After all the excitement of transfer deadline day I somehow managed to miss out the update from our away game against Inverness. I am only new to this I suppose :p

View attachment 223718

Not a lot to report really. We went down to a headed goal from Richie Foran after 17 minutes but after that we had more of the chances and possession but failed to make it count. Craig Slater, a young central midfielder went off injured with a sprained ankle and is set to be out for 3 weeks.

Below is a look at our schedule for the season and results from my first month in charge.

View attachment 223717

We face St. Mirren next in the league and then again a few weeks later after drawing them in the league cup. Both of them are home fixtures that I am hoping to win.

Rory McKenzie has been my stand out player up to now.

View attachment 223716

I'm hoping for big things from the lad. He's fairly determined with good pace on him, important stats for a winger.

A potential tricky home fixture next against a St. Mirren side who have started the season well.

View attachment 223715

A hard fought game which finished up 1-0 in our favour. Young Lee Ashcroft scored the only goal of the game with a header from a corner kick.

Here's a quick look at the league table after the first 6 games

View attachment 223714

We have started the season reasonably well I guess, hopefully we can push on over the next few months.
As you can see Celtic have yet to win a game! Unbelievable stuff XD

Here's a quick look at our current squad and the tactics I have employed over the past few matches.

View attachment 223712

As you can see it's a fairly young squad but we do have some experienced heads in there which will be vital throughout the campaign. We also have some talented youngsters who are showing a lot of promise such as, Ross Barbour, Lee Ashcroft and Rory McKenzie.

The current tactic I am using.

View attachment 223710

I have been setting up with 3 in the centre of midfield but I do occasionally drop the ball winner further back depending on opposition or how the game is playing out.

The lads have taken well to my way of playing and I'm looking forward to seeing what the season brings.

Come on Killie!

As of now I will be doing monthly updates throughout the season.
I feel game by game updates can become a bit tedious to follow :p

Will have an update out at some point tonight :)

September turned out to be a fantastic month.

View attachment 223602

We managed to win all four of our matches without conceding a single goal, brilliant stuff.

As I reviewed the St. Mirren game in my previous update I will begin by discussing the game against Hamilton.

View attachment 223601

A game in which we were second best but held our defensive shape really well. Eremenko popped up with another goal which turned out to be decisive.

We then faced St. Mirren for the second time this month, this time in a league cup tie.

View attachment 223600

The same result as when we met a few weeks earlier and a very similar match. Not many chances for either side but an early goal from Josh Magennis seen us through to the next round.

Where we will play Motherwell

View attachment 223599

We finished off the month with a home tie against Partick Thistle who started the season well. The game contained as many red cards as it did goals with three players being sent off! Eremenko scored a superb free kick early on followed by two strikes from Rory McKenzie.

View attachment 223593

League table at the end of September

View attachment 223597

And to top it all off...

View attachment 223596
View attachment 223595
View attachment 223594

A hat-trick of awards! Proud of the lads.

October 2014

View attachment 223468

The curse of manager of the month strikes.

We start the month off with a home tie against Dundee United.

View attachment 223467

We did manage to take the lead through Josh Magennis after 18 minutes but we never really made an impression on the game. Dundee United managed to hit two after the break and we went down 2-1.
Nadir Ciftci was on another level.

St. Johnstone - Away

View attachment 223466

A much better performance after the disappointment in the previous match. I firmly believe we would have won this game if it wasn't for Eremenko receiving a red card, the statistics were even but we had the better of the chances. Swanson opened the scoring with an absolute screamer with 68 minutes gone before we were awarded a penalty in the 90th minute that Jamie Hamill converted. No less than we deserved.

Celtic - Away

View attachment 223465

A very resolute performance from the lads. I set up with 2 defensive midfielders in this game and we really nullified Celtic's attacking threat, most of their shots coming from long range. A good point.

Motherwell - Home

View attachment 223464

League cup quarter final clash in which I give Kwesi Appiah his first start for the club and boy did it pay off. He managed to grab two goals and was a constant threat. Eremenko also continued his goalscoring with two penalties, Paul Cairney finished off the rout in injury time.

League cup semi final draw -

View attachment 223461

We were drawn against Aberdeen who are probably the strongest team left in the competition but I am confident the lads can overcome them and get us into the final!

The board are pleased with the start I have made but we continue to make significant financial losses

View attachment 223460

League table -

View attachment 223459

I'm pleased with the start we have made but really hope we can push on in the coming months. We currently hold the best defensive record in the league, conceding 7 goals in 11 games.

November 2014
View attachment 223380

Dundee - Home

View attachment 223379

A match in which we were let off the hook when Craig Samson saved a penalty with 5 minutes gone. Josh Magennis picked up a double and after that we never looked back, a convincing victory and another clean sheet.

Draw for the Scottish Cup fourth round

View attachment 223378

Another match up against Dundee United. I feel like we play them every week!

Ross County - Home

View attachment 223377

A disappointing draw. If it wasn't for a lack of discipline from Jamie Hamill we would have won the match.
Two points dropped.

Injuries sustained to two of our key players

View attachment 223376

Lee Ashcroft twisted his ankle while playing for Scotland Under 21's and is expected to miss about a month. He's been a key player for us and will be missed.

View attachment 223375

Paul Cairney who is our first choice left winger suffered a twisted knee during a training session just two days before our SPL game away to Dundee United.

Dundee United - Away

View attachment 223374

A good away point against a strong Dundee United team. We kept possession of the ball really well and would have maybe won the game if it wasn't for the quality of Nadir Ciftci for the second time this season. Loanee Ben Davies scored a late equaliser for us, delighted for the lad!

Dundee United - Home

View attachment 223373

Yet another match against Dundee United. This time we went down to a Mario Bilate goal. I fielded a rotated squad with it being a cup game and the lads done well, time to focus on the league.

December 2014

View attachment 223309

Partick Thistle - Away

View attachment 223308

A good 1-0 victory against what was a very stubborn Partick Thistle side. Rory McKenzie stepped up once again to earn us the 3 points.

St. Johnstone - Home

View attachment 223304

Not as straight forward as it looks. St. Johnstone really gave us a run for our money today. The brilliance of Eremenko and McKenzie made all the difference, another 3 points on the board.

Aberdeen - Away

View attachment 223303

We made a brilliant start to the game, Eremenko putting us in the lead after 38 seconds. I probably should have sat deeper and hit them on the counter but I continued to play a high line and pressure the opposition and we come unstuck after a goal in either half from Aberdeen left us 2-1 down. Young Ben Davies received his marching orders with 86 minutes gone.
A lesson learnt.

Hamilton - Home

View attachment 223302

A game in which I thought the goal would never come but then the brilliant McKenzie saved the day. He's so important to everything I want to achieve here and hope I can keep him for as long as possible.

League Table

View attachment 223301

We end the year in second place behind Aberdeen who have been superb up to now scoring over 2 goals a game on average. Looking forward to see what the new year will bring.

POTM Awards

View attachment 223300

View attachment 223299

View attachment 223298

Eremenko and Mckenzie were superb this month and thoroughly deserve their awards.

January 2015

View attachment 223070

January was a really busy month with 7 games played.

St. Mirren - Away

View attachment 223069

Not much to say about this one really. Two goals scored on the brink of half time, a very even game with few chances.

Celtic - Home

View attachment 223067

A game I really hoped we could win to showcase our ability but it wasn't to be. Celtic proved too strong for us with Leigh Griffiths bagging a double, Jamie Hamill scored a long range effort late on but it wasn't enough.

Inverness - Home

View attachment 223065

A really nice victory for us. Rory McKenzie picked up an injury early on so I introduced 17 year old Greg Kiltie and he was superb, bagging a goal and tormenting the full back time and time again. Eremenko bagged yet another penalty on the hour mark to guarantee the victory.

Rory McKenzie injury

View attachment 223060

A big blow as McKenzie who has been vital to us is set to miss up to 2 months.

Motherwell - Away

View attachment 223058

Another draw. Motherwell have been struggling this season and this is a game I would expect to be winning, we really are struggling away from home.

Dundee - Away

View attachment 223055

Poor away from home again but we scored a late winner against the run of play. Dundee had double the amount of shots but just couldn't make them count. A much needed 3 points.

Partick Thistle - Home

View attachment 223049

A much better performance at home in a game which I started with two up top and both strikers got a goal each. Partick Thistle scored a late consolation to make the result 2-1.

New signing

View attachment 223047

Andreas Laudrup joins us on loan from Danish side AGF to provide competition in the left wing position, if he performs we have an option to buy for 60k.

Aberdeen - Home

League Cup - semi final

View attachment 223033

A pleasing victory against top of the table Aberdeen. Paul Cairney really upped his game after the signing of Laudrup. He provided the first goal and a man of the match performance, Lee Miller also scored again.
We reach the final!

League Table

View attachment 223031

We currently sit third in the table and if we can start turning our draws into losses we could maybe push for the top spot, who knows.

February 2015

View attachment 222979

League Cup final draw

View attachment 222978

We will face Partick Thistle in the final on the 15th March.

Transfer Deadline Day

A quiet day for Killie with Nathan Eccleston being the only player involved in a transfer, going out on loan to Colchester.

View attachment 222977

Celtic dominate the market.

We started the month with possibly the most difficult fixture of the season, Away to Celtic.

View attachment 222975

We just couldn't live with Celtic today, they dominated from start to finish.
One positive from the game was to see young Greg Kiltie get on the score sheet again, on to the next one.

Dundee United - Home

View attachment 222974

A really good performance from the lads. Lee Miller showed his goalscoring prowess by scoring two nice goals. Mark Connolly scored our third on 77 minutes rising highest from a corner and burying his header.

Inverness - Away

View attachment 222973

We fell to a late defeat against an in form Inverness side but they deserved it to be fair.
They passed the ball superbly and ran us into the ground.
I need to find a tactic for these difficult away games as I feel they are really starting to hinder our league form.

St. Johnstone - Away

View attachment 222972

Another draw in a game where we really should be taking 3 points.
The inexperience in defence is really causing us issues as they are unable to concentrate fully for the full 90.

League table

View attachment 222971

Here's how the table looks going into March.

The first game of the month is our League Cup Final tie against Partick Thistle.

League Cup Final

View attachment 222688

And just days before the final this happened.

View attachment 222687

We lose our star man and most creative influence in the team days before the biggest game of our season. Nightmare.

And that wasn't the only one...

View attachment 222686

We are going to be without 6 first team players.

Here's how the two teams line up

View attachment 222685

I set up with a 4-1-2-3 formation using young Mark O'Hara as a shield for the two centre backs.

And so it begins, the roar from the crowd is deafening as we enter the field.
A few of the young lads are looking really nervous but I know what they are capable of and hopefully they do too.

KICK OFF

1 min - Partick Thistle kick off and instantly hit the ball out wide to try and get at the young full backs but Barbour cuts the ball out and plays a lovely ball down the line to Kiltie who gets past his man and swings a ball in to the back post where Laudrup is waiting, he connects with the header... SAVE! The Partick Thistle goalkeeper catches the ball.

