Dynamic League Reputation - Does it work?

It is hard to do it without cheating.
In 1967 for example sctlands rating could off rose.
Scotland beat the World Champions england
Celtic won the European Cup
Killie got to the Querters of the Cup winners cup
and rangers came close to the uefa cup
thats what would have to happen to make it rise

i remember reading a story a couple weeks ago about someone winning the champs league twice in a row with a welsh team and getting the welsh leagues reputation to 4 stars, it took untill around 2030

I'm probably going to do some sort of cheating then, to make the progression a bit quicker. No way do I have the patience for a game that long!

my brother managed national team of Indonesia and did well with it

he noticed that:
1. Indonesia's FIFA Ranking went up
2. Indonesian leagues' reputation went up too (the first tier went up from 40 to 22)

so, the national team performance also can affect the league reputation

and, by the way
we're talking about League Reputation right?
does it have some relation with UEFA Coefficient?

does anyone know where to see dynamic league ratings?

You can only see it at the end of every season, it seems. You'll get a message to your inbox telling you where your league ranks. I think it needs improving slightly because it includes international and cup competitions.

@ Omru:

So if the international team ranking makes a difference, then it would be useful to develop the clubs' facilities so they produce better players for the international team, right?

You can only see it at the end of every season, it seems. You'll get a message to your inbox telling you where your league ranks. I think it needs improving slightly because it includes international and cup competitions.

@ Omru:

So if the international team ranking makes a difference, then it would be useful to develop the clubs' facilities so they produce better players for the international team, right?
I've read that one way to improve league standards is to have higher reputation players playing in that league. Hence yes, a better standard of facilities will produce a better standard of player, giving your league more rep.
Sadly, a single club doesn't make much of a difference, except in very low reputation leagues I guess. I discussed the morals of managing more than one team on the same save, so I could get the Portuguese League's standing improved, but in the end I decided I'd just manage a club outside the Big 3 and try to get them to european glory.

I'm not bothering with Wales anymore. You've all made me realise it would be too difficult. So hopefully you can advise me on which league to develop.

I'd prefer a league with a low reputation but with the potential to develop quite fast.

I was thinking either Scotland or Russia, but all suggestions welcome?

Belgium is a fun league to manage in, no real limits on foreign players either, meaning you can snap up african and south american kids at your hearts content, and if you leave teams like Anderlecht and Standard alone, then the other teams in your league will do well in Europe too. Im currently in the 3rd division with Geel-Meerhout, but I imagine eventually I will be able to make Belgium one of the best leagues in europe if I'm succesful and so are the others

Belgium is a fun league to manage in, no real limits on foreign players either, meaning you can snap up african and south american kids at your hearts content, and if you leave teams like Anderlecht and Standard alone, then the other teams in your league will do well in Europe too. Im currently in the 3rd division with Geel-Meerhout, but I imagine eventually I will be able to make Belgium one of the best leagues in europe if I'm succesful and so are the others
True, I'm finishing up my 5th season with Kaa Gent (my hometeam) and since then Belgium has more european spots, the champion gets into the group stage of the champions league. I've managed to get to the semi finals this season and last season I won the Europa League :D

Managed to get SPL upto 15th place up to the 3rd season, won SPL with dundee and it dropped down 13 places :'( saying that i got to KO round in euro (Had easy stages/groups and then was drawn against at. Madrid, **** it!) and got back extra champs league spot. Celtic n Rangers are going downhill so dont know how long that will last :D

This is purely scientific... I don't cheat, I only use scouts exactly for that purpose, scouting. But I want to figure out this DLR thing... Tools: FM2011 and FMRTE

