For HOYD only personality matters and even that not much. both judging are not important and working with youngsters also isnt important. Working with youngsters could be important if you dont have enough youth coaches and you want him to help coach those kids.

1. Is there a good traits for players which can improve effectiveness of Traditional FourFourTwo?
2. [slight offtopic] What's the difference between PF and CF? If I'll change PF to CF roles what will I miss?

1. Is there a good traits for players which can improve effectiveness of Traditional FourFourTwo?
2. [slight offtopic] What's the difference between PF and CF? If I'll change PF to CF roles what will I miss?

1 - Here's a guide - https://www.guidetofm.com/players/personalities

2 - A pressing forward focuses on pressing rather than a more holistic approach. If you change roles to a CF that'll take away that element to an extent and the tactic will be FUBAR.

P.S. - Here's another guide on youth development. I'm not gonna spend time arguing with folks.
https://fminside.net/head-of-youth-development/

There is no arguing its just you are spreading misinformation in this thread, from using no team talks at start, now this and you are using advices from some shady websites that have no clue about game. If you want to link some website link official forum where it is explained.

There is no arguing its just you are spreading misinformation in this thread, from using no team talks at start, now this and you are using advices from some shady websites that have no clue about game. If you want to link some website link official forum where it is explained.

Ok first of all, i'm not spreading misinformation. I don't use team talks at the start of games. That's my play style nothing else. There is no need, in my opinion, if the morale is high and the team are on form. You only use them if the results are not going your way, as iv'e stated. If you give a team talk at the start of the game, you then are going to potentially influence one way or another the players. There is no guarantee due to the personalities of the players that what works for team A will work for team B. Hence reactive team talks and shouts only. That's what works for me when everything is set up correctly as iv'e stated in the opening post.

You are saying judging CA and PA don't matter when they do for a head of youth. Youth recruitment, junior coaching and youth facilities all contribute to the quality of the newgens (both current and potential ability) If your Head of Youth has a low values of PA and CA then they will not rate or recommend players accurately or give accurate reports on progress. Alot of players rely on this when playing the game and don't sift through every prospect. JPA/JPP is mainly used by a HOYD for continuous assessment of your newgens to report on their progress, and for their own scouting ability when looking at young players outside of the club. That's advice from the official forum btw. - https://community.sigames.com/topic/400465-crucial-attributes-for-head-of-youth-development/page/2/ &
https://community.sigames.com/topic/375721-head-of-youth-development-who-is-better/

You are saying ONLY PERSONALITY MATTERS which is an absolute crock of ****, especially when the Head of Youth is also a part of the coaching. Ideally a head of youth has decent coaching skills, decent determination, a determined personality (or one like model citizen, Model Professional, Professional, Resolute) and works well with youngsters, alongside decent PA & CA. Again. Even if your HOYD doesn't have a "desirable" personality, and/or if a newgen doesn't get given such a personality when he appears, it's not the end of the world because you can always tutor young players to try to give them better personalities. This is from the official forums and from the guidance listed in the above linked threads.

Might I also add that it's important the other youth staff have decent personalities and have good coaching stats as well. All youth staff can influence Newgens, however the HoYD’s impact is double that of the others. You want these staff in place to get good initial recruitment and then to develop the players with good coaching. Saying personalities is only important is literally only half of the battle. You can get good players but if they are not coached well it's a waste.

Here is a link to a filter created for a head of youth. Amend the personality search parameter as it's unlikely you'll find a model citizen early doors in the game. Go for personalities as mentioned above. https://www.dropbox.com/s/y28q81nls9zpaek/Head of Youth.fmf?dl=0

Also the game itself highlights CA, PA and youth coaching as key attributes. I guess the actual game itself is lying and spreading misinformation too eh?

attachment.php

Secondly, the advice from the websites (which are not shady) is pretty much word for word what is stated on the official forums. This is not an official website but an affiliate one, just like the ones I linked. Is this site shady?

Thirdly, "if you want to link" - No your ok, i'll upload whatever I like on here as long as it's within the rules of the forum.

I have tried to help folk, by explaining how I play the game and got the results I have achieved and by linking info to sites that explain this also.

A quick look at your posting history suggests you are just trolling, however giving you the benefit of the doubt I have fully explained above, the importance of a head of youth and given links to an official site so you can dry your eyes and quit with the misinformation bullshit you are trotting out. - http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/search.php?searchid=15615606&pp=

Last edited:
Speaking personally chrissy ive found your info extremley usefull ive followed probably 95% of the info given and its worked perfectly we all have different visions on how the game should be played just want to say mate keep up the good work your tactic has been one of the best on fm 19 really enjoyed using it

Ok first of all, i'm not spreading misinformation. I don't use team talks at the start of games.

I use your tactic in rotation with 2 others, that said, i follow your advice in the op. No pre game team talks, demand more every 15 ect... and its working a treat! I've started a roaming save at Rangers, won the championship with losing just the 1 game. Finished runners up in the Europa League knocking out Chelsea, Arsenal and A Madrid on the way to the final. I'm now at Arsenal ans unbeaten so far with only 10 games of the season left. Moral ovs isn't a problem .I find success is due to the rotating of tactic pre and during a match AND the use of your advise on how to handle the players ect..

Bravo!

Like nothing I am saying is gospel. I may have things wrong, it's just by my own personal experience playing the game and tbh taking onboard the best practice of other players iv'e posted what iv'e posted.

As Adi says, we all have different ways of playing and I respect that but to claim i'm lying and spreading misinformation is nonsense.

I use your tactic in rotation with 2 others, that said, i follow your advice in the op. No pre game team talks, demand more every 15 ect... and its working a treat! I've started a roaming save at Rangers, won the championship with losing just the 1 game. Finished runners up in the Europa League knocking out Chelsea, Arsenal and A Madrid on the way to the final. I'm now at Arsenal ans unbeaten so far with only 10 games of the season left. Moral ovs isn't a problem .I find success is due to the rotating of tactic pre and during a match AND the use of your advise on how to handle the players ect..

Bravo!

Yeah if morale is high then you just need to do the shouts and half time team talks. Rotating tactics is a good idea. I use my own one as a plug and play but tbh best results will be using similar systems i.e. same player roles but different formations. I'll implement this for FM20 no doubt and release a series of tactics on this basis.

I love this, its my go too 442 and there are lots of decent ones about. Folds perfect into my 4411 and 433 systems.

I love this, its my go too 442 and there are lots of decent ones about. Folds perfect into my 4411 and 433 systems.

Yeah, I think we cna all agree that using it as part of a system of 2/3 other similar tactics is the best use of it, likewise any other tactic.

I might in the next day or so try to create a set of two three that use similar roles but change positions. Was speaking to a few folk with alot of tactical experience in the game who concur that ideally this is what should be done.

Agreed! Do you have a link to a recomendard 433? I look out for your post's and always found your recommendation spot on! Would love to know what you use, thanks.

Agreed! Do you have a link to a recomendard 433? I look out for your post's and always found your recommendation spot on! Would love to know what you use, thanks.

Like wkdsoul iv'e been using a 4-4-1 and 4-3-3 variant of the traditionalfourfourtwo but they aren't perfect. Hence never released them. The fourfourtwo is my go to. I use the other two for games when i'm overwhelming favourite and in pre-season.

I'll maybe upload them tonight if I can work on both a bit more.

TraditionalFourFourOneOne

Ok here is the traditional 4-4-1-1.

Same instructions for usage as the traditional fourfourtwo just use an AMC instead of one of the pressing forwards.

I'm finding this tactic is very consistent in testing.

An example being a very young an inexperienced (full of undeveloped regens) giving an Italian side an absolute spanking with the first game using it. It's also worked well with my other saves.

attachment.php

A very useful alternative to the traditional four four two for those that have a striker that can maybe slot into the AMC role or preferably an out and out AMC attacking midfielder with good vision and passing.

So folks, give it a try.

Last edited:
This is five game sin with Celtic. With 4 16/17 year old regens in the side. Absolutely bossing it in an old firm game. They had 1 shot all game!

attachment.php

This is five game sin with Celtic. With 4 16/17 year old regens in the side. Absolutely bossing it in an old firm game. They had 1 shot all game!

attachment.php

Chrissy Dude..friend...do you update and change this traditional 4-4-1-1 ?
Regards

thanks dude

only started using it last night, but seems decent. I was using a tweaked Clash414

Been using a version of DYJ with the BBM in an AMC-SUPPORT role... going great

Last edited: