Thanks for the comment guys, greatly appreciated.

Monday morning came around quickly and there were sure to be repercussions for Nicky Riley after his outburst over the weekend. Manger Matthew McClintock arrived early at the training ground and prepared for his confrontation with Riley.

Around an hour and a half later, the players began to arrive but no sign of Riley, not one to normally be late despite all his behavioural problems and this was a small concern for McClintock. Had the midfield man finally been rattled by what happened?

Half an hour late, Nicky Riley arrived. As he walked down the hallway, Gifton Noel-Williams, who was now beginning to get more vocal after settling in at the club, shouted at Riley, ‘That’s a fine’. The rest of the lads laughed as Riley headed straight to his managers office.

'Ahh Nicky, just the man I’ve been waiting for, come on in.’ McClintock was wasting little time in holding talks with the troublemaker.

‘Now, the weekend, to put it simply, your attitude, your conduct wasn’t acceptable Nicky. I was appalled that a professional would treat their manager and team mates in that way and we’re going to fine you two weeks wages and you will be dropped for the weekends game.’

Riley sniggered in typical Riley fashion.

‘You think that’s gonna teach me gaffer? You really think I’m gonna sit here, take the fine and the punishment just like that? I want out, a fine isn’t good enough, me being dropped isn’t good enough, I demand a transfer before the window closes. These players do not understand me on and off the pitch and it is simply not working out’

‘Woah woah woah, hold it there Nicky. You want out? I’m not being funny son but you’ve been here a couple of months and have only just begun to make a name for yourself in the game, don’t forget you hadn’t played a senior game until this season. Who’s gonna want you? We’re trying to rebuild this club and in the process rebuild players careers like you. You can be great kid, you can but you’ve gotta stay here and learn the game, learn to conduct yourself correctly, you’ve got it all to do.’

‘I’ve got the whole package gaffer, I could go to England if I wanted. I will do you a deal.’

‘Go on.’

‘I’ll give you my word that until the transfer window closes I will give my all for Dundee FC, you give your all for me but in return, if I’m not happy still come August 31st, you give me a move?’

The Dundee manager contemplated it before coming to a decision.

‘Alright son, you got yourself a deal but if you dare to break your word, you won’t be going anywhere.’

‘Ha, we’ll see boss, we’ll see.’

And with that, the midfielder left his managers office and made his way out for training safe in the knowledge that if he kept his end of the deal, he’d get his move away already. Question was, could Riley really stay out of mischief?

Lost track of this story recently, just read the new updates, still brilliant mate!

Teach Riley a lesson, hes turning into a real ****!! lol

Good story mate.

Have a look at mine and leave me a comment

Daza

Footy4Life89, it's been a week or so, doesn't mean it's closed, means i have other things to do as well, be patient. Here it is anyway.......

Well with the Nicky Riley saga continuing, there was still the matter of results on the pitch and Matthew McClintock’s men were in action again, this time in another real test at home against Falkirk, one of the better sides in the division.

With the points deficit on the board, home matches were seen as vital by McClintock and they knew that they really couldn’t afford defeat at this early stage in the season. The game against Falkirk saw Sean Higgins start up front in place of Gifton Noel-Williams who was nursing a slight back injury. Michael Ordish was also ruled out through illness as Gary Harkins was shifted out wide and Jamie Adams partnered Dylan McGowan centrally. Nicky Riley remained on the left flank.

The game started brightly and the crowd were fully behind their side with Higgins missing a golden early opportunity, blazing a shot wide from just six yards as his manager hung his head in horror. The pressure continued from the Dees and Riley was looking lively down the left, cutting inside and firing a shot straight at Falkirk keeper Robert Olejnik. Things then took a turn for the worse though as Falkirk with pretty much their first attack of the game broke down the left hand side with Ryan Flynn who cut inside Gary Irvine with Irvine leaving a trailing leg and bringing down Flynn to concede a penalty.

A massive chance just twenty minutes in and the responsibility fell to Jason Marr, the Falkirk right back. Marr stepped up right footed and tamely struck his effort with Rab Douglas guessing the right way and saving comfortably!! A huge cheer rang around Dens Park as Dundee were let off.

This seemed to spur McClintock’s men on and they went on the offensive with Riley, Harkins and Higgins looking dangerous going forward but they failed to test Olejnik up to half time and the sides went in all square.

The second half Dundee came out with intent but again failed to test Olejnik until past the hour mark when Gary Harkins hit a hammer strike heading towards the top right hand corner but Olejnik pulled off a fine save much to Harkins’ despair.

The game wore on and for all Dundee’s pressure, there seemed no cutting edge and it was Falkirk who had the best chance to go ahead as Kallum Higginbotham played a great ball through to Kenny Deuchar who rounded Rab Douglas but his shot was cleared off the line brilliantly by the recovering Rhys Weston. Dundee saved yet again, this time the Welsh defender to the rescue.

As time ticked by, the clock running down, Dundee thre bodies forward in stoppage time for a corner. Nicky Riley whipped it in brilliantly and Ross Perry smashed a header against the crossbar!! The Dundee players and fans alike couldn’t believe it as the referee moments later blew for full time as Dundee came away with their second consecutive draw and a frustrating result, but they also came away knowing that things could’ve been a whole lot worse.

your bound to be making the training things up?:L how are you finding all these conversations in the game?:L

yes it all part of the story mate lol...

Good update mate, Falkirk are a tricky side to beat, so a draw isnt a bad result, keep it up