I'm trying with Albania, KS Tirana, the team I used to support as a kid. Someone had configured the league, just had to download it and enable it in the editor. Did a little of my own editing... mostly to try and see if I pumped money things would change. So I increased the TV revenues so that the league winner gets about 1.2M USD and the last placed gets about 200K. Loaded South American databases, loads of much better players than the league has. FMRTE averages out the league at about 90 CA. After the transfer window was closed my team averaged at 115. Needless to say I won the league in my first try, but I did crash out of the cup at the QF, sadly at the hands of one of my city rivals. Now there are rules in this league about foreigners, 7 per team. I'm trying to maximize the odds as much as possible while at the same time trying also to keep this as close to reality as possible. So, I gave 4-5 of my South American players Albanian citizenship. Which, quite frankly, isn't that unheard of! About 2 years ago the Albanian president himself signed the order for two Kosovo players to become Albanian citizens 2 days before a big match so they could play for the national team. They had trained with the team for some time, the only thing missing was the legality of it. Now, both Kosovo and Albania speak Albanian and not to go too much into Balkan's 2500 year ****** history, Albania and Kosovo are technically the same. So I did the same thing. And sure enough, in about 3 months time half of my team is being called up, including some of the newly minted citizens, who are happy as clams to be earning caps, something they would have never achieved in their home countries.

Season 2 has just started. During the transfer window I picked up 3 guys, an 18 year old goalie from Nigeria with CA 138 and PA 187, a Dutch AM rated 127 and a CD also 127. Of course I didn't pick just anybody who was willing to come, though there aren't a lot of those... but after some tough negotiations I signed all 3. Had to murder all of my transfer budget into the wage budget to afford these guys. Immediate impact! They seem to have geled nicely. Breezed through CL qualifiers, kinda lucked out though. And now i'm in the group stages with Arsenal, Atletico Madrid and Rubin Kazan. I'm hoping to god for a 3rd place so I can go to Europa and see how far I can take it there. Rubin maybe I can ****** a draw and a win, Atletico maybe a draw, but Arsenal will murder me.

So, enough background.

I am analyzing all of the teams in my league. Finances mostly... we all play by the same 7 foreigner rule, though I've abused that once. All of the teams have a positive bank balance. It ranges anywhere from 2M to 5M USD. All of the teams have a large transfer budget, anywhere from 500k to 1.5M. Sadly, all of the teams have only used maybe 20% of that, at most. And I've been monitoring the league transfer market during the summer... all players signed for cheap and none of them really good. intentionally I let go one of my CD a guy rated at 117, nobody has picked him up. And he's there, in the country... I then looked at the wage budgets at all the teams in my league. Low, very low. My wage budget is 53K a week. The league average is about 12K. Then i looked at all the teams scouts and their knowledge. And that's the real reason why lower leagues don't progress. All of the scouting knowledge was limited to the Balkan countries only. Former Yugoslavia, Greece, Bulgaria and Romania. It would seem to me that in order to progress the league, a wider scouting base must be established. Not sure what'll happen but I'm going to keep at it and report every end of league with my findings. It usually takes me about a week and a half to 2 weeks to finish a season. Maybe longer if I get a GF :)

I'm currently trying to increase the Dutch league. They are surprisingly low considering they have Ajax, PSV and Feyenoord (3 and a half star rating).

I am with ADO Den Haag. I gave them top facilities and youth set up along with a good reputation to attract top players (as well as a fair bit of money). I won the Champions league in my 2nd season. It allowed the Dutch to get an extra Champions league slot but not because of the coefficient.

I've also got a little side project going within the game as well. I'm trying to increase N.Ireland's reputation as well. I added Glentorian as an affiliate and allowed them to have the same set up as me (money, facilities rating etc.) Although I get the benefit of signing their youth players, it has dramatically changed their rating within the past 3 years. They managed to make the KO of the champions league, giving their league an extra Europa spot and increased their league rating by 40 places.

I'm hoping to play this game for a long time and make both leagues one of the best in the world.

I know adding the money and facilities is cheating, but I was curious to see if the reputation would change and how it would affect the league as a whole.

I'm wondering about this if anyone can shed some light...

I was thinking of managing in Scotland to build it up into one of the best leagues in Europe. But because there are only 12 teams in the top division, could the league potentially still get four European Cup spots and three Euro Cup spots?

I'd imagine it's doubtful but does anyone know?

