Dynamic League Reputation - Does it work?

Vance77

Reaction score
I've searched the threads but couldn't find anything on this, for some reason.

I'm thinking of starting in a small country, such as Wales, and building the league to be the most reputable in Europe. I'd probably do this by gradually improving my team and finances first, and then give some of the other clubs a bit of money.

But I read a thread on another website some time back, and the general thesis was that Dynamic League Reputation had some flaws that stopped it working as it should.

So has anyone had any experience with Dynamic League Reputation? If so, please post your story here. I'm going to try it for the first time, and would certainly benefit from others' experience with it.

Thanks.

I don't know if it works though.I won the Champions League with Young Boys but our leagues ranking decreased.. :(

Yes, it works. I won Europa League and I've been in Champions League final with Jagiellonia (Polish league) after long battle and finally Poland has one team in Champions League group stage.

Yes, it works. I won Europa League and I've been in Champions League final with Jagiellonia (Polish league) after long battle and finally Poland has one team in Champions League group stage.

A team that is not you? :)

Well, it's dynamic and realistic. Think about this, if a random Welsh team got to the CL and did well, only one team, why would their whole league become better? Of course, it could, but the whole league needs to have some form of success to go up. If English teams start losing in the CL, and none make it past the group stages somehow, England will drop. If you, as a Welsh team, manage to win the finals, and other teams are doing something of use throughout the world and actually finding success, then Wales will go up.

Karzid is right. There needs to be sustained success over a long period for the league to grow in reputation. Obviously the more teams being successful will help this along.

Is it at all possible for England (if English teams dominate in the CL) to get an extra champions league spot or..?

Well, I'm not sure about England as there might be a maximum number of spots one nation can have, but I have seen other leagues given extra spots for Europe.

Probably yeah, would be silly if you ended up with something like 8 English teams in the CL group stage... :S

There's a limit of 4 CL spots per league I believe. It's UEFA rules. They can have an extra 4 more Europa League. In one of my saves, England looks like this:

1. CL Group Stage
2. CL Group Stage
3. CL Group Stage
4. CL Best Placed Qualifying
5. Europa League Playoff
6. Europa League Playoff

Then another two available if a team outside of the top 6 wins the Carling Cup or FA Cup.

There was an instance when the league finished as so:

1. Chelsea
2. Man United
3. Man City
4. Arsenal
5. Liverpool
6. Tottenham
Carling Cup: Bolton
FA Cup: Aston Villa

Thus there were 8 teams in Europe from England. Was pretty funny to see. Pool, Spurs, Bolton and Villa all entered the Europa League in the Fourth Qualifying Round in the game. Doubt it would ever happen in real life, though.

It does work but you alos need to take into consideration that winning the competition with your team alone isn't always enough. Other teams from your league playing in european competitions will also affect the rating as will the national team performance. So say for example in Scotland, Celtic and Rangers will at very least be in the Europa league and Champ league, but the rest of the SPL teams tend to not do very well, and generally the old firm never make it past the KO stages.
So if they aren't really doing well and another league's teams get a good run, your league tends not to do so much.
You need a league with decent teams for this to really work IMO. HArd task with smaller less reputable leagues.

Started in Ukraine and in 2016 i didn't noticed anything from the Dynamic League system.

I thought that probably the prize money would increase, but it didn't. Yes, the league went into a 3,5 star of reputation but i didn't find the league more competitive what so ever.

The euro club competition places allocation works perfectly

What I'm wondering is if tv money and prize money can change...

Wales be good at football? :O
I didnt realise we had an international team until 1994, and I was born in 1979, says it all really. The only sport anyone cares about is rugby.
Most Welsh support the English football team, and only look at Wales if their on a winning run, which is about once every 10 years.
Neath may be a good team though I "think" they play at the Gnoll which is the rugby ground and has a 12k-13k capacity.
Barry Town made a bit of news a few years back but im not sure what their doing today to be perfectly honest.
I think the amount of cl spots does alter, because Scotland used to have 2 and it made the news when they got reduced to 1 on account of Rangers and Celtics poor showings.
I also seem to remember reading when england had 4 places instead of 3 and took 1 off the Germans?

Last edited:
Okay, I'm gonna do it, but I assume it's gonna take age so I'm going to give a random club a rich chairman so that it's not just my club that's progressing.

I'm probably gonna focus on developing my training facilities and youth recruitment network.

Has anyone got any good tips on how to build the league's rep' up?

Okay, I'm gonna do it, but I assume it's gonna take age so I'm going to give a random club a rich chairman so that it's not just my club that's progressing.

I'm probably gonna focus on developing my training facilities and youth recruitment network.

Has anyone got any good tips on how to build the league's rep' up?
I've played the Finnish league for 8 seasons now and the league reputation has gone up from 2 stars to 3 stars (which is a lot), but unfortunately the sponsorship money hasn't increased along with the league reputation, the price money has gone up a little, I'm not sure if it's just the Finnish league though. Also, I've noticed something when checking with FMRTE; it seems that a team's maximum reputation is capped to the same reputation that the national team of that country has, and the national team's reputation is unfortunately fixed. It's kind of screwed up that the dynamic league reputation can rise hugely and reach the top leagues in Europe, but the team's reputation is still going to be gimped if the particular country's national team is *****. I've gone round this by raising the Finnish national team's rep by a little in FMRTE whenever my team's rep is reaching it.

As for the tips on how to build a league's rep; your plan seems good, I've actually done the same and given some underwriter/background sugar daddies to random clubs in the league, but all you can hope is that they do well in the european competitions.

Currently managing Aktobe in Kazakstan, dreadful standard of football in which most teams play half fit players and hoof ball is used by every team. I really can't see any of the teams in the league doing anything whatsoever in Europe but i've got to Group stages of Europa league and got £2million profit so far in revenue (more than actual club was worth)

I think it's going to be a massive struggle for anyone to achieve anything decent with reputation system, fair play to anyone who does well.

i remember reading a story a couple weeks ago about someone winning the champs league twice in a row with a welsh team and getting the welsh leagues reputation to 4 stars, it took untill around 2030