be as good as Origins...

Never played the first one but going to download the demo for PS3 tomorrow, how would it fare against say the Elder Scrolls series or The Witcher?

Amazing game although I want to know what happened to the wardens kid! >.<

Whats 9 a.m PST in GMT terms? And any idea if demo will be on steam?

Looking forward to the Shogun 2 demo. but will download this aswell :)
Early reviews say its **** :(

Had a look at the gameplay of the 360 version, looks horrible. Although the PC version does use the style from the first game so it should be better.

---------- Post added at 10:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:28 PM ----------

PC demo apparently up for download, the Bioware site is having issues though.

Yeah it is out:
http://dragonage.bioware.com/da2/demo/

You might have to refresh a few times. The severs are angry...

Looking forward to the Shogun 2 demo. but will download this aswell :)
Early reviews say its **** :(
Early reviews of a demo? I have a problem with that... You don't review a demo. That is just stupid. It is a small piece of the game. To draw conclusions from that about the whole game, is a mistake. And if you mean about the full game, well, I don't have much faith in reviews anymore. There are few that are actually legitimate and non-biased. PC Gamer UK gave it 94, hardly bad, but like I said, I don't know whether to trust it.

Last edited: