View attachment 221716
View attachment 221715

As soon as I heard of the job opening I put my name in the hat and was then offered an interview

View attachment 221714

The journey continues!
Boro have offered me a way back into the game and I can't wait to see what we can achieve.

It's a nice feeling returning to England after spending a season in Scotland and a short period of time in Spain after my resignation. I lived in the North-East during my playing career having spent a spell at Newcastle and I know how much football means around these parts, I can't wait to get started.

Expectations

View attachment 221713

League Table

View attachment 221712

I take over with the club currently sat in 23rd place.
The team is much better than the table suggests, it's my job to rectify that.

View attachment 221711

An awful start to the season with only one win in the first eleven games.

I start my reign with a Home tie against Charlton.

Bring it on.

Last edited:
Hoping to get another update out tomorrow. Sorry for the delay!

Squad Depth

View attachment 220790
I have inherited a really strong squad, especially in the defensive areas.
The only downside being that both Grant Leadbitter and Kike are out with lengthy injuries.

First signing

View attachment 220789

One area I thought desperately needed some improvement was in central midfield, especially with club captain Leadbitter out injured. In comes Manchester United youngster Nick Powell on a 3 month loan deal.

October 2015

View attachment 220788

A fantastic start to life at my new club. Four wins from four, I couldn't have wished for a better start.

Charlton - Home

View attachment 220786

Not the best performance to begin my tenure but still a win. Charlton's Jordan Cousins opened the scoring by deflecting a Nick Powell shot into his own net. Joe Gomez then scored a headed equaliser from a corner kick and from then on it was all Charlton. I brought Ledesma into the game on the hour mark and it was his superb free kick which claimed the three points for us. A nervy start.

Nick Powell also picked up an injury which is set to keep him out for 2-3 weeks

View attachment 220785

Fulham - Away

View attachment 220784

Our excellent defence kept us in this game to be fair, we never really got into our rhythm due to Fulham's intensity. Riera nicked a goal for us in the 27th minute and from then on the defensive organisation from the back four kept us in the game. Another valuable 3 points on the board.

Notts Forest - Home

View attachment 220783

A much better performance today against a strong forest side. Jamie Ward scored a tap in with 34 minutes gone and we went on to create the better chances in the game but it ended 1-0, although Forest did hit the bar in the last minute!

Crystal Palace - Away

View attachment 220782

Palace have struggled so far this season but still have a team capable of beating any other in the division but it wasn't to be their day. They opened the scoring through a wonderful finish from Zaha but we quickly pegged them back as Yedlin flew in at the back post to tap in. Riera gave us the lead with a nice finish before Ledesma conceded a penalty just before half time which was converted, 2-2 at half time. The second half was a lot more disciplined from both teams and it was super sub Adam Reach who came on to bag two goals and allowed us to leave Selhurst Park with the three points. Fantastic performance.

This appeared to be the final straw for the palace board as Pardew was relieved of his duties

View attachment 220781

League Table

View attachment 220780

We now sit in 17th position after a brilliant month. Onwards and upwards!