NC1878

Reaction score
View attachment 224947

Without Everton I wouldn't be where I am today.
The club gave me an opportunity after my troubles in Scotland and I will be forever grateful.

I have grown to love Everton over the years, after a ten year playing career and having recently been appointed first team coach.

The knowledge and experience I have gained from working under Roberto Martinez has really given me that determination to succeed in the managerial game and I feel now is my time..

This is my journey.

Last edited:
View attachment 224936

It didn't take long for the offers to come rolling in. I attended both interviews and was quite impressed with both clubs, either job would be difficult to turn down if offered.

View attachment 224935

A return to Scotland seemed a fitting place to begin my managerial career and I look forward to seeing what I can achieve at Kilmarnock, the club have limited resources but that doesn't concern me.​

View attachment 952580

Without Everton I wouldn't be where I am today.
The club gave me an opportunity after my troubles in Scotland and I will be forever grateful.

I have grown to love Everton over the years, after a ten year playing career and having recently been appointed first team coach.

The knowledge and experience I have gained from working under Roberto Martinez has really given me that determination to succeed in the managerial game and I feel now is my time..

This is my journey.

nice story
o.png

The first few days in my new job flew by.
After meeting my backroom staff and the playing squad it's clear to see they are a good group of lads who will give their all to the cause, exactly what I want.

I quickly identified the core of my team.

GK - Craig Samson

Craig is a very experienced goalkeeper who has played at this level for the majority of his career, a very important player to us.

View attachment 224784

CB - Lee Ashcroft

Although Lee is still a young man without many games under his belt I feel he can become a main stay in the team, he is already of a good standard for this league with high potential.

View attachment 224783

CAM - Alexey Eremenko

Alexey is a man with a lot of experience especially at international level with Finland, he is highly rated by my coaches and has the potential to be our star player.

View attachment 224782

ST - Lee Miller

Lee looks a good lad, a target man figure who I expect to play up top alone.
His goals this season could be vital.

View attachment 224781

I am definitely interested in entering the transfer market to bring more quality into the side but with the small transfer budget it is unlikely I will make much movement.

A parent club to loan players from could seriously benefit us.

A good pre season with the first two games having been played before I joined the club.

View attachment 224778

Lee miller bagging 3 goals in 4 games. Hopefully he can maintain his form.

The tactic I am setting up with will be a robust 4-4-1-1 formation with overlapping full backs.

View attachment 224777

This looks as though it will be my starting 11 for my managerial debut barring any injuries before the opener in just under two weeks.

And so it begins! The first game of my managerial career will come away to newly promoted Dundee, a game we are expected to win.

View attachment 224470

Not the start I was hoping for. A bad result but also a really poor performance, if it wasn't for the brilliance of Alexey Eremenko we would have walked away without a single point.

A bit of a stupid question for some of the more experienced FM base users.

When updating my story and including images I receive a message saying post denied due to the number of URL's?

Would anyone be able to tell me how to get around this as it is really hindering me.

Thanks​

Unfortunately it's a kind of anti-spam measure which stops new users from posting lots of images and stuff until you've made a certain number of posts. The only way around it is to comment on other posts, that way you get your post count up - don't make them pointless posts though, or you might get in hot water with a moderator

Thank you for your response, thought I was doing something wrong!

Thanks man :)

Hoping to get an update out soon..

Our first home game of the season next up against a strong Aberdeen side, I'm hoping for an improved performance from our last outing.

View attachment 224030

Once again we struggled and if it wasn't for Eremenko we would have 0 points after two games.
Even at this early stage I'm looking at altering the formation to offer protection to my young and inexperienced defence.

Last edited:

I went ahead and changed the formation before our next fixture against Ross County to a 4-1-2-2-1 using a defensive midfielder to shield the back line.

View attachment 224028

And it paid off. We were much the better team and if it wasn't for Filip Kiss we would have walked away with maximum points. A much better performance, just need the results to follow suit.

Great to see Lee Miller get his first goal of the season also with a towering header that I would have been proud of ;)

After opening his account for the season in our last game against Ross County, this happened..

View attachment 223784

We lose Lee Miller for 3 months of the season. Absolute nightmare as he is the best striker at the club and a player I hoped to build the team around.

Onto our next game of the season, a home tie against Motherwell.

View attachment 223783

Our best performance yet. The lads were very composed in possession and strong in the defence. Rory McKenzie opened the scoring for us with a nice finish before half time, after the break Motherwell were reduced to 10 men after Keith Lasley picked up two quick yellow cards. Sammy Clingan finished the game of with a well timed header from a corner kick.

Onwards and Upwards..

Next up for us is an away trip to Forfar Athletic in the league cup 2nd round.

View attachment 223779

We made short work of our League 1 opposition with the game finishing 5-2. Paul Cairney opened the scoring from the penalty spot before McKenzie and Josh Magennis, our first choice striker after Miller's injury, made it 3-0. We did then allow Forfar a lifeline by conceding two fairly poor goals but we were always in the control of the game, even if our defending wasn't to sharp. Craig Slater and Josh Magennis rounded off the scoring. Onto the next round.​

The 1st of September. Transfer deadline day.

I was expecting a quiet day really, we have limited funds and no clubs have shown an interest in any of our players all summer, until this landed on my desk.

View attachment 223775

Premier league side Crystal Palace made a bid for my young star Chris Johnston and he wants to discuss terms with them. Chris has started the season fairly well and is a player with a lot of potential.

View attachment 223764

What was I supposed to do? The club are strapped for cash and I don't wanna hold the young lad back.
I managed to negotiate a deal for 850k up front with 150k over 12 months and 150k after ten league goals with a 20% percentage of profit from his next sale, a fair deal I suppose.

View attachment 223760

Good luck to you son.

I have my eye on a few loan deals to bolster the squad, but I'm running out of time..

View attachment 223755

I managed to bring in young Ben Davies on loan from Preston to provide cover at left back, a position where we are really short of depth.

View attachment 223754

I also struck a deal with Crystal Palace to loan their Ghanaian forward Kwesi Appiah. I feel we needed another striker to shake things up a bit, especially with Lee Miller suffering a long term injury.