Well, second season in charge of KF Tirana is over. I won the cup and the league with 10 games to spare. In Europe I managed a 3rd place finish in group stages of CL which sent me to playoffs of Europa League. Won the first round against FC Luzern in a very spirited affair and got matched up with ManU who demolished me. But due to doing so well in Europe the Albanian Superleague was moved up a couple of notches. CL I still enter at second qualifying round, as before. Europa League was an improvement. Albania still gets 3 teams in, but instead of 2 in 1st round and 1 in 2nd I get 1 in 1st and 2 in 2nd. So far so good.
The transfer window is upon me. I'm cheating, yes, but nothing spectacular. Signed 3 players so far, one for depth 2 for weak spots. Didn't have to cheat that hard... just transfer listed one the players I wanted via FMRTE and bid asking. I paid the money... don't want it to be completely over in half a minute otherwise I'd have upped my entire team's stats. The other two actually wanted to come. Got one more to sign and on we go.

Well, second season in charge of KF Tirana is over. I won the cup and the league with 10 games to spare. In Europe I managed a 3rd place finish in group stages of CL which sent me to playoffs of Europa League. Won the first round against FC Luzern in a very spirited affair and got matched up with ManU who demolished me. But due to doing so well in Europe the Albanian Superleague was moved up a couple of notches. CL I still enter at second qualifying round, as before. Europa League was an improvement. Albania still gets 3 teams in, but instead of 2 in 1st round and 1 in 2nd I get 1 in 1st and 2 in 2nd. So far so good.
The transfer window is upon me. I'm cheating, yes, but nothing spectacular. Signed 3 players so far, one for depth 2 for weak spots. Didn't have to cheat that hard... just transfer listed one the players I wanted via FMRTE and bid asking. I paid the money... don't want it to be completely over in half a minute otherwise I'd have upped my entire team's stats. The other two actually wanted to come. Got one more to sign and on we go.

Well done mate keep on going. I have done similar thing with Lithuanian league in 2010 fm.I have added a big amount of money for all of the clubs but they just used 20% of the budget:mad:. But I couldn't be bothered to play more because I knew that the league won't grow. However now In fm 2011 they added dynamic league which is amazing. My coclusion is that it will take along time( I think more then 20 years) for the league clubs to grow and to be as good as premier league.

Once I won CL with Benfica and Porto won europa league. Result = Liga Zon Sagres went down two spots. -.-

Well done mate keep on going. I have done similar thing with Lithuanian league in 2010 fm.I have added a big amount of money for all of the clubs but they just used 20% of the budget:mad:. But I couldn't be bothered to play more because I knew that the league won't grow. However now In fm 2011 they added dynamic league which is amazing. My coclusion is that it will take along time( I think more then 20 years) for the league clubs to grow and to be as good as premier league.

I've been playing FM for about 3.5 years now, nearly daily. I'm not going anywhere :)
So if it takes 20 years, that's what, 4 months or so. No biggie.

One of the problems I'm facing is players making noise about wanting to go to a bigger club. What that translates to me is more money. Yes, plenty of bigger clubs out there, but I'm giving them what those clubs won't be able to: CL and Europa partecipation, in the group stages nonetheless. Try getting that with bottom of the table French teams!

Last edited:
End of season 3. Somehow managed to win the Europa League. Got real lucky in the drawings, final was against Liverpool. Got lucky there too since Torres who is still there in the 2013 got injured early in the match and Agger got a red. They scored first, i equalized they scored again I equalized again. Got a penalty blocked by Reina, then 5 minutes before the end of second extra time my defender Gioda who's been a complete revelation to the club scored his second of the night to win the match.

As a result, Albanian Superleague moved from 110 to 77th place in the league rankings. My team, KS Tirana moved from 148 to 51 in the club rankings. Euro league spots remain the same. 1 in first qualifying in CL and 3 in Europa, 1 in first and 2 in second.

So this is somewhat yielding some results. Slow moving but this transfer window will be a big tell if I can get higher ranked players.

It works, just go onto Europe and look at co-efficient rankings, it will explain everything :p