19 min - Partick Thistle are really keeping hold of the ball well and beginning to run us into the ground. Once again they get the ball out wide to have a run at the full back and this time they have success running past Barbour likes he doesn't exist and swinging a ball in to where Lawless the Partick Thistle winger is waiting... 1-0 He makes a perfect connection with the header and puts us a goal down. 1-0

22 min - We respond well after the goal winning the ball back with ease and retaining possession. This time Cairney steals the ball in the centre of the park and sprays a ball out to the explosive winger Greg Kiltie, instead of crossing this time he drives into the box where he goes past one man, past another... Tackled! But the ball falls to Lee Miller as he hits a first time shot... GOAL!!! We equalise almost instantly and we are right back in this. 1-1

37 min - Higginbotham is really giving O'Hara a tough time. This time he waltzes past him 25 yards out and is pulled back, free kick. Higginbotham is going to take it himself, he puts the ball down and lines himself up... He hits it over the wall and towards the top right corner... SAVE! Samson leaps like a Scottish salmon and palms the ball away. We are still in this game. 1-1

HALF TIME

51 min - It's been very even since the restart, both teams very cautious about taking any chances. Partick Thistle pick the ball up in defence and knock the ball out wide to winger Alho who comes inside and shapes to shoot, curling the ball towards the bottom corner. SAVE. Samson gets down low and holds the ball, what a keeper.

59 min - We have a corner kick. Laudrup swings the ball in towards the penalty spot, Connolly catches it on the volley and it's flying in! BLOCKED. Higginbotham is standing on the post and he clears! He's really been a thorn in our side.

77 min - The ball goes out wide to Lawless who comes inside on his right foot and heads for the 18 yard box before releasing a thunderbolt. Samson dives to his left and tips the ball onto the post and out for a corner, he's really keeping us in this game.

FULL TIME

The game finishes 1-1 and heads to extra time, will there be a winner or is this going to penalties?

EXTRA TIME

112 min - O'Hara picks the ball up in midfield for about the 50th time today. He drives in to the Partick Thistle half and nobody can get near him, he's still going! He hits a shot towards goal... JUST WIDE. A whisker away from giving us the lead. I hold my head in my hands. :O

PENALTIES

Nobody scored during extra time so we go to the lottery that is the penalty shoot out.
Who will be the hero today...

Partick Thistle will be taking the first penalty.

Bannigan steps up and smashes the ball in to the top corner, Samson had no chance. 1-0

Cairney does exactly the same. Buried it! 1-1

Up steps Higginbotham, there's no way this guy will miss the way he's played today... He scores. 2-1

Laudrup up next for us, he slots the ball in to the bottom corner just past the keepers outstretched leg. Close. 2-2

Booth makes his way to the spot. SAVE! Samson saves the penalty. Still 2-2

Ashcroft to put us into the lead... 2-3. Calmness personified, lovely penalty. 2-3

Osman, Goal. 3-3

Young Barbour steps up to take the next one. Right down the middle... GOAL! we take the lead again 3-4

Alho to take the next one, he's already scored today can he do it again. If he misses we have won! 4-4. He hits an unstoppable penalty into the top corner.

Our final penalty taker will be loanee Ben Davies who is only playing due to injuries. He's shaking like a ******** dog I can see it from here. Please. GOAL!!!!!! He's done it! WE WIN THE CUP.

View attachment 222684

I'm so proud of the lads, we performed admirably. We were missing so many first team players but still managed to achieve our goals. This is what I got into management for, this is what it's all about!

March 2015

View attachment 222639

A perfect month. A win in the cup final and both our league games.

St. Mirren - Home

View attachment 222638

We were absolutely awful today but somehow managed to walk away with the 3 points, to be fair the game came only 3 days after our cup final exploits so there were a lot of tired legs. Jamie Hamill won it for us with a penalty which was about our tenth of the season.

Ross County - Away

View attachment 222637

A superb away performance from the lads. I told them to sit deep, soak up pressure and hit them quickly on the break and it worked a treat. We went 2-0 up within half an hour with goals from McKenzie and Appiah and then held strong even after conceding just on half time. Another 3 points.

April 2015

View attachment 222451

Another good month aside from the loss to Aberdeen, who are playing like champions.

