Dunc

Keyboard Warrior
Reaction score
Yo.

So I made this tactic and it seems to be doing well in any save I play atm, so figured I would share it with anyone that feels like they would be interested in using it.

It's a fairly basic 4-1-2-2-1 with the premise that the CF drops into the hole, one of the CM's runs on past him, with the play either going through the middle with the CM scoring, or going wide with the wide men either scoring or assisting.

Here's a basic view of the tactic:
DYQy1UJ.png

As you can see I have one player on BPD, I generally set this to be a player only instruction if I have a good passing/dribbling CB, otherwise feel free to leave it as a CD cover.

The important points to have in this is that the CM on the left side will score goals. I had Anita playing in that role for Newcastle and he got 13 league goals with 10 assists in the first season. That said, he's not the best finisher, or attacker, so with a good attacking CM they can score far far more, as seen in my Ross County save where Brittain was scoring an incredible amount of goals.

I'm not going to go into much more detail on this, but here's how it did with Newcastle in the first season with barely any transfers, as you can see above.

H8szfEb.png

Feel free to discuss the tactic here, I will reply to any comments that are constructive or give decent feedback. I have only played it with Newcastle and Ross County, both with great results. If it doesn't work for you then sorry, there are many other tactics on the forum you can try and I am sure one of them will be able to get you your desired results. :)

View attachment 393410

Any special PPM's players need to know? Especially that CM-attack who would go past striker? I liked this kind of tactics on Fm13, haven't manage to make on for FM14, always seems to be weak in attack and in defensive transition. I'll give it a try later, looks good.

Any special reason for balanced fluidity?

So here's the normal questions

OIs ?
Pitch size ?
Just plug and play regardless of home or away ?
Training and match prep ?

Any special PPM's players need to know? Especially that CM-attack who would go past striker? I liked this kind of tactics on Fm13, haven't manage to make on for FM14, always seems to be weak in attack and in defensive transition. I'll give it a try later, looks good.

Any special reason for balanced fluidity?

I like the wingers to both have Runs with ball often PPM. The CM depends on what he's good at, again a dribbler with RWBO would be great. Someone with decent finishing should be placing the ball. Anita only has Plays short simple passes and Places shots, and he's not that good attacking wise but scored a decent amount of goals.

Balanced wise, not really. I like to try and keep the teams shape while letting the players have some freedom. Not tried it on Fluid/Rigid etc.

How has your defence been with this?

Decent enough, considering the players I have.

2tAwbRp.png

Super write up, did you get my pm mate?

Yeah mate, will reply in a minute. :)

Last edited:
So here's the normal questions

OIs ?
Pitch size ?
Just plug and play regardless of home or away ?
Training and match prep ?

OI - leave to assistant.
Pitch Size - I can't remember what I selected at the start of the season, but 105x68m.
I use this both home and away. Some change to Counter when playing big teams but doesn't seem to matter all that much, as I have beaten Chelsea, United, City, Liverpool and Arsenal this season using the attacking tactic.
Training and match prep both handled by assistant.

I generally don't have all that much time to play FM these days outside work, so I try and play fairly quickly hence why my assistant does most the backroom stuff. :)

I like the wingers to both have Runs with ball often PPM. The CM depends on what he's good at, again a dribbler with RWBO would be great. Someone with decent finishing should be placing the ball. Anita only has Plays short simple passes and Places shots, and he's not that good attacking wise but scored a decent amount of goals.

How about gets forward or arrives late PPM's?

I'm not keen on OI's, would this still be ok to play without setting AM to do them?

I imagine both would be great for what the role does. I haven't tried either though.
imgur: the simple image sharer

Reason why I asked is this. I always teach one of my CMs Gets forward. However, for some reason, I can't get him to score nor he gets into chances for goal. This guy is however perfect for that box to box role. Will be interesting to see if it's better with or without that PPM. I'm probably getting off topic here.

is it ok if I change the false 9 to a poacher?

Not sure how that will work as the CF needs to drop deep to make the space for the CM/Wingers. Can give it a go though and let me know how you get on. :)

Reason why I asked is this. I always teach one of my CMs Gets forward. However, for some reason, I can't get him to score nor he gets into chances for goal. This guy is however perfect for that box to box role. Will be interesting to see if it's better with or without that PPM. I'm probably getting off topic here.

Yeah those PPM's should be great. Surprised that he's not been scoring, what are his attributes like?

is it ok if I change the false 9 to a poacher?

These two roles are completely different, the poacher stays up there on the shoulder of the centre back whilst the False 9 drops deep - probably dragging a DC with him. It would go against what Dunc is trying to achieve in the formation (i.e. read Opening Post)

These two roles are completely different, the poacher stays up there on the shoulder of the centre back whilst the False 9 drops deep - probably dragging a DC with him. It would go against what Dunc is trying to achieve in the formation (i.e. read Opening Post)

Sad, my PL is a great Poacher, not so good false 9, he scored 38 goals in 45 games last season, and hes only 21