Motherwell - Home

View attachment 222450

Managerless Motherwell didn't stand a chance.
We dominated this game from the word go and ended up scoring 3 goals without reply.
McKenzie was superb as always getting himself on the scoresheet and claiming the MOTM award.

Hamilton - Away

View attachment 222449

We struggled to find our rhythm against Hamilton but Samson kept us in the game long enough for us to secure the 3 points. Hamill scored the only goal of the game from the spot.

Aberdeen - Home

View attachment 222448

Heartbreak. In what was an even game we fell short after a late turn around. Appiah opened the scoring for us after 37 minutes and it looked like it was our day until Hamill toe poked the ball into his own net, Ryan Seager scored a curled effort into the bottom corner in the 88th minute. The title is Aberdeen's to lose now.

Inverness - Home

View attachment 222446

I somehow managed to lose the screenshot so this is all I can provide :(

Inverness at home was the beginning of our final five matches played against the other teams in the top 6 in what is called the 'Championship group'.
After a poor first half in which we were a goal down McKenzie again showed what he is capable of and produced two goals in four minutes, sadly though we couldn't hold out and leave with only one point to show for our efforts.

League table

View attachment 222444

So with 4 games left to play we find ourselves in third place, some nine points off leaders Aberdeen who look set to win their first league title since 1985.

May 2015

View attachment 222302

A good final month to the season as we pick up two wins and two draws.

Dundee United - Away

View attachment 222301

An even game in which Ciftci continued his goalscoring exploits against us. Butcher was shown his marching orders after 20 minutes and from then on we really should have won the game but all we could manage was a equaliser from McKenzie, yet again. Connolly was sent off in the final minute and will now miss the match against St. Johnstone.

St. Johnstone - Home

View attachment 222300

A very even game in which youngster Greg Kiltie came on to bag the winner. Ben Davies started at centre back due to Connolly's suspension and had an excellent game.

After the game Kiltie came by my office for a chat...

View attachment 222299

He wants to leave us for Rangers! After all I have done for the lad.

View attachment 222297

I told him where he stands and he backed down, the cheek of it!

Rumours then started circulating in the media

View attachment 222296

The chairman is looking to leave, hopefully if he does we find someone with a very large bank balance.

Aberdeen - Away

View attachment 222295

We had an awful start to the game with Samson scoring an own goal after just 38 seconds but the lads showed great desire and managed to get our goal in the 79th minute, McKenzie the man again.

With that result Aberdeen won the league for the first time since 1985, it's all been Celtic and Rangers since then.

View attachment 222294

And we qualify for the EURO Cup! Great effort from the lads, I couldn't be prouder of them

View attachment 222293

I've been very impressed with January loan signing Laudrup and have managed to agree a contract with him when his current deal runs out

View attachment 222292

I also received some news of my own

View attachment 222291

I won the Scottish football writers manager of the year.
I'm proud of what we have achieved this year and it's nice to receive some recognition

Celtic - Home

View attachment 222290

A fantastic end to the season as we managed a 1-0 victory over Celtic. Eremenko showed his quality with a superb finish with just 7 minutes gone, although Celtic had a lot of attempts on goal they never really threatened us. Fantastic.

League table

View attachment 222289

Here's the final league table.
We finish the season in 3rd place level on points with Celtic and only four points off eventual winners Aberdeen. I'm looking forward to next season already

June 2015

We start the month being placed under a transfer embargo due to a potential takeover.

View attachment 222134

Any extra funds would really help us push on next season, especially with Hearts and Rangers back in the league.

Player of the season

View attachment 222132

The fans decide that Eremenko was our player of the year receiving double the votes McKenzie received!

EURO Cup draw

View attachment 222131

We will start our european campaign with a two legged tie against Swiss team Vaduz.

The takeover is close...

View attachment 222130

July 2015

We start the month with our Euro cup game against Vaduz

View attachment 222126

A really poor performance against an average side, the whole team looked off the pace and created very little. Expecting a much better performance in the home leg.

View attachment 222124

A much better performance today. We were awarded an early penalty for a foul on Laudrup who then provided the cross for McKenzie to knock in at the back post before scoring a goal of his own in the 35th minute. Vaduz scored a late consolation but never really threatened.

EURO Cup draw

View attachment 222123

We will face Kazakh side Aktobe in the next round.

Our first signing of the new season

View attachment 222122

Joe Dudgeon who has struggled with injuries lately joins on a free transfer after his contract with Hull expired. Could become an important first team player if he can stay fit.

Aktobe - Away

View attachment 222121

We only manage a draw in the first leg despite dominating the game, we created numerous chances but our only goal came on 21 minutes with a superb free kick from Clingan. Aktobe equalised on the brink of half time through a goalkeeping error.

EURO Cup 3rd round draw

View attachment 222120

A really difficult tie against Turkish side Trabzonspor should we finish the job against Aktobe in the home leg.

Chris Chantler came to see me for a private chat

View attachment 222119

He wants to join Aberdeen! What am I ever going to achieve here if our best players want to leave to play for rival clubs.

View attachment 222118

I tell him he can't leave but deep down I know he will probably never get the chance to play champions league football unless we get some financial backing from the new owner and we push for the league title.

Aktobe - Home

View attachment 222117

We only managed one goal despite absolutely dominating the game. Through to the next round.

Loan signing -

View attachment 222116

Youngster Aaron Kuhl joins us to provide competition in the centre of midfield.

Trabzonspor - Home

View attachment 222115

An absolutely superb first half seen us go in 3-0 up, Miller bagged a double and midfielder Slater scored a tap in. I told the lads not to get complacent because the quality in the Trabzonspor side could easily punish us and they did. Within 15 minutes of the second half they had pulled two goals back and were firmly in the driving seat but we held out for victory. A tough away leg awaits.

Pre Season

View attachment 222114

A really worrying pre season in which the only games we won were the home games of the EURO cup ties.
We face a really difficult run of fixtures to start the season.

Takeover

The takeover has now officially been completed but new owner Gordon Thomson has made no extra funds available.
We overachieved last season and if we are to compete in European competition and maintain our league form we desperately need more quality players and depth to the squad.
I'm slowly becoming disillusioned with the clubs only target being to exist.

I await my season expectations.

August 2015

Season Expectations -

View attachment 222050

Unbelievable. The board expect me to quality for the EURO Cup again which is awarded to teams who finish second or third in the league and want me to reach the semi final of both cup competitions. With a transfer budget of just over 100k and a 35k wage budget which would give us just 2k in spare wages I find their requests remarkable.

I have requested a meeting with the board

View attachment 222040

View attachment 222038

View attachment 222037

I can't believe this guy! I've told him what I require and he doesn't want to know. I'm starting to get really ****** off.

And then this happened

View attachment 222033

So on the same day we face Celtic at home in the league I am basically forced out the club for making a reasonable request. After the year we had last season.

View attachment 222027

I'm disheartened by what's happened. I feel I could have built something special here, all I was after was the backing of the board.

I'm going to take a break from the game and spend some time at my holiday home in Spain and reflect. Hopefully I will return to the game soon.

I had spent the last 6 weeks of my life at my home in Spain since my dismissal from Kilmarnock, it gave me plenty of time to reflect and decide my next career move.

Should I go back into coaching with my tail between my legs or should I remain in management?

I loved every second of my time back in Scotland and had a great season, we qualified for Europe and won the league cup before I was let go.

The pressure of being in charge and the make or break decisions give me that fire in my belly that I haven't felt since I hung my boots up, how could I possibly walk away from that.

After coming in from a round of golf one afternoon I switched the TV to sky sports news and the breaking headline read...

DARREN FERGUSON SACKED

My namesake had just lost his job at one of the biggest clubs in the North-East of England.

Could this be my return...